POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno. The Muslim Nationalists on American campi, the actual fascists calling for the genocide of the Jewish people and death to America seem to be a bit more problematic.

As a Christian, I have never been given an invitation to the "Christian Nationalist" brigade or club or whatever you have been told is out there. Is this pot driven paranoia you are suffering? I mean, seriously, where are these meetings I have been missing? They sound awesome. Are these the folks that your sides bright bulb, Mad Max, says are out there in the woods training?
Christian Nationalism. Yet another demonizing colloquialism pulled out of the liberals asses and brought to the forefront to label half the Country as some sort of evil. Notice the libs on here never used these labels until the media started pushing them.

Wow. Inflation caused by pumping zillions into the economy caused and causes inflation. FACT. If that was not econ 101 they would just print money rather than raise taxes. 9% because of Biden
The economic literacy, or illiteracy as the case may be, in America is horrid. And the people who understand the least are much more likely to vote D. Amazingly consistent.

She was not asleep in her bed. Her coward boyfriend who fired the first shot used her as a human shield. She wasn't awaken from her peaceful slumber with an array of bullets like the media wants you to believe. Yes, her death was tragic and should have been avoided, and the Cops were not in the right regarding how they approached it, I'm not defending anybodies actions, just stop lying about what really happened.
Plus.. In Ky, even if a burglar is trying to break down your door with the intent to kill you... If you shoot through the door you are going to jail except in this one particular case. You have to wait until a burglar with a gun enters the home before you can shoot them yet a cop on the outside of the door gets shot at we act like it's normal to not get charged... It was a huge political snow job.

Occasionally y'all feel secure enough here in your safe space to say the quiet part out loud. Trump's "revolution" is the biggest danger facing this country today. Not China. Not Russia. Not Islam. Not communists. Not Antifa. The only one with the practical and logistical capabilities(outside of total thermonuclear mutually assured annihilation, and even that's not a guarantee at this point) to seriously threaten the United States of America is a MAGA insurgency. Now, I personally don't think a version of that is likely to happen. But you can't blame the giant defense apparatus America created for itself for doing what it was designed to do. In the Cold War it aggressively went after communists when there weren't really even any. They definitely didn't come anywhere close to the presidency or try to overthrow our constitutional republic from the seat itself. I wish this could be a point of agreement between the right and left, to rail in the expansive power of the defense and intelligence communities. But y'all really are the extremists they accuse you of being. It's on display in this thread every day getting worse and worse. Think about all the flybys who reminisce about what this place was like pre-Trump when all this vitriol was underground.
Proof that you are crazy is that nothing you said happened in his first term. Good lord. You are just spouting nonsense with no basis in fact. Covid was his opportunity to declare martial law or delay the elections.. but didnt. Stop being pot inspired paranoid.

There’s no reading of American history that can lead one to confuse their rejection and fear of denominational conflict with acceptance of godlessness and immorality.
And yet we still see these kinds of wholly inaccurate statements.
Many of the Founding Fathers were extremely fearful of the fusing of government and religion like we are seeing in today's Republican Party. It is not what they wanted.

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.
John Adams

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
Thomas Jefferson

The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries.
James Madison

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.
Thomas Jefferson

"The number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the state."
James Madison

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion
John Adams

"An alliance or coalition between Government and religion cannot be too carefully guarded against......Every new and successful example therefore of a PERFECT SEPARATION between ecclesiastical and civil matters is of importance........religion and government will exist in greater purity, without (rather) than with the aid of government."
James Madison

"No religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
James Madison

A zeal for different opinions concerning religion...[has] divided mankind into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and oppress each other than to co-operate for their common good.
James Madison

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
Thomas Jefferson

Reactions: Dionysus444
Many of the Founding Fathers were extremely fearful of the fusing of government and religion like we are seeing in today's Republican Party. It is not what they wanted.

John Adams

Thomas Jefferson

The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries.
James Madison

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.
Thomas Jefferson

"The number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the state."
James Madison

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion
John Adams

"An alliance or coalition between Government and religion cannot be too carefully guarded against......Every new and successful example therefore of a PERFECT SEPARATION between ecclesiastical and civil matters is of importance........religion and government will exist in greater purity, without (rather) than with the aid of government."
James Madison

"No religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
James Madison

A zeal for different opinions concerning religion...[has] divided mankind into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and oppress each other than to co-operate for their common good.
James Madison

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
Thomas Jefferson
Stop it with the fake James Madison "quote."

Reactions: Lost In FL

John Adams

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

John Adams

James Madison

James Madison

James Madison

Thomas Jefferson
Freedumbs.

-sambo circa covid days

John Adams

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

John Adams

James Madison

James Madison

James Madison

Thomas Jefferson

Did Ol Tommy Tuberville trigger you again?

• Haha
While reprehensible of course, that has nothing to do with government policy. Separation of Church and State (yes, it IS a Nelson Mandella moment, but let's take it at face value) I'm interested in discussing actual laws*, that meld the two. I'm not saying there are NO such cases, I'd just like to put our heads together and come up with some. I'm not having much luck so far.

*( I'm talking about laws currently in effect. I shouldn't have to say this, but there are small number of posters on here that nitpick/base their arguments on the "letter" of the post instead of the spirit of said post (because it's easier than formulating a cogent argument)

Last edited:
Reactions: WTF Cat
While reprehensible of course, that has nothing to do with government policy. Separation of Church and State (yes, it IS a Nelson Mandella moment, but let's take it face value) I'm interested in discussing actual laws, that meld the two. I'm not saying there are NOT such cases, I'd just like to put our heads together and come up with some. I'm not having much luck so far.

Yeah that’s his blame the Christian right story that keeps him up at night.

And what danger is the owner of that pickup truck to you or anybody else in America. More than likely he just wants to be left the hell alone.
I specified parked in a handicap space. Since it happened to me literally today. I can post the pics if you want. It's a perfect metaphor for Trumpism.

Proof that you are crazy is that nothing you said happened in his first term. Good lord. You are just spouting nonsense with no basis in fact. Covid was his opportunity to declare martial law or delay the elections.. but didnt. Stop being pot inspired paranoid.
He did. He tried what he thought would work. And used covid as his excuse.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
That's patriotism. Not nationalism. I criticize my country when it screws up, not stand by her right or wrong.
And that’s exactly what we do. Where do you think someone that considers themselves a nationalist cannot be critical of its countries flaws. We point out this administration’s screwups on the daily. We are aware the country has had its warts, but it’s still worth protecting. You’ve been indoctrinated to think the founding fathers intended the Constitution to be something other than what it is.

He's one of many theocrats in today's Republican Party.

Where was this Sep of Church and State energy from you when your governor was trying to arrest people for attending Church? He wasn’t the only one, was happening all over the country and by Democrats for the most part if not all. My guess is if I searched old posts, you prob cheered it on.

You realize this is two way street, correct?

Always take up for Dear Leader like a good little cult bot. Always. The cult lifeforce is draining away. Can you feel it Hal??
Open the pod bay door HAL. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true.
GOE1HP3aYAA7Kj7

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT