ADVERTISEMENT

Points to ponder

jrm693

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2007
I had came to the conclusion that Calipari can never lead UK or anyone else to a NC, coming into this season, here is why.
1. Deaaron Fox told us that Calipari is not interested in winning, I along with probably a great percentage of the readers on here took that with a grain of salt, thinking how could that be.
2. We have watched season after season as he made some decisions that cost games, seeding and put our team in disadvantageous positions, plus alienating the referees that cost UK at least 2 NCs.
3. He does not set screens to get his best shooters open for shots, he may set a token pick at the top of the key on a roll around, most collegiate teams work hard to get their best shooters good looks so they not only score buy get their rhythm going and confidence level up. He does not because he forces them to create their own shot(Prepping them for NBA). I hope this does not work against Travis Perry he can flat out stick it in the basket, but he has not had to go against fast, strong, talented college guards who their duty is to stop him yet. You get Perry open and he will fill it up.
4. I am now going to give Cal some props for this season, which gives us some hope, He has let each player play to his strengths, he could have reined Dilly in and destroyed him, Reed does what he does, DJ is coming along and without his performance we would have lost to UNC, Bradshaw is a pleasant surprise, Tre Mitchell is great, as is Reeves, Adou comes in plays his game right down the line he is letting them play to their strengths.
5. Cal has done what he does best get the top players and has them clicking on all cylinders, the losses do not sting when they are playing to their capabilities and the wins are sweeter. I hate we are already 1/3 to the way thru the schedule this s a fun team to watch, that only Cal could have put together, maybe he won't lock up and continue to let them run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News