ADVERTISEMENT

OT-PGA Tour

And players were still allowed to enter the golf course which is what he was attempting to do. Doubt he knew anything regarding a fatality or why a police officer was screaming and yelling at him like a maniac. These guys have police presence at every single event they go to and drive through traffic chaos like this every single weekend. Cop should absolutely be suspended for escalating the situation. What’s he trying to prove by jumping on a players car. Total bullshit!!!!
It’s called a crime scene, genius. You can’t just barge through because you might be late to a golf event.

Reactions: flacat22
Many Cops have developed this belief that they decide the laws and how they are applied. Then they love to play the victim when society disagrees.

There needs to be much higher standards and advanced training for law enforcement around the country.

Edit: evidently @flacat22 who clearly has all the correct intel as he has already established in this thread disagrees.
Never said I had all the intel as it was a fluid, evolving situation but I do absolutely disagree with you.

• Angry
Reactions: 4849515878969812...
Are those the only 2 options a person can be?

Obviously logic and critical thinking aren't required by cops, as you’ve clearly indicated.
Hit a nerve? I never said you were anything. Not getting in a pissing match with someone as uninformed and uneducated in the matter as you. Good day.

Hit a nerve? I never said you were anything. Not getting in a pissing match with someone as uninformed and uneducated in the matter as you. Good day.
Lol, what nerve? I don't think pointing out a
lack of critical thinking and logic really classifies as hitting a nerve. But, if you need to rationalize it that way...be my guest. Based on your posts in this thread thus far, I would expect no less.

Who said you claimed I was anything? I simply pointed out those were the only 2 options you portrayed people as being in regards to their beliefs on law enforcement. Again, which is why I stated you lack logic and critical thinking skills. Which, based on your alleged background as a police officer, that completely tracks!

I was going off of the very early information given this morning before I got to work. Obviously, new information has come to light. We'll see how it is handled from here on out through the appropriate legal channels and due process.
If this debacle ends up in a court of law, Scotty Scheffler will own half of the city of Louisville.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Some of you people that "nearly always back the police" really need to expose yourselves to the world more. Essentialy having blind faith in law enforcement is a bad idea.
There are bad in all professions. But it seems we don't ever have discussions with bad pizza hut mangers or fraudulent insurance agents. Nope. We become social warriors when one cop acts out of aggression. Police are much needed and don't need people to be social warriors. Scheffler is on the golf course for crying out loud.

Seems to me some common sense was lacking all around here. Cops are on a power trip. I usually back them when warranted but I’ve seen enough bad behavior to approach with caution.
This right here.
I used to back law enforcement totally until I have had a couple of experiences with this new generation of cops.

I am a 70+ year old white male with zero record, no drugs ( other than what the doctor prescribed), no alcohol, no weapons, and have been pulled over on "suspicion" and treated like a common criminal.

And this was a female state trooper. Called for backup before she ever approached my car and then tried to provoke an incident, just as two cars of backups rolled up.

Yeah. It happens. Thankfully, I have only had two experiences like that, but some cops are wired way too tight right now, but I kinda understand why, too.

There are bad in all professions. But it seems we don't ever have discussions with bad pizza hut mangers or fraudulent insurance agents. Nope. We become social warriors when one cop acts out of aggression. Police are much needed and don't need people to be social warriors. Scheffler is on the golf course for crying out loud.
Well, it may have something to do with the pizza guy and the fraudulent insurance guy lacking the power to detain, search, incarcerate and punish you, and potentially violate your constitutional rights.

I don’t know about your perspective, but in my experiences, pizza hut managers or insurance guys really haven't shown to be a major issue.

This right here.
I used to back law enforcement totally until I have had a couple of experiences with this new generation of cops.

I am a 70+ year old white male with zero record, no drugs ( other than what the doctor prescribed), no alcohol, no weapons, and have been pulled over on "suspicion" and treated like a common criminal.

And this was a female state trooper. Called for backup before she ever approached my car and then tried to provoke an incident, just as two cars of backups rolled up.

Yeah. It happens. Thankfully, I have only had two experiences like that, but some cops are wired way too tight right now, but I kinda understand why, too.
If you're not a cop, you have no idea what they encounter, and it's getting worse. They have to treat everyone that way because craziness comes in all ages, looks, sizes, and social status.

Well, it may have something to do with the pizza guy and the fraudulent insurance guy lacking the power to detain, search, incarcerate and punish you, and potentially violate your constitutional rights.

I don’t know about your perspective, but in my experiences, pizza hut managers or insurance guys really haven't shown to be a major issue.
Whatever. Why don't you join the profession and make changes instead of typing out your opinions?

Reactions: Dirt Sammich
Bad pizza hut managers can't slam you against your car, handcuff you, and ruin your life because something happened they didn't like.

Fraudulent insurance agents can only steal your money, not steal your life.

Rogue cops can be very detrimentental to your health, and could cost you your life.

Big difference.

Bad pizza hut managers can't slam you against your car, handcuff you, and ruin your life because something happened they didn't like.

Rogue cops can be very detrimentental to your health, and could cost you your life.

Big difference.
You should volunteer your time and become active. You seem to have the solution.

• Sad
Whatever. Why don't you join the profession and make changes instead of typing out your opinions?
Why do I need to be one to have an opinion? That's like telling someone they need to do drugs before they decide if they want to be an addict or not. 🤣

I am capable of realizing I wouldn't be a good cop. I would have little to zero interest in non-violent crimes. I would have 0 interest in dealing with the public. I want to make a lot more than most law enforcement officers do.

Reactions: CatsFan4Evr.
Don’t look now but Scottie is mad! As if he needed any extra motivation with the heater he’s been on.

Big difference.
If these posters really are current or former law enforcement, they aren't doing a very good job of demonstrating sound logic amongst their profession.

I'm incredibly concerned for someone that can't discern the difference in impact law enforcement and pizza hut managers/insurance salesman can have on a person's life.

If these posters really are current or former law enforcement, they aren't doing a very good job of demonstrating sound logic amongst their profession.
Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the profession. I have already said that cops are meat heads but there is very sound reason as to why, and if you would be a part of it, you would realize very quickly why.

Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the profession. I have already said that cops are meat heads but there is very sound reason as to why, and if you would be a part of it, you would realize very quickly why.
What don't I know about the profession? Do tell!

Many cops are meatheads because they feel the need to attempt to assert dominance over others to feel more secure about themselves.

I have encountered many good cops, very respectful and easy to communicate with that weren't meatheads at all. People typically respect them and do as they ask.

Most douchebag cops were already douchebag people before ever getting the badge, and they will still be douchebags long after.

Tiger has no business out there anymore. Misses the fairway off the tee, flubs it into the bunker. Skulls it out of the bunker across the green into another bunker, hits another bad bunker shot and two putts for a triple bogey.

• Love
Bwhahaha. Meth head hillbillies mad that Louisville sugar daddy not going to support them as much as normal. Louisville builds all your roads and schools. This will affect Louisville alone and the rest of the state will still siphon tax dollars from the city.
Absolutely, man! 🙃

Tiger has no business out there anymore. Misses the fairway off the tee, flubs it into the bunker. Skulls it out of the bunker across the green into another bunker, hits a bad bunkers shot and two putts for a triple bogey.
Tiger should’ve hung it up after the Masters win in 2019, could’ve really gone out on top.

Because bad pizza hut managers don't kill people or have the power to literally ruin peoples' lives by going on a power trip.

Yes, Scheffler is on the golf course because he's an incredibly famous and great golfer. If this happened to a normal person with no witnesses that person would still be in jail and would be on the fast track to having their life ruined by an asshole cop who overrated and escalated a completely benign situation. And if you think this situation doesn't happen every single day in this country to normal people you're kidding yourself.

Suspended? What a joke. Doesn't matter what kind of car he is in he is not above the law and if he disobeys the traffic pattern, then law enforcement officers investigating a FATALITY then he gets what he deserves just like everyone else should. His chipping and putting skills don't preclude him from needing to follow the laws. It was dark, there were officers in and out of the road again, investigating a fatality (which is a very lengthy process), he could've injured or killed someone else.
Thanks Alice

Some of you people that "nearly always back the police" really need to expose yourselves to the world more. Essentialy having blind faith in law enforcement is a bad idea.
Yup. I was laughing while reading the people saying they knew the cop was telling the truth. There's literally no way to make me believe a statement is false more than by saying it came from a cop.

Tiger has no business out there anymore. Misses the fairway off the tee, flubs it into the bunker. Skulls it out of the bunker across the green into another bunker, hits another bad bunker shot and two putts for a triple bogey.
Because no one on tour every makes triple bogey, right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Sad
You should volunteer your time and become active. You seem to have the solution.
Much too old.
And, don't have the patience the job requires, either.

That is why I never once wanted to be a cop.

Nice observation. What solution did I offer?

If you're not a cop, you have no idea what they encounter, and it's getting worse. They have to treat everyone that way because craziness comes in all ages, looks, sizes, and social status.
That is pure BS.

Cops can show respect just like they expect to receive respect.

Assuming that everyone is bad is what is wrong with our society today.

I hope you have turned in your badge if you think this way.

It’s called a crime scene, genius. You can’t just barge through because you might be late to a golf event.
Two golfers in front of him did the exact same thing he did and were granted admittance genius. I respect police but I only support people when there actions merit it. In this case the cop was a power tripping asshole. The city of Louisville just lost Millions of dollars because I guarantee you the PGA tour will NEVER come back there.

Major BS. There are crazy people all over the world, but cops in other countries don't treat everyone as a criminal by default. US cops are a different breed, are way too militarized, and it bleeds into how they view the general public. It's very much an "us vs. them" mentality and that's absolutely not how cops should be treating the general public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT