ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino lands another one

You're missing the point.

There are no expectations at St. John's. They haven't landed a top 50 recruit in over a decade until Pitino did it today. So, in a matter of months, Pitino has taken a program with no expectations and inserted new life into that program. They will likely not only make the tournament this year, but also have a real shot at surviving past the first weekend.

Meanwhile Calipari, who is coaching the program with the most expectations in the nation, has taken that program and led it to win single tournament win in three seasons.

Pitino will also be making 1/3 of what Calipari is making from a salary perspective.

So, let's review, @JFCats22 :

St. John's = no expectations + Pitino = excitement and a high probability of meeting those expectations.

Kentucky = high expectations + Calipari = no excitement and a very low probability of meeting those expectations.
I think you may have broken things down in such a fashion to where even the most obtuse posters can understand the vast ocean of difference between the 2 men and their 2 programs and associated expectations.

Cal Cult demands things be explained like they're 5 year olds or they will simply act as though your argument is nonsensical when clearly that is them, completely.

It's being reported that Pitino doesn't have an open scholarship for Wilcher because the roster is full. Is the kid going to walk on or will some of the St. John's boosters pay his way?

There’s nothing he can do to cement himself even top 10 best ever. He’s not him. He isn’t even the best to ever coach at UK or UL. Both have had better than him.

He has 1 championship, 27 years ago. The last time he won a championship, internet had only been out a few years, it was before cell phones and the Nintendo 64 was the hottest console out.

That’s irrelevant. The point is he’s still trying to leave a winning legacy, as opposed to fat and happy Cal who felt like his work here was done the second he hustled Mitch into that idiotic contract.

How soon you forgive. He left you. He killed a baby. He coached our most hated rival. He gave you the finger, and you still hug his nuts.
I agree with you! I'll never understand why so many people still love this piece of crap so much. He was good when he was with the Cats, but he left and he's been nothing but trash since then and craps on Kentucky and it's fans at every opportunity. He's not the same coach as he was back then. As I've said before, I am not a fan of Cal and he should have been let go from Kentucky years ago, but I would rather have him, than the walking crap that is Pitino.

That’s irrelevant. The point is he’s still trying to leave a winning legacy, as opposed to fat and happy Cal who felt like his work here was done the second he hustled Mitch into that idiotic contract.

It might be irrelevant but every thing you said is opinionated and not true.

I knew this thread would illicit a bunch of emotionally-driven personal attacks on Pitino. Some of you guys are worse than old women sitting around the quilting circle.

I encourage those of you who actually are interested in basketball to check out the roster Pitino's stitched together in a few months:

G - Jenkins (15ppg, 5 apg last season) - Wilcher (top 40 recruit) - Davis (7ppg last year)
G - Dingle (23ppg last season) - Alleyne (7th man on national title team last year)
F - Taylor (12 and 4 last season for Oregon State) - Luis (12 and 5 for UMass last year) - Dunlap
F - Slazinski (11 and 6 last season for Iona) - Ejiofor (transfer from Kansas)
C - Soriano (15ppg, 12 rpg last season).

They're going to have weapons at all five positions. Wilcher may be their 9th man in the rotation.

How soon you forgive. He left you. He killed a baby. He coached our most hated rival. He gave you the finger, and you still hug his nuts.
But when he was our coach we rubbed it in everyone’s face. Plus he left for the Pros and he wanted to win there but found out his style didn’t work in the NBA. He should have a banner in Rupp. Now he isn’t a nice person but he can coach.

Yeah, it would suck to be able to have enough players for a scrimmage.
OH, we're still doing this not enough for a scrimmage joke.

It was just as good as the first 1,017 times.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

I loved Pitino when he our coach, but he's now our enemy, and he is in fact a horrible human being.
Do you not think the man would run UK out of the building given the chance? Of course he would. The hell with him.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Some of y’all should just buy St. Johns gear and be Red Storm fans. There’s no doubt some of you have mothballed boxes of Celtics, Louisville and Iona gear in your closets.
Nah, lifelong UK fan here but I do remember fondly when Pitino was our coach.
Best thing the Celtics ever had was Larry Bird but I was a Magic and Lakers fan. Piss on Louisville and Iona was just a stopping point to pass time by for him.

Nah, lifelong UK fan here but I do remember fondly when Pitino was our coach.
Best thing the Celtics ever had was Larry Bird but I was a Magic and Lakers fan. Piss on Louisville and Iona was just a stopping point to pass time by for him.

I remember those years fondly as well, but the last one he was here was 26 years ago.

Since then, Pitino has taken shots and the university and fanbase, flipped us off in Rupp and tattooed a Louisville Cardinal on his back. Pitino is a UL coach in my eyes, as he was there twice as long as he was here. I thank him for his time here decades ago, but I certainly won’t be rooting for him.

• Love
I remember those years fondly as well, but the last one he was here was 26 years ago.

Since then, Pitino has taken shots and the university and fanbase, flipped us off in Rupp and tattooed a Louisville Cardinal on his back. Pitino is a UL coach in my eyes, as he was there twice as long as he was here. I thank him for his time here decades ago, but I certainly won’t be rooting for him.

This. Disturbing anyone would root for him.

I hope he loses every game and has another scandal occur.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT