ADVERTISEMENT

Re-watched the Tn game

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
I'm going to be joyful as this UK program is fun to me and seeing these guys with our fans in the pre-game....good dudes all the way around.

1. Ox played a game last week....and he's a baller. I hope he comes back. I think he's regained his form for 2021 and can play on Sundays.
2. I still think Deryck Jackson is 2nd best Stoops MLB behind Jamin....he was all over the place vs. Tn. I'd put him ahead of Jacquez Jones, Forrest, Kash, Love.
3. The Olline in general was tremendous communicating pass blocking and passing off stunts, etc.. A dude we love to give crap to is Jager Burton....I thought the kid played physical and very well. Proud of him for stepping up.
4. Kattus....he was asked to single block DE a few times in some pickups...and the kid stoned Tn DE each time. Kid is a true weapon as blocker like I've never seen as a TE at UK. He deserves as much praise as the Oline for keeping Leary clean.
5. WR core was on point...great hands and tough catches. They were working over the Tn secondary.

I'll drink the cool aid...I think we match up better with Bama than TN. I"m not calling that game a loss by any means. If we can play with Max/Phillips and keep our 3rd CB off the field.....that is our kryptonite. TN is a bad matchup for what we do.

Saban isn't gonna lose to Stoops dude. Keep on dreaming.

Let's beat msu tomorrow first before this nonsense starts on here, ok?

Agreed, especially with the year we are having making all sorts of unforced errors; it’s TN and AL for cry’n out loud! We almost always find a way to lose to TN no matter their coach or what kind of team they have. This ain’t basketball and Saban isn’t loosing to Stoops because he doesn’t match up as well as he usually does LOL.

2. I still think Deryck Jackson is 2nd best Stoops MLB behind Jamin....he was all over the place vs. Tn. I'd put him ahead of Jacquez Jones, Forrest, Kash, Love.
I have not rewatched the game.

I’m curious about who was primarily responsible for those Tennessee rushing yards. Whenever I see a 60 yard TD scamper, I tend to wonder where our backers ended up.

Agreed, especially with the year we are having making all sorts of unforced errors; it’s TN and AL for cry’n out loud! We almost always find a way to lose to TN no matter their coach or what kind of team they have. This ain’t basketball and Saban isn’t loosing to Stoops because he doesn’t match up as well as he usually does LOL.
CCC not exactly knocking it out of the park with puke orange or Bama either.

I have not rewatched the game.

I’m curious about who was primarily responsible for those Tennessee rushing yards. Whenever I see a 60 yard TD scamper, I tend to wonder where our backers ended up.
As with all things..the defense as a whole was responsible. I could give a pass to the outside Cb is about the only two (Max and Jordan Robinson/Hardawwy) I’d give a pass to

But to be honest…Trevin Wallace would be top guy who played poorly, JJ simply put has been really poor all year (and needs to be replaced by Wade), Zion was a meee again at safety, we got zilch from Rybka/Saunders at DE

Deryck Jackson had his share of bad angles and Deonne didn’t dominate very much….but when you run the ball nearly fifty times…. Every body will have a missed play her/there

I do wish our interior DL would explode off ball more and penetrate for TFL more. We tend to conch stalemates that our Lber clean up …..Tn schemes way more penetrating vs our coach does not

Reactions: Girthang
I'm going to be joyful as this UK program is fun to me and seeing these guys with our fans in the pre-game....good dudes all the way around.

1. Ox played a game last week....and he's a baller. I hope he comes back. I think he's regained his form for 2021 and can play on Sundays.
3. The Olline in general was tremendous communicating pass blocking and passing off stunts, etc.. A dude we love to give crap to is Jager Burton....I thought the kid played physical and very well. Proud of him for stepping up.
4. Kattus....he was asked to single block DE a few times in some pickups...and the kid stoned Tn DE each time. Kid is a true weapon as blocker like I've never seen as a TE at UK. He deserves as much praise as the Oline for keeping Leary clean.
5. WR core was on point...great hands and tough catches. They were working over the Tn secondary.

I'll drink the cool aid...I think we match up better with Bama than TN. I"m not calling that game a loss by any means. If we can play with Max/Phillips and keep our 3rd CB off the field.....that is our kryptonite. TN is a bad matchup for what we do.

It is not a secret here that I personally prefer to consider one game at a time. It's an old athlete's habit. With UK being out of the SEC East title competition now, our game in Oxford later today will determine whether our guys are resurgent enough to pull it together and make a run for an 8-9 win season, or whether we rack up a 4 game losing streak and watch this season fall apart. Today is that important, and here is the devil in the details.

Our defense has a problem on the back end. It is a problem of injuries and lack of experience, not a problem of basic athletic talent. But in any case, our defense can be very good, if our younger players in the secondary step up and play better. We have already seen Max Hairston and Ty Bryant show some signs of stepping up at different points in the season, but that is not enough. More guys have to get it done, and it has been particularly disappointing to see regression in recent weeks by Jordan Lovett, JQ Hardaway, and Andru Phillips. Along with the injury to Jalen Geiger, this is just killing our secondary. These players have to pull it together now and deliver. If they can do that, then our defense could overachieve in November because our front seven is deep, talented, and more experienced than our secondary.

In last week's loss to TN, Devin Leary and our passing game produced a breakout performance. But, aside from UK-FL in September, we haven't been playing complimentary football. One week, our running game excels. The next week, our defense excels. But no consistency. I think this team still has the potential to be a late bloomer and reach more of its upside, but that means we need strong performances from the offense, defense, and special teams at the same time. IOW, complimentary football. If we get that, we literally could run the table including AL in Lexington next week. But it has to start today, because MS St is still good enough to beat us in Oxford if we play another sloppy, disjointed, mediocre game. So, time to grow up and man up.

It is not a secret here that I personally prefer to consider one game at a time. It's an old athlete's habit. With UK being out of the SEC East title competition now, our game in Oxford later today will determine whether our guys are resurgent enough to pull it together and make a run for an 8-9 win season, or whether we rack up a 4 game losing streak and watch this season fall apart. Today is that important, and here is the devil in the details.

Our defense has a problem on the back end. It is a problem of injuries and lack of experience, not a problem of basic athletic talent. But in any case, our defense can be very good, if our younger players in the secondary step up and play better. We have already seen Max Hairston and Ty Bryant show some signs of stepping up at different points in the season, but that is not enough. More guys have to get it done, and it has been particularly disappointing to see regression in recent weeks by Jordan Lovett, JQ Hardaway, and Andru Phillips. Along with the injury to Jalen Geiger, this is just killing our secondary. These players have to pull it together now and deliver. If they can do that, then our defense could overachieve in November because our front seven is deep, talented, and more experienced than our secondary.

In last week's loss to TN, Devin Leary and our passing game produced a breakout performance. But, aside from UK-FL in September, we haven't been playing complimentary football. One week, our running game excels. The next week, our defense excels. But no consistency. I think this team still has the potential to be a late bloomer and reach more of its upside, but that means we need strong performances from the offense, defense, and special teams at the same time. IOW, complimentary football. If we get that, we literally could run the table including AL in Lexington next week. But it has to start today, because MS St is still good enough to beat us in Oxford if we play another sloppy, disjointed, mediocre game. Time to grow up and man up.
Starkville is the game site.

Lovett has been dinged so I'd give him a pass for now.

Starkville is the game site.

Lovett has been dinged so I'd give him a pass for now.
Right. Brain cramp there. Anyway, I stick with the rest of my comments.

Good thing I didn't try to drive to Oxford for today's game, right? Kind of reminds me of the classic commercial featuring the great Charles Barkley, "in the Annapolis" back in the year when the NCAA basketball tournament was being played in Indy. LOL!

As with all things..the defense as a whole was responsible. I could give a pass to the outside Cb is about the only two (Max and Jordan Robinson/Hardawwy) I’d give a pass to

But to be honest…Trevin Wallace would be top guy who played poorly, JJ simply put has been really poor all year (and needs to be replaced by Wade), Zion was a meee again at safety, we got zilch from Rybka/Saunders at DE

Deryck Jackson had his share of bad angles and Deonne didn’t dominate very much….but when you run the ball nearly fifty times…. Every body will have a missed play her/there

I do wish our interior DL would explode off ball more and penetrate for TFL more. We tend to conch stalemates that our Lber clean up …..Tn schemes way more penetrating vs our coach does not

I don't think Trevin Wallace was 100% yet, and probably shouldn't have played if he did play much. I don't remember him being on the field, tbh, and I was looking for him early (also forgot my glasses at home). ESPN had no defensive stats listed during the game, so I don't know if he had anything in the way of tackles.

I don't think Trevin Wallace was 100% yet, and probably shouldn't have played if he did play much. I don't remember him being on the field, tbh, and I was looking for him early (also forgot my glasses at home). ESPN had no defensive stats listed during the game, so I don't know if he had anything in the way of tackles.
Wallace had 11 tackles vs TN.

I think you may be correct..but then again. Why not play Rayner if you saw early he was not ready…he played rhe entire game and was really poor to be honest…and Rayner played well the previous game

Just bad coaching decisions again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT