FB Recruiting QB Brock Glenn (someone to watch) discusses UK offer

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Memphis (Tenn.) Lausanne Collegiate quarterback

Brock Glenn
is skyrocketing up Kentucky's recruiting board, and a part of that process was landing an offer from offensive coordinator Liam Coen.

It's not just Kentucky.

The 6'2, 190-pound Class of 2023 quarterback has been gaining steam on the circuit lately.

"Vanderbilt offered me June 1st as soon as the dead period was lifted and EKU offered the next day on June 2nd," Glenn told Cats Illustrated this week. "Memphis offered me June 6th when I was at their camp and I picked up Cincinnati (Tuesday) after their camp. Then Kentucky offered me before their camp."

Glenn offered his thoughts on Vanderbilt and Cincinnati, an SEC program and one of the nation's better Group of Five programs.

"I love Vanderbilt because Coach Joey Lynch believed in me and was my first offer. He really believed in me. He gave me an opportunity before any other coach. That will definitely always stay with me. Plus Vanderbilt is getting a $300 million renovation so everything is going to be really nice," Glenn said.

"Cincinnati was awesome. The campus is very unique. They're redoing a bunch of their facilities. They're going to be top notch facilities and obviously it's a top notch program."

Glenn won't be slowing down now that he's picking up offers.

He will be at Arkansas State (June 11), Vanderbilt (June 13), Tennessee (June 17), Kentucky (June 23), and either Louisville or Oklahoma on June 26.

One thing fairly unique about Kentucky is that Coen's offer went out before Glenn attended camp. That made an impression.

"I gave Coach Coen a call and he said he knows that I can throw it and he just doesn't want to wait until after camp. He wants to go ahead and do it so when I come to camp I can focus on getting better and not earning a scholarship. He wants me to be able to focus on learning with him while he coaches and just allowing him to teach me instead of trying to earn an offer," Glenn said.

"He's come from the NFL. So on my Twitter I have a workout video. I took a couple of snaps under center and he told me he loves that I can go under center and also go shotgun. He really just likes to see that out of high school kids because you don't see that often anymore. He mentioned to me that some of his quarterbacks at Kentucky have never taken a snap under center in their lives. And he likes the way he ball comes out," he added.

Glenn said he's looking forward to his camp at Kentucky on June 23. That will be UK's last summer camp of 2021.

"I love Kentucky. I love Lexington. I've actually been up there and it's beautiful. I haven't seen the football facilities in person but I've seen videos and they're top notch. I'm very interested in Kentucky," he said.

So what is Glenn looking for in a college?

"Relationships, coaches, and the people I'm surrounded by every day," he said. "Good relationships with great people and coaches. That's who I'll be around. I'm going to be somewhere for three, four, or five years, so I want to be around people who will help me become the best version of myself."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News