POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bill would never have passed without Trump's OK, yet you & most here blame Johnson solely. Why is that other than Trump being MAGA's god? Why didn't Trump also throw his party under the bus? I mean only 50-something Pubs voted against letting the bill come to the floor for the final vote. So it was 3-1 pubs in favor of that. How is that throwing the party under the bus? It's not. Easy to vote against it on the final vote when they knew it was passing w/o them.

Him being in court has nothing to do with him supporting the bill, does it?

As for his being in court for whatever reason, I repeat that I don't give an ish. Not my concern. But when you absolve him of the bill passing, he is the Dear Leader, no w/o question.

We get it man. Trump is bad, everything the political establishment does is good.

I have not seen a single Trump quote regarding this grift bill, nor do I care. Trump isn’t the one bringing these bills to the floor and passing them.

If Trump came out in support of this bill, then he’s wrong. Just like he was wrong on Covid and the resulting wasre. Just like he was wrong with a lot of the people he hired in his administration.

We get it man. Trump is bad, everything the political establishment does is good.

I have not seen a single Trump quote regarding this grift bill, nor do I care. Trump isn’t the one bringing these bills to the floor and passing them.

If Trump came out in support of this bill, then he’s wrong. Just like he was wrong on Covid and the resulting wasre. Just like he was wrong with a lot of the people he hired in his administration.
You've warped what I've said. Trump & Johnson were together on this bill. Trump's the one who got part of the Ukraine aid to be a loan. So Trump saying Johnson is a good man isn't support for what Johnson led?

So you say Trump was wrong on this bill. Ok, then he's a uniparty member.

Oh yea, I'm happy to be a rino as you define such: a conservative who is still int he party.

Not a Baldwin fan but people are awful. The in your face protester elevated by in your face camera, hoping he'll do something awful. If he did anything awful they would have deserved it and people would blame him.
I had to laugh, as Baldwin clearly doesn't see the irony.

Conservatives have been putting up with this kind of crap for years... so eff that murderer.

You've warped what I've said. Trump & Johnson were together on this bill. Trump's the one who got part of the Ukraine aid to be a loan. So Trump saying Johnson is a good man isn't support for what Johnson led?

So you say Trump was wrong on this bill. Ok, then he's a uniparty member.

Oh yea, I'm happy to be a rino as you define such: a conservative who is still int he party.

I don’t know what Trump actually said or the context. I see you posted a few lines, but didn’t link anything.

Regardless, it appears you posted something Trump said about Johnson after the bill passed. Yet you’re blaming Trump for the bill passing. I’m blaming the person who threw members of his party, and importantly their constituents, under the bus and teamed with democrats in furtherance of a corrupt wasteful grift.

What is going to be the role of these "Climate Corp" foot soldiers?

Monitoring and helping enforce new regulations regarding reducing energy output fm your business or home -

That's where I think they'll ooze in on this Stalinist Shitshow

Possibly also certifying certain new construction efforts

Something tells me they won't have many high functioning engineering type responsibilities - but they'll probably inspect, warn, fine and report on whatever area they're assigned to

Climate Corps. - hallelujah

You KNOW they're going to adopt a pseudo military appearance and act out like ROTC kids on a college campus -

Mister -- don't you know who i AM!?!

Reactions: trueblujr2
Actually, the White House has blasted these idiots. The mayor of New York, who is not quite as helpful as the Left thought he would be, has unequivocally blasted them. The media, on the other hand, not so much.
Saying something on twitter and actually doing something are totally different. It doesn't matter if a few people get arrested if they are immediately released and then sue the city for civil rights violations and win....

I feel like RFK was going to hurt Trump until he went far radical left with his VP choice.

Now it’s just a few more ballots they’ll need to create for Biden.

I don’t know what Trump actually said or the context. I see you posted a few lines, but didn’t link anything.

Regardless, it appears you posted something Trump said about Johnson after the bill passed. Yet you’re blaming Trump for the bill passing. I’m blaming the person who threw members of his party, and importantly their constituents, under the bus and teamed with democrats in furtherance of a corrupt wasteful grift.

I apologize for making it so hard for you to see the whole article by googling the quote.

Separately:

"For months, it seemed the road to unlocking the Ukraine security funding gridlock in Congress ran through Mar-a-Lago, with former President Donald Trump long skeptical of more aid for Kyiv. Already about half of House Republicans had indicated they would oppose more support, and Speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) couldn’t afford a jailbreak.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, had railed on the campaign trail about the billions of dollars the U.S. gives to foreign countries while problems continue to mount at home. As he grew more vocal in his opposition to U.S. assistance to Kyiv, support was also deteriorating among GOP voters, polls showed.

Trump’s objections had already helped sink support for a bipartisan border deal linked to Ukraine earlier this year, and his stance was seen as putting the new Ukraine-aid effort at risk as well. Ukraine proponents on Capitol Hill feared that one bad-mouth social-media post from the former president could tank the whole thing.

But some strategic outreach by Republican senators, a high-profile visit by Johnson and a small but politically significant change to the package helped convince Trump of the case for the Ukraine measure, according to people familiar with the former president’s thinking. That cleared the way for Johnson to move ahead with the bill without sparking the powerful former president’s ire, passing the bill through the House on Saturday.

The House voted 311 to 112 to approve the Ukraine aid, with one Republican voting present. It was backed by all Democrats but slightly less than half of Republicans. The bill contains $60 billion related to Ukraine, with much of the funding going to U.S. defense contractors or the Defense Department to offset weapons and supplies that have already been provided to Ukraine.

A key change in the House bill was to make $9.5 billion for economic aid in the form of forgivable loans, not grants, to align with an idea Trump floated months earlier. Is that clear enough, BC?
The Democratic-run Senate had passed a similar bill in February, but it languished in the House, where Johnson has a razor-thin majority and a large contingent of Ukraine skeptics. With Ukraine running short of supplies, some proponents had seized on the loan idea to get Trump on board.

A group of senators, including Sens. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), Kevin Cramer (R., N.D.), and Markwayne Mullin (R., Okla.), held joint phone calls, first among themselves to strategize, and then with Trump, after he had floated first the idea of making Ukraine aid into a loan. “We should never give money anymore without the hope of a payback, or without ‘strings’ attached,” Trump posted on social media in February.” The U.S. “should be ‘stupid’ no longer!” he said in the all-caps message

The House’s $95 billion aid package includes support for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. ‘The House has made many strong improvements to the Senate bill,’ House Speaker Mike Johnson said. The lawmakers’ plan, according to people familiar with the outreach, was to expand on the idea of the loan, and make it Trump’s idea, so that he would embrace it. Trump, officials said, was open to the idea—so long as the U.S. is guaranteed something in return. "

Brainwashed just like Putin and the KGB planned years ago.
Target a group of people using social media who are extremely religious and predisposed to believing anything they are told that aligns with their belief system.
Anyone that literally believes in talking snakes, Lot reproducing with his daughters after his wife was turned to table salt, A man in the sky who controls everything, and Rivers turning into wine.....Can be convinced Putin is a sweetheart.
The far right Christians were ripe for the pickins.

Why don't you share your actual views with the church you claim to attend?

I'm sure they would be happy to know your true feelings about your fellow parishioners.

Don't be a mask wearing coward, SCIENCE DUDE.

Step up to the microphone and let them know how you really feel about their beliefs.

You craven coward.

How is this real life?

Beyond financial goals, Lambdin said the relief was also allowing him the freedom to pursue some of his long-term dreams, including taking a sabbatical to study with his meditation teacher in India.

This should be the "who radicalized me, you did!" meme to anyone still capable of independent and substantive thought. As a formerly lifelong dem voter, I've grown to have nothing but contempt for those who continue foist this nonsense upon us. This chit has to stop.

I apologize for making it so hard for you to see the whole article by googling the quote.

Separately:

"For months, it seemed the road to unlocking the Ukraine security funding gridlock in Congress ran through Mar-a-Lago, with former President Donald Trump long skeptical of more aid for Kyiv. Already about half of House Republicans had indicated they would oppose more support, and Speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) couldn’t afford a jailbreak.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, had railed on the campaign trail about the billions of dollars the U.S. gives to foreign countries while problems continue to mount at home. As he grew more vocal in his opposition to U.S. assistance to Kyiv, support was also deteriorating among GOP voters, polls showed.

Trump’s objections had already helped sink support for a bipartisan border deal linked to Ukraine earlier this year, and his stance was seen as putting the new Ukraine-aid effort at risk as well. Ukraine proponents on Capitol Hill feared that one bad-mouth social-media post from the former president could tank the whole thing.

But some strategic outreach by Republican senators, a high-profile visit by Johnson and a small but politically significant change to the package helped convince Trump of the case for the Ukraine measure, according to people familiar with the former president’s thinking. That cleared the way for Johnson to move ahead with the bill without sparking the powerful former president’s ire, passing the bill through the House on Saturday.

The House voted 311 to 112 to approve the Ukraine aid, with one Republican voting present. It was backed by all Democrats but slightly less than half of Republicans. The bill contains $60 billion related to Ukraine, with much of the funding going to U.S. defense contractors or the Defense Department to offset weapons and supplies that have already been provided to Ukraine.

A key change in the House bill was to make $9.5 billion for economic aid in the form of forgivable loans, not grants, to align with an idea Trump floated months earlier. Is that clear enough, BC?
The Democratic-run Senate had passed a similar bill in February, but it languished in the House, where Johnson has a razor-thin majority and a large contingent of Ukraine skeptics. With Ukraine running short of supplies, some proponents had seized on the loan idea to get Trump on board.

A group of senators, including Sens. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), Kevin Cramer (R., N.D.), and Markwayne Mullin (R., Okla.), held joint phone calls, first among themselves to strategize, and then with Trump, after he had floated first the idea of making Ukraine aid into a loan. “We should never give money anymore without the hope of a payback, or without ‘strings’ attached,” Trump posted on social media in February.” The U.S. “should be ‘stupid’ no longer!” he said in the all-caps message

The House’s $95 billion aid package includes support for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. ‘The House has made many strong improvements to the Senate bill,’ House Speaker Mike Johnson said. The lawmakers’ plan, according to people familiar with the outreach, was to expand on the idea of the loan, and make it Trump’s idea, so that he would embrace it. Trump, officials said, was open to the idea—so long as the U.S. is guaranteed something in return. "

How much money is enough? At what point will the govt say that’s it? Ukraine is losing, they’ve been losing. This aid only gives Putin the green light to continue the push.
The only one getting weaker is us, it’s absurd. Will you be satisfied when US soldiers are fighting, because that’s the end result of the path we’re on.

For every one of those examples, there are hundreds that were legit.
By your logic, we should just ignore or do away with all laws and our court system because it is not perfect 100 percent of the time.
By my logic, it is a great system because it almost always gets it right....just not 100 percent of the time.
Quit backtracking, Village Idiot. You made an idiotic claim, everyone mocked you, now own it, big boy.

Or be a craven coward, and put your mask back on and shut up, SCIENCE DUDE!

Separately:

'According to people familiar with the former presidents thinking'.

Gtfoh with this nonsense, NetCat.

Can't wait till we get enough info on the bball roster so I can stop listening to the radio shows. Hearing CBS news doom and gloom tone over abortion is too much to take.

How many years ago did I post here that we were done? We are way beyond the tipping point and no real way to come back.

That tweet didn't even mention one of the key factors: the judiciary is now full of activism and agents of insanity. The law means nothing in all but the fewest scenarios.
And we are $35 trillion in debt with a president that doesn't understand a free market economy so... if he wins again... we will be $40 trillion in debt and most of the world will be off the dollar and our economy will be worse than during the great depression.

Separately:

"people familiar to the presidents thinking".. LOL "sources say". You'll believe anything printed if it's bad for America.

I don't want Biden. I don't want Trump.
I just donated to Nikki Haley's campaign.

The Party of Trump is a sick joke.
They just voted for open borders.
They make fun of military service men.
They support Putin over America.
They support children having rapist's babies.
They hate public education.
The House is a hot mess.
They trash our allies in NATO and invite Russia to attack them.
They embrace white nationalists.

The ReTrumplicans are extremists that don't represent moderate Americans at all.
GLzkmXRW8AACa3o

Separately:

So that’s why you give credit to Trump for the Ukraine aid? Because anonymous people supposedly familiar with his thinking said he supported it and he didn’t say anything about it? And you think he deserves as much credit as Johnson who was the one who hatched the plan to throw precedent out the window, abandon his party and team with the democrats to pass the aid most of the party opposes?

Quit backtracking, Village Idiot. You made an idiotic claim, everyone mocked you, now own it, big boy.

Or be a craven coward, and put your mask back on and shut up, SCIENCE DUDE!
All I claimed was truth and logic. The antithesis of the far right Trump cult on here.
Follow me into the new dawn of logic, truth and science....just break free from the iron grip of Cult 45.
Freedom awaits you Marley...way past time to escape.

Why don't you share your actual views with the church you claim to attend?

I'm sure they would be happy to know your true feelings about your fellow parishioners.

Don't be a mask wearing coward, SCIENCE DUDE.

Step up to the microphone and let them know how you really feel about their beliefs.

You craven coward.
My Presbyterian church is very liberal and not tied to old ways of thinking. It is much more excepting and focused on the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament rather than the focus on revenge, retribution and genocide of the Old Testament.
I feel much more in line with a focus on Love over the judgement and hostility of many far right church members I have come into contact with.
Too many churches are more focused on elections than souls imo. I believe that is why church membership is at an all time low in America.
Ask yourself why.

None of your drivel is related to even one of the facts of that tweet. This is how the rest of us know not to take you seriously.
No shit. To counter one of his points, which most of us could do in our sleep, is that NO books are "banned". Shin can still get his child porn fix off amazon or other retailers, but he cannot get it at a children's library in Florida. But he can still get his ... nothing is banned.

Reactions: screwduke1
There are reasons ppl can support the war in Ukraine and there are reasons ppl dont...and you don't understand what either of them are.

This "save democracy" talking point is void of any intelligence. That's not how foreign relations/policy works. Otherwise, why would the US be ally's with Saudia Arabia

Ukraine can be in this war to defend their country...no one has argued that. It's not why the US is paying them to be our mercenaries in a proxy war for us tho. You think the US cares about ppl in Ukraine. We already helped them gain their independence this is about border lines for them

In 2008 Russia invaded Georgia....you said nothing and didn't care

In 2014 Russian invaded crimea...you said nothing and didn't care

But now all of a sudden you are worried and putting Ukraine flag stickers on your bumper bc the media told you to.

You constantly wring your hands about history...but ignore the history of the middle east over the past 20 years, where we aimlessly gave our treasure, had no goal, and no timeliness of what we wanted to accomplish. And we're doing it again bc defense contractors need to get paid. Ukraine will not win this war. And it's only going to get worse for Ukrainians the longer it drags out, with more death. There have been peace talks and proposals on the table but the US and UK have blown them up every time bc their interests are not the same as Ukraine. Ukraine is a corrupt oligarchy, not a democracy...and they clearly didn't care to do anything for some reason for the decade un between after crimea was invaded. The US does not care about Ukraine, they are not an ally. Putin now has us doing what he wants- spending our treasure and now drawing this out where he'll not only eventually get his territory but make us pull out.

Putin is not some ruler of the universe. Are you claiming that Russia who has a gdp smaller that several us states, no navy, and poorly trained soldiers is going to defeat all of Europe and nato in your fantasy world if he takes Ukraine. No. Russia is not nazi Germany.

BTW, cool red herring about palestine...actual imbred nazis who live in a country that doesn't exist. Where your friends here are screaming gas the jews to American jews who live 1000s of miles away and have nothing to do with the IDF. We shouldn't fund Israel either btw, but clearly we just need to get you some tiki torches so you and biden can say "very fine ppl on both sides"

Oh and I'll just leave this gem for you:

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT