ADVERTISEMENT

Pope trying to visit McNeely

McNeely can shoot. Would be an awesome player in Pope's offense. I think once Pope gets a year under his belt and recruits see the offense, they'll start rolling in. JMO, but you put that offense that's similar to the NBA with the exposure of UK. Gotta think recruits will be attracted to that. Some NIL dollars don't hurt either. I mean the dude has a fat muslim looking like Jokic in the offense.

If you are a player who wants a lot of PT, a green light to shoot 3's, and to play in a system with lot of screening action, we should currently be an easy sell.

Honestly, I am suprised we haven't heard more about possible players for next year at this point. As of now, it looks like we have Perry, and even he hasn't commented on if he will stay committed.

Hopefully the kid has seen BYU's offense this year and can imagine himself in it. With us building a team mostly from scratch, he can get all the playing time he wants and the freedom to shoot a lot of shots. He'd look good playing with Reed (🤞). Throw in Big Z and that's a heck of a start. Thiero also would be a good addition. Maybe bring in Hall and another player or two from BYU. Then fill the rest of the roster from the portal and if any of our former commits want to jump back onboard. Could be a very good team.

That’s the first thing I’ve seen on him recruiting anyone. Have you heard of anyone else?
McNeely had replaced UK on the list with Arkansas in the last update I saw. Had same teams other than UK on him--Michigan, UConn, Kansas, etc...but then saw Arkansas and no UK.

I have no idea who Joe Adams is and how credible he is though-so not doubting or confirming. Just no clue who he is and how he'd know this?

Hopefully the kid has seen BYU's offense this year and can imagine himself in it. With us building a team mostly from scratch, he can get all the playing time he wants and the freedom to shoot a lot of shots. He'd look good playing with Reed (🤞). Throw in Big Z and that's a heck of a start. Thiero also would be a good addition. Maybe bring in Hall and another player or two from BYU. Then fill the rest of the roster from the portal and if any of our former commits want to jump back onboard. Could be a very good team.

Unfortunately Z has entered the transfer portal.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I don't think it's desepration. McNeeley can shoot. If Pope is going after him it's because he thinks he can fit his system. A sharpshooting wing is vital in Pope's offense.
Sorry, didn’t mean McNeeley. I meant during the entire roster building process. I hope with the NIL money we have, we shoot for some highly talented guys (like McNeeley). I see this as a good sign.

McNeely had replaced UK on the list with Arkansas in the last update I saw. Had same teams other than UK on him--Michigan, UConn, Kansas, etc...but then saw Arkansas and no UK.

I have no idea who Joe Adams is and how credible he is though-so not doubting or confirming. Just no clue who he is and how he'd know this?
He seems to know stuff from what I’ve seen, but sometimes he’s hit or miss. He claims we have 9 mil in NIL so idk

Yeah it sounds like we don’t have a shot at getting him. It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of staff and roster Pope puts together

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
season 5 the krusty sponge GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Don't waste the time, he isnt coming here. Probably wasnt under Cal. Get in the portal and also try to turn one past upcoming recruit. And any guys on the roster you can keep. Roster challenges are huge. Do t waste time because tine is our biggest enemy.
What does Cal have to do with it? Completely different system and NIL landscape now.

If you are a player who wants a lot of PT, a green light to shoot 3's, and to play in a system with lot of screening action, we should currently be an easy sell.

Honestly, I am suprised we haven't heard more about possible players for next year at this point. As of now, it looks like we have Perry, and even he hasn't commented on if he will stay committed.

He hasn’t even been formally introduced as coach 😂. We’ll hear more in the next 2 weeks

McNeely isn’t just a shooter, he is a 6’8 stud athlete who has that dog in him. And he can shoot.
I think he will be an impact guy from day 1 wherever he lands and I sure as hell hope it’s UK.

He hasn’t even been formally introduced as coach 😂. We’ll hear more in the next 2 weeks
Signing a contract is being pretty formally introduced, lol. Sending out pre-recorded voicemails is too. I guess you think just because we have a little celebration today that's when the recruits will start showing interest, cause they will they see the "formal introduction" 😉

Wait, I thought the doomsday’ers said we would only go after 3* players now.
I don’t recall anyone saying only go after. People predicted for the first year that might be all he could get due to him coming from BYU and to kids today Pope is a relative nobody.

Let’s see if he can get a top recruit or transfer first, however, before we start pumping our chests.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT