ADVERTISEMENT

Pacers vs Knicks (Isaiah Jackson)

ChicagoCat1990

Sophomore
Jul 5, 2016
Chicago
Watching the Knicks game and saw Isaiah Jackson playing for the Pacers. I remembered him playing for UK but for some reason can't recall a single memory of him actually playing. Was the 2020-2021 team just that bad that I've blocked that team from my memory?

He didn't do much while he was here, was just another player with a bright future playing somewhere else later.

Watching the Knicks game and saw Isaiah Jackson playing for the Pacers. I remembered him playing for UK but for some reason can't recall a single memory of him actually playing. Was the 2020-2021 team just that bad that I've blocked that team from my memory?
Yup but he was the lone bright spot. He was very good.

He was the only decent player we had that year. He played very well. One of the best defenders too.
I remember him being good on defense; don't remember much offense from him. But maybe I blacked out some things as well?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Was o
I remember him being good on defense; don't remember much offense from him. But maybe I blacked out some things as well?
He wasn't a great offensive guy at all, he just kind of stayed in the paint and got 2nd chance or post up points, I was really surprised when he got picked as high as he did because of his lack of offense but he's been getting it done in the NBA

I'm surprised that you dont remember him only because he was pretty much the best player on that team. Everyone else was forgettable though

Reactions: ukfan1622
Probably, he was good for about 12/10 a game. Mostly a post player. I don’t blame you for blocking it out. I only watched maybe 9 games that year after it was evident they were god awful.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I actually had to strain my brain to try and remember if he was a Cat or just a name I had heard in the past.
Then I remembered how bad he was on offense 5' from the basket.

Super leaper. Glad he has improved since passing through Lexington.

That team was terrible but he was solid all year. Had a good game against Kansas and was very good in the win over Tennessee. Had a ton of put back dunks and weak side blocks.

The main highlight I remember was him driving and dunking on Fulkerson at Tennessee.

Reactions: CGblue
It was kind of funny to see Jackson commit such an awful goal tending call. He was a lone bright spot for us that year, but he was very raw at times.

The Knicks have no business even being in these games. They are playing 5 guys and their 2nd best player has been out for like 3 months now.

Last edited:
Let's gooooo Knicks!

The famous people at this game rivals some of the BEST Lakers games. Everyone is there.

Last edited:
I figured Brunson was a great college player but not good enough for the NBA. I was wrong.

Nobody saw this coming haha.. and same goes for Divenchenzo and Hart being this good either. Dallas giving up on Brunson, while probably not too costly for them, might wind up being one of the biggest mistakes in recent NBA years. They had a gem in the waiting who was just stuck behind Luka.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
I figured Brunson was a great college player but not good enough for the NBA. I was wrong.
So being the NPOY and leading his team to two national championships didn’t impress you that much?

I’m pretty sure nobody thought Brunson would become the huge star that he now is, but to think he wasn’t even good enough to play in the NBA? I have no idea what you were basing that opinion on.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Dude scored 8ps and 6 boards …2 blocks was the only above average thing he did. Had about as bad low post scoring repertoire as Eloy Vargas/Bradshw combined

He then bolts for nba while doing nothing of significance for Ky in college….sounds
Very familiar

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Dude scored 8ps and 6 boards …2 blocks was the only above average thing he did. Had about as bad low post scoring repertoire as Eloy Vargas/Bradshw combined

He then bolts for nba while doing nothing of significance for Ky in college….sounds
Very familiar
Looks like he made the right decision for him. Surely people that he doesn’t even know don’t think he’s going make a decision that benefits them.

The Knicks have been really fun to follow this year. Also giving me hope for the Cats out producing what the haters think is possible for them.

Looks like he made the right decision for him. Surely people that he doesn’t even know don’t think he’s going make a decision that benefits them.
Well...you could say the same thing for Chris Livingston, Ashton Hagan, Briscoe, etc.....

I mean guys come to Ky and put up nothing much to speak of....so what was the point all along? Do you not come to college to win a bit as well as prove to be superior to your peers before moving onto pro ball.

Well...you could say the same thing for Chris Livingston, Ashton Hagan, Briscoe, etc.....

I mean guys come to Ky and put up nothing much to speak of....so what was the point all along? Do you not come to college to win a bit as well as prove to be superior to your peers before moving onto pro ball.
Easy to say when you aren’t in their shoes and see guys careers end early, often on non- Contact stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT