ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Cincinnati Redlegs

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
The worm has finally turned my fella long suffering fans.
Recess is officially over for the rest of MLB.
The Reds are 12-6 their last 18 and winners of 7 of 9 and 4 straight. Here is the truely terrifying part:
DL
Pitchers
Lodolo
Ashcraft
Law
Position Players
Votto
Fraley
Senzel
Myers

Yet Cincinnati is still rolling!

And dont forget about Encarnocion Strand mashing in L’Ville and certainly soon to be summoned.

I smell WS with 5th lowest payroll.

Reactions: true blue1
The Reds are lucky to be in one of the worst divisions in MLB or they wouldn't have a chance. I'm a Cubs fan and we stunk this year but still have a chance in that same division, that's how bad it is.

Reactions: KYExtemper
I saw a site that had their schedule as the 16th hardest as of yesterday. So yes they get the Cubs but there are fewer division games this year. They’ll have to get the starters going deeper to have any real chance.

Most of those guys on the DL are non-factors. Lodolo and maybe Ashcraft will be able to help. They're both prone to giving up homeruns. Fraley they need back. Senzel was finally starting to hit, but he lacks power. Votto needs to hang them up. He's been awful in his rehab. The guys they who have been playing of late are the ones who have brought them to within striking distance of the division lead. I'm concerned with the impact Votto is going to have when they insert him into the lineup, chemistry-wise. Will he pout if Bell doesn't start him? Will the other guys be upset because they're now being pulled in favor of a has-been who's clearly washed up?

Would like to see them make a move to get another starting pitcher and a bullpen arm.

They have everything they need to make a run in yes a weak division.

That said this team is so fun to watch win or lose

They've definitely been fun to watch. Enjoy it while it lasts.

If Reds play their cards right it should be a 4-5 year run.

Votto and Moose comes off the books after this season... they would have a lot of money to go get some win now players and go for it without trading any of the core

Votto and Moose comes off the books after this season... they would have a lot of money to go get some win now players and go for it without trading any of the core
Still have to buy both Moose & Votto out for the entire 2024 season, $11 million combined. Add in $3.6 million for the final year of Griffey's deferred salary in 2024. 2025 is the clean slate. Would much rather see Cincinnati give contract extensions to current players to keep them as career Reds with the depth throughout this organization than some free agent that will walk in 2 years like Castellanos did. If they take the approach of paying their current players and keep them, it should be a run like Tampa Bay where they can continuously plug holes from within the pipeline and stay winning at a high level. It's the best way a small market team to remain competitive without these short 2-3 year windows to compete followed by an inevitable fire sale.

Last edited:

I don't disagree. BUT, whether or not the owners use that money instead of stashing it in their mattresses remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT