ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game show

Does UK have a contract for this? MJ needs to be releived of his duties for this show He is a cancer to this fanbase.
A couple of things:

Not sure why you think MJ is a cancer. You may agree or disagree with him, but I have never heard him say anything that was detrimental to the program.

Also, the show he hosts (Post Game Call-in show), in not a UK show, it is a station show. And the stations are going to continue to do it, because a lot of people listen, and that generates money.

So, you don't like Matt Jones? Ok, there are many who share this opinion. But is he "a cancer to the fanbase?" I'm gonna need a substantive explanation before I buy that description. At the very least, I'd say you're exaggerating and overstating your opinion. Why is he a cancer?

Secondly, the "official UK postgame show" has nothing to do with Matt Jones. The official UK postgame show happens at the arena and is sponsored by UK Healthcare and features a game recap and a scoreboard from around the conference, and an interview by Tom Leach and the UK head coach. Matt Jones' postgame show follows the official postgame show and is not officially affiliated with UK. And if you hate Matt Jones, I would suggest not listening to it, unless someone has a gun to your head.

Last edited:
The post-game show is great, really don't give a flying **** if you like Matt Jones or not.

Are losses sugar-coated? No.

Is Matt too afraid to read a room and say what needs to be said? No.

Will Matt ask the tough questions? Yes.

That's all I need to know. Now carry on with whatever you call this travesty.

Official answer: Kentucky basketball postgame shows are a production of the UK Sports Network and are unaffiliated in any way with Kentucky Sports Radio. The KSR postgame show usually follows the official postgame show on most of the same radio stations, but has nothing to do with the University of Kentucky. My suggestion: when the official postgame show ends, turn off your radio or your streaming device.

George Costanza Festival GIF

Does UK have a contract for this? MJ needs to be releived of his duties for this show He is a cancer to this fanbase.
Goodness. There are few takes that surprise me. Congrats.

As others have stated, KSR Post Game show isn't UK.

As others have asked...I'd sure like to know how Matt is cancerous.

As someone who has had a few leadership positions, I appreciate those that can challenge others productively. A divided or divisive fanbase is completely different from a fanbase that doesn't agree on everything.

I demand you get back in to this thread. Read all the posts laughing at you. Just attempt to give any support for it
He'll just pop up and post another thread and pretend like this horrible take never happened. Seems to be the trend today anyway.

Reactions: chroix
None of the post game shows - and there are several - are worth listening to.

Reactions: chroix
A couple of things:

Not sure why you think MJ is a cancer. You may agree or disagree with him, but I have never heard him say anything that was detrimental to the program.

Also, the show he hosts (Post Game Call-in show), in not a UK show, it is a station show. And the stations are going to continue to do it, because a lot of people listen, and that generates money.

I bet Matt's huge applause at Pope's introduction really made you feel warm and fuzzy OP.
Im ok with Matt. It is only a matter of time till he gets on the wrong side of the staff. He always does.

Reactions: Gametown_baller
Calipari “blackballed”
kSR because he got his feelings hurt because KSR … checks notes … criticized him on the heels of the worst season in modern UK history.

What did Cal expect? Blanket forgiveness and zero criticism for going 9-16 at Kentucky?
He also….checks notes….criticized the mark pope hire, calling it a poor decision before the man coached a game or recruited a player.

He also….checks notes….criticized the mark pope hire, calling it a poor decision before the man coached a game or recruited a player.
So did the majority of the media as did many fans until they had a little time to let it sink in. There is nothing wrong with that. Now, like most fans, they have bought in and want to see him succeed.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
So did the majority of the media as did many fans until they had a little time to let it sink in. There is nothing wrong with that. Now, like most fans, they have bought in and want to see him succeed.
there is nothing wrong with criticizing someone before you give them a chance to do 1 day on the job? I hope you are not in a manager/supervisor role because if so you suck at your job.

there is nothing wrong with criticizing someone before you give them a chance to do 1 day on the job? I hope you are not in a manager/supervisor role because if so you suck at your job.
Not when you are a fan of the program and not their boss. Your point would hold water if Matt was Pope's boss. He isn't. His job is to discuss UK sports among other things. There is nothing wrong with what he said or did. Going from Drew or Hurley to Pope was a bit of a let down at the time. The criticism was also directed more at Mitch than it was Pope. He also criticized the board for not allowing Mitch to interview many of the other candidates. It was an out of the blue unexpected hire that left plenty scratching their heads. It took a little time for people to buy in and there is nothing wrong with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT