Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Louisville
Tre White, Louisville
Frankie Collins, Arizona State
Riley Kugel, Florida
Mason Falslev, Utah State
Joshua Jefferson, Saint Mary's
Jalen Blackmon, Stetson

Reactions: Fox2monk
Adou Thiero should be considered our first portal target.

It’s odd having to re-recruit a player you’ve already landed once .…but that’s where we are in this new era.
Cal will have to find a way to get him into the game :/

It’s odd having to re-recruit a player you’ve already landed once .…but that’s where we are in this new era.
That's where EVERY program in the country is in this new era. Look at Moochie Johnson. He was given unlimited freedom on the court and South Carolina exceeded every expectation and still he is bailing on his coach and teammates.

All due respect to Adou and him doing what’s right for him but I don’t want the repeat Ugo drama from last year. If he enters the portal just thank him for his time and move on. At the end of the spring I’d be surprised if Adou is a top 5-10 PF entry into the portal. An upgrade was needed and his decision SHOULD allow Cal to do so. With Cal/this NIL debacle, that’s far from a sure thing though.

Reactions: Fox2monk
All due respect to Adou and him doing what’s right for him but I don’t want the repeat Ugo drama from last year. If he enters the portal just thank him for his time and move on. At the end of the spring I’d be surprised if Adou is a top 5-10 PF entry into the portal. An upgrade was needed and his decision SHOULD allow Cal to do so. With Cal/this NIL debacle, that’s far from a sure thing though.
What BS. Cal will not get someone better than Adou.

This idea that Cal is gonna get better players and do something with them is just asinine.

Reactions: Fox2monk and blubo

This idea that Cal is gonna get better players and do something with them is just asinine.
We’ll see. Cal could definitely swing and miss in the portal.

It would be foolish to think there won’t be much more proven options available.

you are correct, he may not, but there will be players better than him available.
but, will ccc get off his dead butt & try to land them....that is the 9 million $ question

Now available(could stay in nba draft tho). 17 pts 12 rebounds against Kentucky and 30 pts 13 rebounds against NCSU in the NCAAT

had 17 and 9 against Ohio State
19 and 10 against Illinois
28 pts, 6 boards, 7 assists against XU
17 pts 4 boards against Mich State.

Florida pushing hard for Amari Williams of Drexel. Why aren't we? A true five at 265 pounds that is one of the very best defenders in the country and shot 52% from the 2. Serious about winning? Why aren't we even interested in an experienced big like this that produces big time defensively and doesn't get pushed around like our bigs did.

Florida pushing hard for Amari Williams of Drexel. Why aren't we? A true five at 265 pounds that is one of the very best defenders in the country and shot 52% from the 2. Serious about winning? Why aren't we even interested in an experienced big like this that produces big time defensively and doesn't get pushed around like our bigs did.

I really don’t think Cal wants to deal with the portal. It’s looking like he might get 1-2 guys, but in the end he will ride or die with Freshmen like he always does.

Sounding like our starters will be Wagner, Fland, Knox. Quaintance, and Ivisic.

“We’re young!”

[UOTE="BigBlueManSouthCentralKY, post: 12808270, member: 2168"]
Just saw that UL and Michigan may be leading for Davis. What is it with UL that some good players even consider them?
[/QUOTE]
UOFL has a whole roster open basically, and they got a big infusion of NIL money after the Kelsey hire

Reactions: G-PIP
Maybe because we are looking at Cliff Omoruyi. Who is a lot better than Williams. There will be hundreds of players in the portal, UK can't sign everybody that enters. It is crazy, every time a new player enters, a new thread pops up "UK will not get so and so", or "Cal is not even looking at so and so."
For one, you do not know who UK is going after, and 2, you do not know who is coming back. Every time a player enters the portal or a portal player signs with another team, knee jerk reactions flood the board. There is still a LONG way to go with this thing, we will get a couple studs, couple / three players come back.

Reactions: Graham51
Maybe because we are looking at Cliff Omoruyi. Who is a lot better than Williams. There will be hundreds of players in the portal, UK can't sign everybody that enters. It is crazy, every time a new player enters, a new thread pops up "UK will not get so and so", or "Cal is not even looking at so and so."
For one, you do not know who UK is going after, and 2, you do not know who is coming back. Every time a player enters the portal or a portal player signs with another team, knee jerk reactions flood the board. There is still a LONG way to go with this thing, we will get a couple studs, couple / three players come back.
Cal’s priorities are his potential returning players and his incoming Freshmen. He’s not going to delve too deep into the portal until it’s clear who is leaving and staying and then he is going to look to see who will mesh best with the Freshmen group he has coming in. That’s just how Cal works.

Who cares who comes back other than Sheppard? Personally, I like z, but he has a way to go. Ugo, Bradshaw, Edwards, and Wagner can move on. Get rid of losers and get new blood that wants to win.

Reactions: tug1543
Yea like last year. Lazy ccc would have not gotten anyone from the portal if not for Huggins misstep. How does anyone continue to support this double talking used car salesman?

So do it the way we have been doing it? Other teams are already being aggressive. A couple of players late, whatever is left, is the way Cal has been doing it for years. The less proven portal guys we get the less chances of a championship. It takes too long for most freshman to develop in year one. Need guys ready to win day one. Most frosh come in cocky but once they start playing against older guys it is different for them. Do we use the whole year to develop guys and lose several games or do we go for it game one to get the highest seed possible?

Reactions: Fox2monk and G-PIP
Cal has his finger up his ass while other coaches are grabbing talent
Very few of the top portal have signed with new teams and several more will enter.

Not even going to address bnewt. Any idiot that quotes the same post twice, doesn't even deserve attention. We will find out very shortly who is staying and leaving. Other idiots want veteran teams but do not want ANY of the players to come back ??? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth, LOL.

Reactions: Graham51
EVERY day is crucial to be on top of the portal if our expectations are to win the championship. Not a lot of time to build a team and then have them to start meshing as quickly as possible. I hate procrastinators, that sit around waiting. Our football program is on top of the portal daily, the reason they get mostly really good players from top programs. We need to assume that hardly any of the freshmen will not be ready to help us win every game to get the highest see possible. We can't wait two months for 2 or 3 players to go try out for the pro's and then start scrambling to build a roster when most of them normally leaves. We don't need to miss out on any player that could help us win the championship. If that guy becomes available, go after him hard and chalk it down as competition for any guy that wants to come back late.

I guess if the main priority is getting three or four guys on the team to the pro's as quickly as possible then there is time to mess around and take it easy till they get here. It is appalling to me that some fans are fine with the way we have been doing things lately. To me this portal thing will be a sign of how serious Cal is to change the way he has been doing things. And sitting around patiently waiting on what three current players are going to do can only put us behind building and meshing the best team we could possibly have to win a championship.

EVERY day is crucial to be on top of the portal if our expectations are to win the championship. Not a lot of time to build a team and then have them to start meshing as quickly as possible. I hate procrastinators, that sit around waiting. Our football program is on top of the portal daily, the reason they get mostly really good players from top programs. We need to assume that hardly any of the freshmen will not be ready to help us win every game to get the highest see possible. We can't wait two months for 2 or 3 players to go try out for the pro's and then start scrambling to build a roster when most of them normally leaves. We don't need to miss out on any player that could help us win the championship. If that guy becomes available, go after him hard and chalk it down as competition for any guy that wants to come back late.

I guess if the main priority is getting three or four guys on the team to the pro's as quickly as possible then there is time to mess around and take it easy till they get here. It is appalling to me that some fans are fine with the way we have been doing things lately. To me this portal thing will be a sign of how serious Cal is to change the way he has been doing things. And sitting around patiently waiting on what three current players are going to do can only put us behind building and meshing the best team we could possibly have to win a championship.
I think the coaches already know, with a pretty high level of confidence, what the current players are going to do, don't you? They have a very good idea about who'll get drafted or offered a professional opportunity that they'll accept and who will "have to" come back.

Really quick and shifty guard, who is better than Wagner in my opinion, would really like to see Kentucky get him and one of Blackmon and Tyson, but I know I am very much dreaming and that will never happen because cal doesn’t want to hurt anybody feelings

That's where EVERY program in the country is in this new era. Look at Moochie Johnson. He was given unlimited freedom on the court and South Carolina exceeded every expectation and still he is bailing on his coach and teammates.
I know, it’s really sad, nobody can have a consistent roster anymore. Dudes leaving everywhere.

Reactions: qwesley
I really don’t think Cal wants to deal with the portal. It’s looking like he might get 1-2 guys, but in the end he will ride or die with Freshmen like he always does.

Sounding like our starters will be Wagner, Fland, Knox. Quaintance, and Ivisic.

“We’re young!”
Exactly what will happen. I’ll be ecstatic to get 2 impact transfers honestly. We all know how this will go down. Look decent in the warm ups, get crushed by Duke, lose 2-3 more around late December. Start iffy in conference like 4-3. Go on a little win streak. Lose a head scratcher. Go into the tourney on a mini run. Lose first round in both tourneys. “WE ARE YOUNG” and “Is Cal finally getting fired” off-season begins.

Reactions: seccats04
I think the coaches already know, with a pretty high level of confidence, what the current players are going to do, don't you? They have a very good idea about who'll get drafted or offered a professional opportunity that they'll accept and who will "have to" come back.
Yes, it should not slow down building our roster now, little by little. It seems most dudes that need to come back don't. Most of the guys they bring in want out of here as fast as possible.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT