ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can our coaching staff work HARD this off-season on ELIMINATING the DUMB mistakes???!!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
Turnovers
Penalties erasing big plays or giving the opponent a 1st down
STUPID prevent defense that is TOO soft to prevent ANYTHING
Not having the correct personnel in the game
Getting the play calls in too LATE on both sides of the ball

Unforced errors that you just can't win big games committing have to END for this program to EVER reach a higher level!!!!

WHY is it SOOOOOO HARD for Coach Stoops to correct this aspect of HIS program??!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Turnovers
STUPID prevent defense that is TOO soft the prevent ANYTHING

Unforced errors that you just can't win big games committing have to END for this program to EVER reach a higher level!!!!

WHY is it SOOOOOO HARD for Coach Stoops to correct this aspect of HIS program??!!!!!!!
It will never happen as long as Stoops is in charge you’re getting what you’ve been getting for 11 years nothing is going to change.

These things are part of the culture. They’re not going away.

Boy, that 3 points we gave them at the beginning with yet another moronic penalty. Damn.

Can we as fans not accept mediocre football and eliminate the coaching staff from top to bottom? No one should go to the games until this staff is gone. Complete embarrassment.

• Love
Reactions: bigbluedon and K86
This is something that REALLY needs to be a top priority for next season. The undisciplined play and very LITTLE attention to detail from our players AND coaching staff cost us at least 2 more wins.

WHY has it been so difficult for the staff to emphasize this aspect of the game that is ESSENTIAL to Coach Stoops program's success????

Discipline is not that hard to instill into your team, it just needs to be drilled into them and reinforced until it’s 2nd nature for them. Stop running your mouth at the opponent, stop shoving someone back because they came with a shove on you first. 2nd guy always gets the flag. Started the game yesterday with an unsportsmanlike penalty which ultimately gave them 3 points. That shit would not be happening on my team if you expected to see the field.

Discipline is not that hard to instill into your team, it just needs to be drilled into them and reinforced until it’s 2nd nature for them. Stop running your mouth at the opponent, stop shoving someone back because they came with a shove on you first. 2nd guy always gets the flag. Started the game yesterday with an unsportsmanlike penalty which ultimately gave them 3 points. That shit would not be happening on my team if you expected to see the field.
And it goes even deeper than that too.

-Know your assignments as an individual player(who to block, route running, hit the right hole, stay in your lane on defense, make the tackle if you are first one there, know the coverage scheme, etc)
-Double skin the ball when first hit
-Coaches be QUICK with the calls on BOTH sides of the ball AND know what personnel you want in the game IMMEDIATELY after the previous play is over

The attention to detail HAS TO be better next season!!!!

Reactions: bigbluedon
Turnovers

Same problems that have plagued Stoops for years. Still hasn’t or doesn’t know how to fix it.

Turnovers

90% of those issues are on the HC and his tone/philosophy to rest of the coaches and the trickle down to the players. That is all on STOOPS

I don’t think you understand how fortunate we are to have the coaching staff we do. If Stoops hadn’t walked into Barney’s office and sold himself we would have been stuck with some old washed up coach and be winning 2 or 3 games a year. Stoops has been around this game a long time and has his system down pat. There’s no reason to change a thing. There’s no need for all of this “the sky is falling “ stuff. The program is on solid footing, looking confidently to the future.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Blouman and catben
I don’t think you understand how fortunate we are to have the coaching staff we do. If Stoops hadn’t walked into Barney’s office and sold himself we would have been stuck with some old washed up coach and be winning 2 or 3 games a year. Stoops has been around this game a long time and has his system down pat. There’s no reason to change a thing. There’s no need for all of this “the sky is falling “ stuff. The program is on solid footing, looking confidently to the future.

Coach Stoops is "fortunate" to be paid a top 10 salary by Mitch for results that are far from "top 10".

All I'm asking for is MORE attention to detail and to make less BONEHEADED mistakes!!!

Coach Stoops is the 2nd longest tenured coach in the SEC, so for him to ACCEPT all of the things I've listed in this thread should be seen as RIDICULOUS.

Where did I say "the sky is falling"?????

I just want things that should be EASILY cleaned up, to be CLEANED UP!!! That shouldn't be too much to ask for from his entire coaching staff going into next season.

Reactions: JumperJack
Coach Stoops is "fortunate" to be paid a top 10 salary by Mitch for results that are far from "top 10".

All I'm asking for is MORE attention to detail and to make less BONEHEADED mistakes!!!

Coach Stoops is the 2nd longest tenured coach in the SEC, so for him to ACCEPT all of the things I've listed in this thread should be seen as RIDICULOUS.

Where did I say "the sky is falling"?????

I just want things that should be EASILY cleaned up, to be CLEANED UP!!! That shouldn't be too much to ask for from his entire coaching staff going into next season.
Ben, my tongue was firmly in my cheek

• Haha
Reactions: catben
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Dear Lord you surely don’t believe what you just typed.

Ben, my tongue was firmly in my cheek
you got me i give up GIF by Mike Shinoda

Reactions: crestcat
11 years of some of the worst clock management and he still won't change not going to happen but Stoops recruits good and he is all we can get at Kentucky we would be setback to the joker years if we change now my all this questioning and ooptimismget with it man

Turnovers

Dumb mistakes by players or coaches? I can take a few dumb mistakes by a 19-year old kid, but I cannot accept that kind of panicky, "never-been-here-before" coaching debacle in the last two minutes yesterday. About as bad as the Atlanta Falcons coaching during their last Super Bowl.

Reactions: law1127
Turnovers

Stoops coaches and looks like a first year Head Coach that is still wet behind the ears and has the deer in the headlights look.....after 11 years I doubt seriously Stoops is himself going to change and be a better game manager nor do I believe that he'll allow his DC full control of the defense....its Stoops who wants this conservative soft zone prevent D. It's playing not to lose, but yet you lose. If they'd play straight up aggressive D, its quite possible Clemsux doesn't pick up 16 yards on that 3rd and 18 and instead of 4th and 2, it could've been 4 and 12.....the 4 turnovers by players killed this game but the piss poor in-game coaching also killed a chance at winning this game.

• Sad
Reactions: law1127 and catben
Turnovers

Been watching it for 12 years, Insanity: Repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results

• Sad
Reactions: catben
WOW...drowning on Stoops's bs! Come up for air.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT