ADVERTISEMENT

Posters Talk About Mark Stoops like He’s Jimbo Fisher

Jimbo getting paid $76 million not to coach. AM have to pay that and still hire new coach and staff.
A&Ms supports excellence from the administration through the many alumni working in the oil business. They consider University of Texas and University of Oklahoma their rivals in football because they all three recruit the same players. Doesn’t anyone remember Jimbo and Sabans run in about NIL two years ago? Jimbo is getting fired for not winning with the NIL players that were bought, not that they were bought. People in Kentucky have no idea how important football is in Texas. More important than water.

A&Ms supports excellence from the administration through the many alumni working in the oil business. They consider University of Texas and University of Oklahoma their rivals in football because they all three recruit the same players. Doesn’t anyone remember Jimbo and Sabans run in about NIL two years ago? Jimbo is getting fired for not winning with the NIL players that were bought, not that they were bought. People in Kentucky have no idea how important football is in Texas. More important than water.
if they support excellence they sure have looked like trash every year in the SEC besides the one good Manziel season. Come on.

76 Million ain't shit for donors at Texas schools. In fact, it is probably the donors that want him out.
I can’t imagine a world where $100 million “ain’t shit” to fire current staff and hire a new one. Come on.

Especially when every hire is a coin flip. How many Next Big Things (like Jimbo previously) just wash out? I’d guess 50%.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I can’t imagine a world where $100 million “ain’t shit” to fire current staff and hire a new one. Come on.

Especially when every hire is a coin flip. How many Next Big Things (like Jimbo previously) just wash out? I’d guess 50%.
" I think" new sec TV contract will give each member school.80-100 million a year.

Money is not coming from West Texas but the Middle East. Brother Bob is Stoops middle east connection. Stoops has never "fit in" with the horse people around Lex. Wants to coach at a football first program. Will have unlimited NIL money. He's gone........

Money is not coming from West Texas but the Middle East. Brother Bob is Stoops middle east connection. Stoops has never "fit in" with the horse people around Lex. Wants to coach at a football first program. Will have unlimited NIL money. He's gone........
Bob? Because it won't be Mark.

They aren’t paying him 10m to come be dc

So Texas A&M thinks they are better than they are. They will continue to spend way too much money and have the exact same issue that we have. It is really hard to develop a team in the SEC. They had the best recruiting class in the country in 2022 and have still struggled, even with Petrino as OC. Plenty of people on here wanted him as our coach in the past. While he is an ass, he is a very good offensive mind. My point is, it is really hard to climb the ladder, and firing coaches ever two or three years isn't the best way to do it. Giving someone time is the only way a program will ever move up in the SEC..

Having said that, Kentucky will never compete with the top SEC teams in football no matter how much money we spend. People that talk about what our coach makes don't get it. All good coaches make tons of money. Is there a difference between 6 and 9 million dollars to us, sure. But once you've made 6 or 9 million dollars a few years, you already have more money than your kids can spend, so it is more about prestige than it is the money you make. A guy making $5 million somewhere in the ACC that can get a flash in the pan and compete for the ACC championship (Jeff Brohm) would be a fool to come to UK where he has very little chance to compete for an SEC championship.

I'm a UK fan, but it is time for me, and you all to realize we are not as good as the teams that we hype ourselves up about and think we can beat. I've done this way too many years and am now exhausted with it.

Having said that, Kentucky will never compete with the top SEC teams in football no matter how much money we spend.
There is the slimmest of chances that NIL collides with a local lottery winner and we find the money to do what the money under the table never could.

That and a lengthy period of decency in football without sustained 2-10 type periods . . . .

I’ll admit it is unlikely that we or perhaps 55 other P5 teams ever achieve what Georgia and Bama have the last 10 years, but I’ll never say never and will keep buying the lottery tickets!!

There is the slimmest of chances that NIL collides with a local lottery winner and we find the money to do what the money under the table never could.

That and a lengthy period of decency in football without sustained 2-10 type periods . . . .

I’ll admit it is unlikely that we or perhaps 55 other P5 teams ever achieve what Georgia and Bama have the last 10 years, but I’ll never say never and will keep buying the lottery tickets!!
I've been hoping and following for a long time and will continue to do so.

If Jimbo's is 76m, I doubt they get a new coach and stay under 100m by the time all the assistants are bought out. And add the new coach's buyout, salary and a team of assistants and staffers. Of course Urban doesn't have a buyout, Not a prediction, but will not surprise me if it isn't Meyer.

Reactions: The-Hack
So Texas A&M thinks they are better than they are. They will continue to spend way too much money and have the exact same issue that we have. It is really hard to develop a team in the SEC. They had the best recruiting class in the country in 2022 and have still struggled, even with Petrino as OC. Plenty of people on here wanted him as our coach in the past. While he is an ass, he is a very good offensive mind. My point is, it is really hard to climb the ladder, and firing coaches ever two or three years isn't the best way to do it. Giving someone time is the only way a program will ever move up in the SEC..

Having said that, Kentucky will never compete with the top SEC teams in football no matter how much money we spend. People that talk about what our coach makes don't get it. All good coaches make tons of money. Is there a difference between 6 and 9 million dollars to us, sure. But once you've made 6 or 9 million dollars a few years, you already have more money than your kids can spend, so it is more about prestige than it is the money you make. A guy making $5 million somewhere in the ACC that can get a flash in the pan and compete for the ACC championship (Jeff Brohm) would be a fool to come to UK where he has very little chance to compete for an SEC championship.

I'm a UK fan, but it is time for me, and you all to realize we are not as good as the teams that we hype ourselves up about and think we can beat. I've done this way too many years and am now exhausted with it.

I respectfully disagree, prior to Saban Bama had some bad years, he turned them around in a hurry. UGA had some bad years with Goff and Donnan. Richt was better, won alot of games, but his teams were dealing. I always thought his wife's health battle shifted his priorities. But it was announced he was battling Parkinson's its easy to see why football wasn't as important. Kirby was a gamble, but it paid off. In fact I think if Richt had stayed UK would have won the east multiple times, providing Carolina didn't hire him, which was the rumor.

What I am trying to say CMS has the program on solid ground. Maybe he has reached his ceiling, but if a change is made, it has to be the right guy who will take recruiting to the next level. UK has some good recruiters, but noone is elite.

This goes to show that sports are out of control, especially football. It’s amazing how much money is made and spent on entertainment especially that you can now buy a college championship if your pockets are deep enough. All for something that gives you nothing more than bragging rights. Then again, I’d probably feel different if we had endless NIL funds available lol.

It’s fine you can say never cause it will be impossible for as long as he’s our coach.

Some of y’all still haven’t realized that two top 10 programs are headed to the conference next year. Therefore as bad as we are now, this is the best season Stoops will ever have again at UK.

Have fun sitting at the stadium by yourself!

Reactions: bigbluedon
Have fun sitting at the stadium by yourself!
A poorly timed thought, given that we sold out Kroger the first time in program history this season for an FCS opponent.

Where, per chance BigBlue1992, were the tickets you gave up in disgust?

I can assure you they were filled!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FtWorthCat

Check crude oil prices and gas prices next week and you will see how easy it is for oil people to cover $100M without breaking a sweat.

Jumbo said thanks to all you little people who just participated in his buyout. Jumbo headed to meet up with Coach O......party time. Yeee hawww.

And? So you’re agreeing NIL isn’t the absolute answer to all shortcomings?
Absolutely. Stoops has consistently punched above his 11th average ranked SEC recruiting class, and Jimbo got the ax for consistently punching below his more highly ranked classes.

If NIL and other factors put us consistently 10th in the nation and 4th in the SEC in recruiting, I think Stoops and staff would exceed that level of success on the field.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Check crude oil prices and gas prices next week and you will see how easy it is for oil people to cover $100M without breaking a sweat.

Jumbo said thanks to all you little people who just participated in his buyout. Jumbo headed to meet up with Coach O......party time. Yeee hawww.
yeah but the thing about crude oil is it goes up and down ;)

he and coach o are hosting some parties that rival cartel lords

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
A&M is doing exactly what a lot of UK fans want to do. How's it worked out for them so far? You don't fire a coach that wins above his weight class. Stoops has done that and deserves to be here as long as he wants.

Reactions: The-Hack
So true. I remember having a conversation with a distant cousin back in the 90's. He lived down there. He told me their local HS football teams sold like thousands of season tickets, they had private boxes etc. It was big time. This was like 91 or so. I cant imagine nowadays.

A&M is doing exactly what a lot of UK fans want to do. How's it worked out for them so far? You don't fire a coach that wins above his weight class. Stoops has done that and deserves to be here as long as he wants.
BULLSugarHoneylceTea!!!

I thought for sure Petrino was going to get the nod to run the show.
That would have been great for this board. Now Bobby has to find another employer who will accept his low morals.

Dear God🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT