ADVERTISEMENT

Osobor wants to play with carr

We'd better hope that Great Osobor "wants to play with Carr", because -- and I was just reminded of this myself today -- Osobor's last visit is with the University of Washington, whose new coach is DANNY SPRINKLE. Remember that name ? Sprinkle was Osobor's first college coach in the U.S. ... for 2 years at Montana State. Then Sprinkle took the head coaching job at Utah State, and Osobor followed Sprinkle to Utah State. Now Sprinkle has moved from Utah State to Washington, and ...

I sure wish Osobor had scheduled the Washington visit first, and us last.

So, I repeat . . . we'd better hope that Great Osobor wants to play with Andrew Carr.

But, whatever ... Go 'Cats ! ! !
Following your coach to Utah State from Montana State is reasonable. But choosing Washington over Kentucky in basketball for a kid not from Washington? That's asking for a lot of loyalty.

Following your coach to Utah State from Montana State is reasonable. But choosing Washington over Kentucky in basketball for a kid not from Washington? That's asking for a lot of loyalty.
I certainly agree ... but in an appropriate relationship, there would be no "asking" for loyalty. Only basketball coaches like Calipari would ask for loyalty in that situation. I don't know anything about Danny Sprinkle, so I wouldn't blindly accuse him of being like CCC. On the other hand, Great Osobor probably has some strong and positive feelings about Coach Sprinkle. That's the phenomenon that concerns me.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I certainly agree ... but in an appropriate relationship, there would be no "asking" for loyalty. Only basketball coaches like Calipari would ask for loyalty in that situation. I don't know anything about Danny Sprinkle, so I wouldn't blindly accuse him of being like CCC. On the other hand, Great Osobor probably has some strong and positive feelings about Coach Sprinkle. That's the phenomenon that concerns me.
Sure, makes sense.

Yeah, I am concerned as to why he didn't go ahead and commit if we knew he was going to give us that commitment and be apart of this team. I hope he decides to come and we hear from him as early as tomorrow, but the longer it holds out the more concerning it is. I hope the other kid visiting today will go ahead and commit while he is here as well.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Osobor is a “Great” player, but if he wants to be here, he will commit. If he doesn’t, I am ELATED that a former McDonalds All-American that has 3 years of eligibility will be here next season!!

Coach Pope is giving these kids every opportunity to put UK as there top choice, if we aren’t, just move out of the way. We are going forward with you or without you.

The name on the FRONT of the jersey is the most important thing now!!!

Why? That was his plan for the past week. He was a huge UK lean. Might still be depending on how he feels about Garrison.
Was the "huge UK lean" coming from him, his camp or the media? Sometimes players will do and say the polite thing as a thanks for the mini-vacation, and then they're off to the next spot.

Carr, Osobor, and Willliams. Come a long way in a short amount of time from fans stressing about Khalifa possibly being our only front court centerpiece. Lol
He wanted to play with Carr and Williams but now we are out. Makes no sense. Now Williams is being shopped around again? I’m thinking his agent may be a douche bag.

Reactions: K86
He wanted to play with Carr and Williams but now we are out. Makes no sense. Now Williams is being shopped around again? I’m thinking his agent may be a douche bag.

I have no clue honestly. The addition of Garrison may have rubbed I him the wrong way. Maybe UK is in talks with another big? Who knows if these rumors are even true.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If he really wanted wanted to play with Carr, couldn't he just commit, and save the suspense? I don't think he wants to play with Andrew that badly.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Dave's review of the last couple pies have been trash .. 7.6 for a pizza he called soupy and 8.3 for this bar pie .. ah no . Cmon Dave , keep your standards up
Cracked me up that he said he doesn't "give a ****" about Osobor (has no clue who he is). Agree on the soupy pizza. The bar pie does look good though. He always raves about that and New Haven style. I've never had either and would love to try both! Absolutely love pizza.

Well, he is being honest. Maybe all fan bases should quit screaming how wonderful these guys are. If they are reading these fan sites they are all sold they are the 2nd coming of Jordan, Bird, Magic and Jabar all in one.

If that figure is truly fact, first I’ll be curious who ends up paying it and second seeing how his season progresses to see if said team even remotely gets its money worth…. If these guys that are demanding big bucks don’t pan out this upcoming year it will for a fact dramatically impact the future “lesser known players” in the future. Big time in my humble opinion.

Trilly is never wrong! You can take this to the bank.
I think initially that was the info people were getting. I’m thinking the Garrison commit out of nowhere changed his mind, maybe we didn’t wanna pay him 1.5 million dollars. I don’t think he’s worth that kinda cheddar when Dickinson supposedly got a million a year from Kansas. That’s a top level starter that was a known quantity in Major conference basketball too.

If that figure is truly fact, first I’ll be curious who ends up paying it and second seeing how his season progresses to see if said team even remotely gets its money worth…. If these guys that are demanding big bucks don’t pan out this upcoming year it will for a fact dramatically impact the future “lesser known players” in the future. Big time in my humble opinion.
I agree, the portal is filled with a lot of small college guys moving their way up. Some demanding a lot of cash. We shall see.

No way to get 1.5 if you don’t ask for 1.5. Can’t blame him for asking.

Ideally we negotiate his ask way down and sign him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT