ADVERTISEMENT

OT-PGA Tour

I’ve said it before on this forum and I’ll say it again: the city of Louisville is an absolute joke. It has all the problems of a city 2-3 times it’s size, and yet there’s nothing you can get there that you can’t get in Lexington. I’m not a huge golf fan, so I’m LOL this morning at their ineptitude which is, pun very much intended, par for the course.

Not saying the police did anything wrong. Just saying they probably won’t be coming back.
It may turn out a Barney Fife was rigid of following rules and wanted to show the world his power over scheffler…..

But I’d wait to see how the facts play out. Of scheffler simply drove on a median illegally to get around a wreck snd could have given a ticket ….then maybe the police were fast to escalate../but I’d wait to see a few facts before making any judgement

It may turn out a Barney Fife was rigid of following rules and wanted to show the world his power over scheffler…..

But I’d wait to see how the facts play out. Of scheffler simply drove on a median illegally to get around a wreck snd could have given a ticket ….then maybe the police were fast to escalate../but I’d wait to see a few facts before making any judgement
My guess is the guy had no idea who it was but who knows.

Reactions: delk4three
My guess is the guy had no idea who it was but who knows.
He would have been in an official Valhalla players car. Don’t see much excuse for the police here. Pretty ridiculous and while most police are fine, some do have a massive power trip and I’m betting this is where this one falls. Shoving scheffler against the car and placing him in handcuffs is just absurd. Hope the officer gets suspended!!!!

From what I read.... way more complicated than what is being said with SS just slammed against the car and cuffed...

It appears there was a fatality when a bus hit a pedestrian crossing the road and SS vehicle tried to drive thru the scene when being told to stop and drug a police officer holding on to his vehicle...

Holy crap according to the story its was right out front of Valhalla too. Maybe he was just trying to stop in the entrance. This is crazy as he’s still in Custody .

From what I read.... way more complicated than what is being said with SS just slammed against the car and cuffed...

It appears there was a fatality when a bus hit a pedestrian crossing the road and SS vehicle tried to drive thru the scene when being told to stop and drug a police officer holding on to his vehicle...
To be fair the cop told him to stop and he drove 15 yards according to a reporter who witnessed it. Sounds like the cop didn’t need to grab onto his car. Idk this seems escalated for no reason especially in front of the course.

Hmm...I have a different take on this. I'm not a fan of Louisville, but you just can't do this:

"Traffic outside the golf course had been stopped after a man was struck and killed by a shuttle bus around 5 a.m. ET.

According to ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington, who witnessed the incident, Scheffler was trying to drive around the crash scene on a median. A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance."

You don't just ignore police and first responders at the scene of an accident no matter who you are.

He's in the clink as we speak. Hopefully he posts bail and gets out in time to tee off today. Hopefully the rain is a blessing in disguise and will delay the start even more. They better not make him withdraw after this.
66474935034dd.image.jpg

Hmm...I have a different take on this. I'm not a fan of Louisville, but you just can't do this:

"Traffic outside the golf course had been stopped after a man was struck and killed by a shuttle bus around 5 a.m. ET.

According to ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington, who witnessed the incident, Scheffler was trying to drive around the crash scene on a median. A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance."

You don't just ignore police and first responders at the scene of an accident no matter who you are.
I agree but he had to get to the course he could have been confused on what to do.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
What I have seen, looks like another case of a celebrity thinking rules and laws don't matter to them.

It's common sense not to go around a police roadblock and ignore an officers directions to stop
This.

It’s unfortunate but cops are just doing their jobs.

No you’re wrong. The death occurred at 5am when was the SS incident. Around 6 something. It was ass hole police nothing more.

I would like to hear all of the story on this. Doubt it happens. I can't for one believe that Scheffler was arrested on a misunderstanding? My assumption is Scheffler kept going when he was told not to. Cops are meat heads but I would like to know the full details. Probably won't get them.

He's in the clink as we speak. Hopefully he posts bail and gets out in time to tee off today. Hopefully the rain is a blessing in disguise and will delay the start even more. They better not make him withdraw after this.
66474935034dd.image.jpg
Is this real? Thought he was let go after around 20 minutes of being detained.

Unfortunate event. I’m sure Scottie was confused but you can’t do what he did and expect nothing to happen. At least ask the police what your options are and let them know who you are.

It would be a shame if something like this kept the PGA out of Kentucky. There’s not a city they can do something like this in other than Louisville. Lexington and the rest are too small and boring.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He would have been in an official Valhalla players car. Don’t see much excuse for the police here. Pretty ridiculous and while most police are fine, some do have a massive power trip and I’m betting this is where this one falls. Shoving scheffler against the car and placing him in handcuffs is just absurd. Hope the officer gets suspended!!!!
Suspended? What a joke. Doesn't matter what kind of car he is in he is not above the law and if he disobeys the traffic pattern, then law enforcement officers investigating a FATALITY then he gets what he deserves just like everyone else should. His chipping and putting skills don't preclude him from needing to follow the laws. It was dark, there were officers in and out of the road again, investigating a fatality (which is a very lengthy process), he could've injured or killed someone else.

I agree but he had to get to the course he could have been confused on what to do.
This. Reports of people that were there said Scheffler thought it was security and not police. He, and other tour players trying to get to the course, had been communicated as to where they could enter the course given the incident and ensuing traffic.

Reactions: gojvc and Fox2monk
This. Reports of people that were there said Scheffler thought it was security and not police. He, and other tour players trying to get to the course, had been communicated as to where they could enter the course given the incident and ensuing traffic.
See I don't agree. I bet they were telling him to stop and he didn't. I find it hard that it was confusion. He probably thought Ill just go because I am a player and they wont say anything.

Suspended? What a joke. Doesn't matter what kind of car he is in he is not above the law and if he disobeys the traffic pattern, then law enforcement officers investigating a FATALITY then he gets what he deserves just like everyone else should. His chipping and putting skills don't preclude him from needing to follow the laws. It was dark, there were officers in and out of the road again, investigating a fatality (which is a very lengthy process), he could've injured or killed someone else.
And players were still allowed to enter the golf course which is what he was attempting to do. Doubt he knew anything regarding a fatality or why a police officer was screaming and yelling at him like a maniac. These guys have police presence at every single event they go to and drive through traffic chaos like this every single weekend. Cop should absolutely be suspended for escalating the situation. What’s he trying to prove by jumping on a players car. Total bullshit!!!!

No he didn't. The world's #1 could have just called the tournament officials and asked them what to do and/or told them he was stuck in the accident traffic. This was just a very bad decision by Scheffler.
According to the reporter, he had instructions and was following others in the median toward the entrance. A media member standing there said Scheffler was "three cars from the entrance in the median".

See I don't agree. I bet they were telling him to stop and he didn't. I find it hard that it was confusion. He probably thought Ill just go because I am a player and they wont say anything.
I think both are correct. Scheffler was given instructions by the tour on where to enter given the traffic. It has been reported players were told where to enter and how to enter. Scheffler wasn't the only one driving where he was driving. There were two other vehicles in front of him doing the same thing. The officer (who Scheffler later told, on the scene, he didn't know was an officer) did tell Scheffler to stop. Obviously Scheffler didn't stop. But, to be fair, Scheffler thought it was security and not an officer.

And players were still allowed to enter the golf course which is what he was attempting to do. Doubt he knew anything regarding a fatality or why a police officer was screaming and yelling at him like a maniac. These guys have police presence at every single event they go to and drive through traffic chaos like this every single weekend. Cop should absolutely be suspended for escalating the situation. What’s he trying to prove by jumping on a players car. Total bullshit!!!!
Youre making a lot of assumptions here. He doesn't need to know that a fatality is being investigated by still needs to the heed the commands of a law enforcement officer. Also, how do you know he was "screaming and yelling like a maniac?" You don't. "Escalating the situation?" Again, you have no idea, you're assuming.

According to the reporter, he had instructions and was following others in the median toward the entrance. A media member standing there said Scheffler was "three cars from the entrance in the median".
If the cops tell you to stop and you don't, nothing else really matters. Especially when the safety of the first responders, etc. is at issue.

Youre making a lot of assumptions here. He doesn't need to know that a fatality is being investigated by still needs to the heed the commands of a law enforcement officer. Also, how do you know he was "screaming and yelling like a maniac?" You don't. "Escalating the situation?" Again, you have no idea, you're assuming.
The cop was wearing a yellow rain coat and therefore according to eyewitnesses didn't look like law enforcement. Also, according to a WDRB article one cop told him to go but the other told him to stop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT