ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: How many games will Miss St win next year?

WACB

Senior
Nov 16, 2009
With the addition of Newman, how will they do next season?

Theyll win 20 games and be a bubble team. Newman is good and there's no reason to be upset with the kids choice. He just values something different than our guys do. Remember, "UK IS NOT FOR EVERYONE."

I don't understand why Newman would make such claims like they were in contention for a championship. Staying home is fine by me and attending the same school as your father is also fine but dont make comments that male zero sense. I really believe he think Ole Miss is Mississippi State.

15-19 is the obvious choice. I'll give them a shot at 20+ with a post-season NIT or CBI or CIT bid (I know one of those last two does not allow Power 5 teams in it, but think the other technically does).

Hope he enjoys the NIT! He just committed basketball suicide, minimal exposure and a half empty arena.

They got an upgrade in coach and an elite talent...they should be better and come away from next season with some hope that things are on the right track...

however, unfortunately for them the SEC and specifically the West will be extremely competitive next season...

State may have made some headway in the right direction...but so did all their divisional opponents...

LSU...top recruiting class...perhaps best overall player in Simmons...
A&M...returning everyone, plus a top 10 recruiting class...
Auburn...will be a lot better in year 2 of Pearl...
Bama...Tide will look and play totally different under Johnson..

What is the over under on how many shots Newman will take a game compared to how many assists he gets?

Newman is going to create a new stat for pg's. shots to assist ratio

I'm not sour about Newman...especially since we are in the running for a better player in Murray. It's just kind of mind blowing that ANYONE, let alone a five star recruit, would pick Miss. State over UK. He's essentially throwing away his one year in college which most pros say is their most fun time playing basketball. That team will go nowhere and local fans will lose interest soon after watching Howland's boring offensive style and the losses start to pile up. My prediction is Malik will be playing in empty gyms most of the year. He might have a few 25 - 30 point games, but noone will care.

MSU will struggle to win half their games. Newman will be drafted in the top ten. No one will come to their games unless the Cats are in town ( I think they play in Rupp next year). Won't be a lot of fun for someone who won four straight state championships.

Newman will be jacking up 20-25 shots a game most likely. How happy will his teammates be to rebound and hustle only to throw it to Newman to always shoot. I say there will be a lot of dissension on the team-remember why Howland was fired from UCLA in the first place.

now way more then 18 or so . They will win a game maybe in the NIT . Listen at least ZImmerman went to a team where he probably will make the tourney and play with maybe a pro prospect or two but there is no sane reason for a top 20 player who is playing one year tops to go to Miss St IF they care about wins . It is pretty evident Newman cares about one thing - Newman . But Briscoe is a beast and we seem to be in well with Mulder and Murray so good luck sucking Malik.

Hopefully like 10 games because hopefully Newman gets declared ineligible.

ok that's twice I've read comments like this; what is with you and being so nasty about players who do NOT choose UK? Very trollish IMO

ADVERTISEMENT