ADVERTISEMENT

Quadruple bypass surgery - can't handle these games!!!

Get well fast. I had a triple bypass in 2019. I’m only here right now by the grace of God. I actually broke the wires in my chest coughing and had to go back for a follow up surgery to screw my chest together with titanium plates. It wasn’t fun but I feel great now.

You will get back to about 80% within 4-6 months. Plan on a full year to get to 100%. 16 months after my bypass surgery I carried a mature bull elk in quarters out on my back.

• Love
Reactions: TexKat and Jireh
I had quadruple bypass surgery 6 weeks ago and these Cats are testing the strength of those stitches! I haven't been as emotionally invested lately as I was pre-2015, but I was today! Great game and great win! Now let's carry this momentum into the postseason!
Take it easy J, that's nothing to play around with. This bunch will do whatever...don't get too worked up.

• Love
Reactions: BBUK and Jireh
I had quadruple bypass surgery 6 weeks ago and these Cats are testing the strength of those stitches! I haven't been as emotionally invested lately as I was pre-2015, but I was today! Great game and great win! Now let's carry this momentum into the postseason!
I had it 7 years ago at 59...the worst is over now as long as you don't take too big a bong hit. Get well soon.

• Love
Reactions: Jireh
Get well fast. I had a triple bypass in 2019. I’m only here right now by the grace of God. I actually broke the wires in my chest coughing and had to go back for a follow up surgery to screw my chest together with titanium plates. It wasn’t fun but I feel great now.

You will get back to about 80% within 4-6 months. Plan on a full year to get to 100%. 16 months after my bypass surgery I carried a mature bull elk in quarters out on my back.
That's what I've been told. I've turned a corner over the last week and feel much better. But I know I still have a long way to go. God's grace is the reason I'm here as well - my widow-maker was 90% blocked. I was a heart attack just waiting to happen.

So sorry you had to go in for the follow up surgery. That's had to be discouraging.

Reactions: BBUK
You're right. I hope you're doing ok now!
Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for asking. My first HA I thought the Dr. was kidding. The second one was because of a blood clot so they put in a couple of more stints...and some more drugs. 🤣 Anyway, all is well so far.

Reactions: BBUK
I had mine 8/28/2023 and I concur.

• Love
That's what I've been told. I've turned a corner over the last week and feel much better. But I know I still have a long way to go. God's grace is the reason I'm here as well - my widow-maker was 90% blocked. I was a heart attack just waiting to happen.

So sorry you had to go in for the follow up surgery. That's had to be discouraging.
My grandma had triple bypass in 2010. She's still going strong today. She had a stint in 2016. But that's it.

• Love
Had mine 12/29. Woke up with chest pain 4am. Ambulance ride to ER. Went into VFib when got there. Had to have chest compressions and shocked w 200 joules to resuscitate me. 100% blockage in LAD. 3 stents installed. Good enough to watch bowl game and basketball game in ICU later that day.

• Sad
Reactions: law1127 and BBUK
My dad had a heart attack the year Fitch missed the last shot to knock us out of tournament. I'll leave it up to you guys to remember the details of that crappy night. He lived, triple bypass and is still alive today, but my Mom only let's him tape the games, and allows him to watch if they win ...
Rough I know, but it's kept him alive all these years
He's very emotional during close games
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT