ADVERTISEMENT

Per Matt Jones: Cal is officially back

Hey Mitch!
icegif-1557.gif

I’m gonna report you for pure stupidity.
Go for it. Doesn’t change the fact that there’s only two entities than can get rid of him, and they won’t, because football is healthy and all the boosters are football focused. He’s never done anything with fans in mind.

So long as football is healthy enough to get us included when the conferences come together, basketball is on the back burner.

Cry all you want, that’s where we are.

Starting with that contract Mitch has put himself, the team, and the fans in a terrible position. Can you imagine the microscope this team will be under next season, and the pressure? Unbelievable.
Yes, and if JVC can't get have this team to come back, we're toast.

Maybe the board and president think differently than I do, but I would think Mitch actually takes on less risk firing Cal, not more.

I would at least be understanding that there isn't a homerun hire out there, that we have to roll the dice and the new hire might not crush it in year one or year two.

Now? Theres no result that could happen next year that would make me satisfied with Cal, outside of a National Championship or maybe a final four and we all know thats not happening.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I hope I’m wrong but I think by the end of next football season Stoops seat will be hotter than Kal’s is now.
As long as UK fans are perfectly happy with 6-6, which by and large they are (I am not), Stoops is safe. There are literally no real expectations put on the football program. Stoops is going to have to tank hard for his seat to get hot.

Maybe the board and president think differently than I do, but I would think Mitch actually takes on less risk firing Cal, not more.

I would at least be understanding that there isn't a homerun hire out there, that we have to roll the dice and the new hire might not crush it in year one or year two.

Now? Theres no result that could happen next year that would make me satisfied with Cal, outside of a National Championship or maybe a final four and we all know thats not happening.
Who. Is. Firing. Him?

He has no risk of being fired unless you replace the board and President.

I’ll never stop watching but I’ll be the least excited that I’ve ever been for next season.

Cal is such a damn clown and a garbage basketball coach.

I definitely won’t be here as much because of the moronic part of our fanbase that still supports him.

Enjoy the UKbb4ever, Sejonesy, Spamburger and a few others circle jerk.

Mitch Barnhart's choice to stick with Calipari seems less about faith in a turnaround and more about avoiding the financial and logistical hurdles of a buyout and finding a new coach. It's a pragmatic move, aiming for stability over the unknown, it might bite him in the butt.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
Who. Is. Firing. Him?

He has no risk of being fired unless you replace the board and President.

You're right, his job is safe. I guess I'm talking from the perspective of fan approval... which he doesn't really need as long as the money continues to roll in from the football side as you've mentioned.

Feels like our hands our tied from a basketball perspective and I'm not really sure if there is a way out.

Asst Musical chairs. You know exactly what we did last year.
If you were a top notch assistant coach would you want to tie yourself to this sinking ship? One and done won't be just for the players. We'd get some underwhelming coaches that no one else really wants.

You're right, his job is safe. I guess I'm talking from the perspective of fan approval... which he doesn't really need as long as the money continues to roll in from the football side as you've mentioned.

Feels like our hands our tied from a basketball perspective and I'm not really sure if there is a way out.
Mitch has never done one thing with the regular fan in mind. Sad but true. This is the guy who said the rich could drink booze and Norman people couldn’t because of “proximity to the field.” Were “microwave” fans.

He doesn’t, hasn’t, and never will give a damn what we think.

Joker was only fired when the seats went empty, but that’s not near the issue it would be for basketball and with the new TV contract money.

For Mitch to have to put a $9 million coach with 30 yrs experience on administrative probation to clean up what obviously is a mess of an organization is inexcusable. They both need to go.
I haven't seen it reported anywhere else about Calipari being put on "administrative probation." Could you tell me where that's being reported. I would like to read about it. Thanks.

Go for it. Doesn’t change the fact that there’s only two entities than can get rid of him, and they won’t, because football is healthy and all the boosters are football focused. He’s never done anything with fans in mind.

So long as football is healthy enough to get us included when the conferences come together, basketball is on the back burner.

Cry all you want, that’s where we are.
Cry? Who’s crying? Presumptuous aren’t you? While I think you’re an idiot, I was playing around. But if you think they won’t do anything because of football……. That proves nothing other than your ignorance really is bliss.

Mitch doesn’t give 1 shit about what you think, or what you want to happen. Accept it and move on, or remain miserable and continue to complain.

Sorry… skipped t the bottom

Cal is back.

It will be a permanent season of Festivus (for the Big Blue rest of us) until he wins in March or is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT