ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Shocked to wake up and see the headlines

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
To say I am shocked is an understatement. With that said as a UK Fan I will give my complete support and backing to Mark Pope. Amazing player and what he has done at BYU is incredible. People need to understand Mark Pope has a better winning percentage coming to Kentucky than Dan Hurley did coming to UCONN. Mark's BYU Teams also run a modern offense that shoot several 3's. I think he will need to find an Asst. Coach to help with Defense as his BYU teams weren't very strong in the department but if he has a good NIL money bag set aside and can do well in the Portal as a result along with keeping the top Kentucky talent out of High School I think he could do pretty well.

With that said Mitch Barnhardt and Eli both need to be fired as of this morning. Going into this coaching search I kept wondering with it being such a huge hire why wasn't a Search Commitee formed to help make the best decision possible? Why was it left solely up to Mitch who is 50/50 on hires? Mark has my full support 100% but Mitch at the least just needs to fully feel the wrath of the fans.

I will support him 100% but I had to take off work. Hopefully co-workers will forget by Monday. Such a shameful day.

You got to be a sorry ass MF’r to not support our new coach until he at least gives you a reason not to. Some of you people obviously live very empty lives.
Actually I’d say he needs to earn support of fans. Everybody supports Kentucky. People shouldn’t just turn their brains off at an incompetent hire and pretend it’s going to be good.

He’s going to be here regardless of how anyone feels about it but Pope will have to earn support by his results.

Last edited:
Actually I’d say he needs to earn support of Pope. Everybody supports Kentucky. People shouldn’t just turn their brains off at an incompetent hire and pretend it’s going to be good.

He’s going to be here regardless of how anyone feels about it but Pope will have to earn support by his results.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. He will need to produce, for sure. But my thing is, you got people destroying the guy before he even coaches a game here. That’s just miserable man.

Reactions: GoCats53
I don’t necessarily disagree with you. He will need to produce, for sure. But my thing is, you got people destroying the guy before he even coaches a game here. That’s just miserable man.
It’s a bad hire. You can’t expect people to actually be happy with this. Anyone who actually knows ball and follows ball and doesn’t just blindly support every single UK decision, isn’t going to be okay with this.

He hasn’t shown he can do anything. There’s nothing to brag about. There’s not a single thing to point to. So he has to show that everyone else is wrong through recruiting success and tournament success because right now, he has neither.

It’s a bad hire. You can’t expect people to actually be happy with this. Anyone who actually knows ball and follows ball and doesn’t just blindly support every single UK decision, isn’t going to be okay with this.

He hasn’t shown he can do anything. There’s nothing to brag about. There’s not a single thing to point to. So he has to show that everyone else is wrong through recruiting success and tournament success because right now, he has neither.

I don’t expect anything out of UK fans nowadays — they’re a miserable lot for the most part anymore. Calipari is largely to blame for that, but pull yourself together. I know ball, I follow ball, and Mitch Barnhart is about my least favorite human on the planet. I am far from a “blind supporter”.

The situation we were stuck in with Cal was the worst possible scenario Kentucky basketball has ever been in in my lifetime. I still can’t believe we lucked into him going to Arkansas.

Hurley was crap when UConn hired him. Donovan was crap when Florida hired him. Jay Wright took YEARS to get going at Nova. Krzyzewski hadn’t done anything prior to Duke, and almost got fired because he didn’t win fast enough for their liking.

If you guys deep six this hire it will just **** the program up more than it already is. Get behind the guy, support him, and see how it plays out. If he doesn’t produce, you won’t have to wait long for a new coach. I for one am going to be happy simply watching fundamental basketball again. Watching a team that doesn’t beat itself. Watching a team that can guard a fence post. And most of all, watching players that play for the name on the front again.

He has a better winning percentage than Hurley did before going to UCONN. Just give him a chance. I was as stunned as the next person but who knows? Maybe he will surprise us all.

Reactions: GoCats53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT