ADVERTISEMENT

Predictable

Apr 11, 2024
I guarantee Cal told DJ, Fland, Z, and anyone who would listen to announce their portal intentions after Pope was introduced. He thinks it makes it look like everyone is jumping ship after the fact. A snake oil salesman to the very end! The fact is, the portal guys are much more important than any of Cal's recruits. We will be fine!

That all very well could be true, but you don't *know* that. And you sort of seem to be convincing yourself that was the case.

I highly doubt Fland and DJ would play these childish games. They are concerned with where they are playing basketball next year and how much money they can make doing so. Waiting for Cal's go-ahead just seems silly.

That all very well could be true, but you don't *know* that. And you sort of seem to be convincing yourself that was the case.

I highly doubt Fland and DJ would play these childish games. They are concerned with where they are playing basketball next year and how much money they can make doing so. Waiting for Cal's go-ahead just seems silly.
We are talking about Cal, he is petty and silly. You don't think the timing isn't suspect? They wait til the morning after Pope's introduction. Yeah I believe 100% Cal is behind it. The shame of it is the players probably don't get how they are just being used as pawns!

We are talking about Cal, he is petty and silly. You don't think the timing isn't suspect? They wait til the morning after Pope's introduction. Yeah I believe 100% Cal is behind it. The shame of it is the players probably don't get how they are just being used as pawns!

No I don't. It was two guys today so far, who decomitted or opted to transfer right? Didn't we already have like 4-5 guys do so last week?

If they had made the announcement early last week, would Calipari have orchestrated that to make it look like they were jumping ship because he left -- whoever was picked to coach Kentucky? Or late last week, would that have been Calipari's effort to make it look like Pope was a dud pick?

Some of you are overthinking things to believe that Cal has the power, and the evil intent, to direct forces to harm Kentucky.

These announcements always come at about this time after kids weigh all their options. No Evil Mastermind has to be involved. The simple answer is usually the right one.

Last edited:
I guarantee Cal told DJ, Fland, Z, and anyone who would listen to announce their portal intentions after Pope was introduced. He thinks it makes it look like everyone is jumping ship after the fact. A snake oil salesman to the very end! The fact is, the portal guys are much more important than any of Cal's recruits. We will be fine!
Dude, I don’t think that kids are going to intentionally try to hurt the program that they are in. Give it a rest. These are good kids.

Be happy we have a new coach, a new outlook, and appear to be going towards what most of us want as far as a direction.

Cal is gone. Let’s appreciate what he did to get our program back on top and move on from the rest.

Reactions: d2atTech
I gotta be honest it is fishy. Especially after the news of his deal finalizing with Ark accidentally, oops, OH-NO! Slipped right before the national championship game.

I mean anytime another program is going to have their day it’s awfully convenient that Cal just happens to have his shadow over it.

There’s no proof, but there is a pattern.

Bradshaw. Jayden Quaintance, Karter Knox, and Somto Cyril all announced last week.
I don't think everything is as diabolical as some think. It's expected. Keep an eye on decommits from Virginia Tech headed to Lexington.

How many years you think it’ll take for people to stop creating personal narratives in their head about Cal?

You could just as easily say everyone involved was respectful enough to wait for Kentucky to hire a coach before making a decision. No one knows.

I also noticed that everyone is also saying that they would still talk to Coach Pope. He wants it to look like it's a Kentucky versus Arkansas recruiting battle. That's his MO
If the Cal recruits to Arkansas are such a slam dunk, why did they reopen their recruitment? They should be heading to Fayetteville by now.

Bradshaw. Jayden Quaintance, Karter Knox, and Somto Cyril all announced last week.
I don't think everything is as diabolical as some think. It's expected. Keep an eye on decommits from Virginia Tech headed to Lexington.

This.

Don't follow the OPs logic here.

I also noticed that everyone is also saying that they would still talk to Coach Pope. He wants it to look like it's a Kentucky versus Arkansas recruiting battle. That's his MO
Winning recruiting battles (which amounts to nothing in the end, because he can't coach worth a lick) is the only thing he has left. Unless Duke is involved for the player, then not even that.
Next season, we'll kick his @ss by double digits and it's gonna be glorious

Reactions: kyfanrob
Cal's guys were always following him just like Pope can get BYU players he wants to follow him.It's not that complicated.

I would bet $ on it.

Cal has done this for 15 years. He is more motivated after yesterday. It was a huge slap in his face and one that was warranted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT