ADVERTISEMENT

Perry, Noah, Chandler

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Who will average the most minutes as a freshman?

How many?
How many points?

I’m going with Chandler, ten minutes, 4.8 points per game average.

You seem to have responded to the wrong thread. What you posted has no relation or relevance to the question I posted.
No just making a point about keeping kids like the three incoming freshmen around for 2 or 3 years is hard in today's college basketball world. Your right I just responded to the title and didn't read your post. Sorry for the confusion.

They are all going to get a chance but I think Perry is going to be the most prepared for this level of play and have the ability to make a positive impact. I am not sold on Chandlers ball handling in traffic to me something looks off with the way he handles the ball. Travis is uber confident for a reason. He has an it factor that Reed had as well. He makes the right play and sees plays well ahead of time. He will shock you with his playmaking ability.

No just making a point about keeping kids like the three incoming freshmen around for 2 or 3 years is hard in today's college basketball world. Your right I just responded to the title and didn't read your post. Sorry for the confusion.
Kentucky boys will stay at Kentucky. Especially if they get a few minutes. Also, they’ll get enough money from endorsements as such to make them all very happy I’m sure. Kentucky boys meaning these two. Now down the road,, who knows, but these two guys were bred for this and the stars have lined up for them. My opinion of course redbird.

All 3 will contribute more than you think.
CMP knows what it means
1. KY boys doing well and knows what it means to the state
2. He has known Chandler and his family a long time. Do I need to explain the elephant in the room? Plus he is a 3 level scorer who has developed his body.

Go Cats!
freak out dancing GIF

I have no clue but Perry is a guy who will be intriguing in Pope's offense.
Yes and to be honest I would love to see a pracitce and him matched up against Krissa because to be honest I am not sure I wouldn't take Travis in that matchup. Travis has a very quick first step and gets to his spots pretty easily. He has an old school game and is much more than a shooter.

I'll play.

Chandler: 10 mins 5pts
Perry: 8 mins 4 pts
Noah: 8 mins 4 pts
In terms of reality, that’s a safe guess. This would also give the team supportive minutes and points off the bench on a deep team. So, anything along those lines means; our core is developing while contributing to a style of play we’re expecting and our bench is deep.

But man when I watch Trent I just don't see how his game doesn't translate to the next level. He reminds me a lot of Knecht from UT maybe not as athletic but dang he can stroke the ball my goodness. He doesn't look like a guy that will get pushed around either. This team is going to be something to watch.

In terms of reality, that’s a safe guess. This would also give the team supportive minutes and points off the bench on a deep team. So, anything along those lines means; our core is developing while contributing to a style of play we’re expecting and our bench is deep.
Yeah it's just a conservative guess and even if it's correct I'd be pretty happy for the reasons you mentioned. But who knows man, they could blow up and do much better. You just never really know how a player is going to do when they transition from HS to college. I can't wait to find out!

Kentucky boys will stay at Kentucky. Especially if they get a few minutes. Also, they’ll get enough money from endorsements as such to make them all very happy I’m sure. Kentucky boys meaning these two. Now down the road,, who knows, but these two guys were bred for this and the stars have lined up for them. My opinion of course redbird.
Also if they are playing any meaningful minutes i'm pretty sure Kentucky kids NIL value is much higher playing for Kentucky than for anyone else. Local businesses will be all over giving them deals which would not be the case if they were playing somewhere else.

Yeah it's just a conservative guess and even if it's correct I'd be pretty happy for the reasons you mentioned. But who knows man, they could blow up and do much better. You just never really know how a player is going to do when they transition from HS to college. I can't wait to find out!
It is conservative, and you also answered the fundamental question when evaluating players. How is this player going to transition? With HS players it’s high risk high reward, and that was the Cal system. We’ve seen it produce numerous times.

However, times have changed with the portal. So, now we have a better idea of how said player is going to produce during transition, albeit traditionally from a smaller to a larger school, though not always the case.

Now we have an expectation of what someone “should” do performance wise. The beauty is, you never know how the player will respond to a system or coach and if it will affect them positively or negatively.

Long winded, but HS players are no different, a kid can come in and absolutely dominate or slide right into a 2-4 year development role, a senior producing 18 ppg could come in and bomb too. What’s exciting is, for the first time we have the opportunity to see both and also hopefully watch a core develop and watch a coach build a team.

Not sure how many minutes they’ll play or how many points they’ll score but I’m definitely excited that CMP is cultivating the future of UKMBB that’s based on development and culture.

• Love
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Who will average the most minutes as a freshman?

How many?
How many points?

I’m going with Chandler, ten minutes, 4.8 points per game average.
I think it’s almost certain one of these guys will become an important part of the rotation, and someone who gets minutes in March. My prediction is Chandler simply because he’s two years older and has had more time to develop his body. But if the two years off require a year to get back in shape, I think Perry is second most likely, and Noah third.

Edit—forgot the points. I’ll say Chandler averages 6.5ppg, but has a handful of games where he scores 15ish.

Reactions: ukfan041
I think you are 100% wrong, for the Ky kids, part of their NIL attraction will be that they are from KY and playing for UK. NIL at any other school will be based on skill alone, but at UK it will be skill AND their huge popularity with fans because they are from here.

They will also gain employment opportunities in the state just because they wore the jersey. It was a smart move on Noah's end..

They will also gain employment opportunities in the state just because they wore the jersey. It was a smart move on Noah's end..

This is it! There is life after basketball and even life after the NBA. Noah or Perry can become bigger Ky legends than Reed, simply by staying more than a year and contributing.

I understand not passing up being a top 10 pick but it still doesn’t change this fact.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
There are only 120 minutes of available playing time, excluding the PF and C positions … 160 minutes, if only one big plays the entire game. So far, excluding Carr, Williams and Garrison, there are seven (7) players vying for minutes. If we land either Robinson or Lanier, both high-minutes veterans, the minutes become even tougher to distribute.

Summarily, I have no idea how much the trio of Freshmen will play. It will be interesting to find out, of course. GO CATS !!

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
I'll play.

Chandler: 10 mins 5pts
Perry: 8 mins 4 pts
Noah: 8 mins 4 pts
For reference and perspective, Sheppard averaged 28.9 minutes and 12.5 points per game. Wagner averaged 25.8 minutes and 9.9 points. Dillingham averaged 23.3 minutes and 15.2 points.

KY had the second highest-scoring offense in the nation last year.

Last edited:
Chandler will average 13.8 ppg in 24 minutes of action.

Mail us the trophy and skip the season if this comes true! 😃 Not saying it won’t or I wouldn’t like to see it, we would just be otherworldly good if Chandler averages 14 ppg.

At BYU last season, 10 players averaged 10 minutes a game and the 11th man averaged 9.4. Even the 12th man averaged 8 minutes a game. If you can play, Pope is going to play you.

Reactions: tomrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT