ADVERTISEMENT

Possible backup for Andrew Carr

Name's too hard. Pass.
Big B? B squared? Bubba?
too-many-choices.gif

He scored a season and young career-high 13 points in a loss to Stanford, scored 12 in a loss to eventual PAC 12 Tournament champion Oregon and scored nine in both a victory in Maui over Chaminade and in a home win over former Wildcats Keion Brooks, Sahvir Wheeler and Washington

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Sounds like a good option for a 8-10mpg type of backup big with 3 years of eligibility left. Maybe they've seen something from his games that they really like. Some kind of intangible they are looking out for in future players? 4.5ppg/2.5rpg from a FR in a major conference is not bad. Players develop at different speeds. Foreign players can take more time to acclimate themselves to the US.

Sounds like a good option for a 8-10mpg type of backup big with 3 years of eligibility left. Maybe they've seen something from his games that they really like. Some kind of intangible they are looking out for in future players? 4.5ppg/2.5rpg from a FR in a major conference is not bad. Players develop at different speeds. Foreign players can take more time to acclimate themselves to the US.
I agree. Hit almost 30 percent of his 3s. That will go up and he's got some bulk. Not a skinny string bing.

Reactions: BlueSince92
There’s a few kids I wouldn’t care a bit to have here, but Honestly, I don’t want anyone else we think of as a backup for anyone on the roster. I want players who will have that huge upside and increase our chances. Now this kid and tons more could be good, I just would rather have some great ones. This is Kentucky and we need to get back to where we should be. Just my thoughts about it if corse. No more worrying about feeling or none of that high school shiiiit. That goes for all 13 spot on the team.

• Haha
Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
Good option for a backup. 5-10 minutes a game backing up Carr.

Going to be hard to convince a really good player like Achor to come here and compete with Carr for minutes. Both are playing their final season of college.

This guy can learn and improve this season as a backup and then shine his last two seasons.

My knowledgable UCLA friend here in Vegas said Berke was playing with nagging ankle and wrist injuries most of the season and didn't fit Cronin's slow and deliberate style. He was one of the MVPs in the 2023 FIBA U19 Basketball World Cup. And he is on one of the mock draft boards for '25 so the scouts still see his potential.

Last edited:
I hear what you all are saying about this kid but still not sold on him. Seems like there are others in the portal that would be a better fit.

I know a lot of folks here don't want the lesser known players, but I'm really rooting for these guys to be part of the rebirth of UK. I want THEM to feel wanted by the fans. Yeah, we'll lose games and losses are never fun, but Pope is constantly looking for improvement, so the rough moments shouldn't last long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT