ADVERTISEMENT

RB Boone to UL

Peny Boone is a strong, physical, inside runner with power. Former MAC MVP at Toledo, ran for like 1400 yds last year. Hoping UK can add he or the Org St transfer.

Reactions: Soupbean
It likely helped them win 10 games last season, as their starting QB and tailback were both portal additions, along with many others.

IMHO, this degree of reliance on the portal can break one way or another: have a TCU run with huge additions, or pick a few bad apples, and see your program take a serious hit.
Or have a schedule that even a caveman could do it. UL schedule if humanly possible might be easier this year. They gotta play 7-6 Kentucky to bring them back to earth tho.

What I read they said that Boone would overtake Traynumun as the starter. Is he that good or Chip not as good as we think?
I thought he was painfully slow at open practice. No wiggle in his run either. DSK started with the ones. Patterson with the 2s. That’s doesn’t mean much because MCClain started with the ones last year and barely saw the field with Davis. Don’t believe the fluff articles either. Just read one saying Chip is killing it. Not Starting, not first with the 2s but KILLING IT. LOL.

I thought he was painfully slow at open practice. No wiggle in his run either. DSK started with the ones. Patterson with the 2s. That’s doesn’t mean much because MCClain started with the ones last year and barely saw the field with Davis. Don’t believe the fluff articles either. Just read one saying Chip is killing it. Not Starting, not first with the 2s but KILLING IT. LOL.
Sounding like we may not have a RB at the level we are used to. Guess Martinez would be the main man if we got him. Wonder how Boone stacks up with our other backs. He finished as the top backup at UL the reason he left.

Sounding like we may not have a RB at the level we are used to. Guess Martinez would be the main man if we got him. Wonder how Boone stacks up with our other backs. He finished as the top backup at UL the reason he left.
Closest comparison I can give to Boone is CRod. Not a burner but very, very strong. Really tough inside runner. An old time coach would say of Boone: "He'll knock your dick in the dirt."

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Closest comparison I can give to Boone is CRod. Not a burner but very, very strong. Really tough inside runner. An old time coach would say of Boone: "He'll knock your dick in the dirt."
Are you getting a little concerned with the RB position? I know Patterson has looked good, but he is a freshman. I know Demi is a good change of pace back. Chip is the one don't know what to expect. Wilcox is quick but hasn't been practicing a lot yet.

Are you getting a little concerned with the RB position? I know Patterson has looked good, but he is a freshman. I know Demi is a good change of pace back. Chip is the one don't know what to expect. Wilcox is quick but hasn't been practicing a lot yet.
Re RB, very concerned. Like you I don't know what to expect from Chip. Can he carry 16, 18, 20 times a game? Don't think Demi's an every down back. The 2 freshmen will contribute in time but are they ready now? Think I'm right here: UK's had 5 RBs all time with 3000+ career yards, 3 in the last 5 years. With those kind of numbers I can't understand why UK would ever have a hard time finding a highly capable RB. Hoping this works out with Martinez.

Reactions: secrules3
Re RB, very concerned. Like you I don't know what to expect from Chip. Can he carry 16, 18, 20 times a game? Don't think Demi's an every down back. The 2 freshmen will contribute in time but are they ready now? Think I'm right here: UK's had 5 RBs all time with 3000+ career yards, 3 in the last 5 years. With those kind of numbers I can't understand why UK would ever have a hard time finding a highly capable RB. Hoping this works out with Martinez.
Martinez averaged 6 yards a carry last year and had a great year at a high level. Looks like he is a big step up from the RB's we have.

Reactions: mrschwump
Martinez averaged 6 yards a carry last year and had a great year at a high level. Looks like he is a big step up from the RB's we have.
I agree and I really want this player but one thing that's a head scratcher is this player is from TX but only TX college offer was TX ST. Of course, players progress at different rates, I get that. Can't fault his production last year, that's for sure.

Chip is probably a 3rd and short or goal line power back to get hard yards, not a featured back with breakaway potential. May be why they are trying to get in with the Oregon St. transfer.

Reactions: cathouse
Remember reading one story on an Athletics something site. Wasn't on a UK board or a fan post. Just don't remember. Sorry

Without knowing the validity of the foundation you read on some unknown site, I don’t think there is any reason for anyone to address your question that assumes it as fact.

Without knowing the validity of the foundation you read on some unknown site, I don’t think there is any reason for anyone to address your question that assumes it as fact.
Just remember them saying that Boone finished the spring as the #2 back for UL and he wants to start. Hard to find much on Boone or Trayanum.

I watched a X post from Boone and he said 3 or 4th, come on man. So, I take that as a 4th string back at UL.................
Just telling you one article I read said that. All I have to go on. Said he was the #2 after spring practice and he wants to be #1. Maybe the article I read is wrong. Did not see what you said. Just saw that we have contacted Boone. Said he wants or would like to play in the SEC. Averaged over 7 yards a carry last season.

Could be. Boone's a fine talent, strong, pine-knot tough RB but strikes me as a guy who could have conditioning issues if he loses I

Could be. Boone's a fine talent, strong, pine-knot tough RB but strikes me as a guy who could have conditioning issues if he loses focus.
He also stated assumed because he was getting NIL and thought he would be top back.

Probably having to divert a lot of the NIL dollars back to basketball to get them out of the dumps.
Apparently allegedly there was a pack of new guys at UL who basically threatened to all go portal unless they got NIL raises. Held em hostage & Brohm blinked.

Keep this dude as far away from our program as possible. Not sure what all the hype is about him. In 13 Career Games against P5 teams he has never rushed for more than 42 Yards. He is a MAC Caliber RB and anyone who invests in him will not get anywhere close to a positive return.

Miami reportedly involved, but probably just as safety net for Martinez decision. Martinez seems Miami bound.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT