ADVERTISEMENT

Osboro updates

I continue to chuckle to myself as everyone on this board looks at Travis Perry as an end-of-the-bench guy. I'd be willing to bet that in the last half of the season Perry is getting 15-20 minutes a game. Just MHO, of course. :cool:
Go 'Cats ! ! !

\
Pope played 8 guys 19+ mpg, and 12 guys 8+ mpg. But only 9 guys in either B12 tourney game and 8 guys against Duquesne. I have no doubt Perry will get a shot in the regular season, and then whoever earns it will get to play when it matters.

You underrate Tang.
USATSI_20338129-1024x683.jpg

I continue to chuckle to myself as everyone on this board looks at Travis Perry as an end-of-the-bench guy. I'd be willing to bet that in the last half of the season Perry is getting 15-20 minutes a game. Just MHO, of course. :cool:
Go 'Cats ! ! !

Who is saying Perry is a cigar guy ? I know I didn't say it and don't remember even reading that here. Sounds like your making something up to white knight.

Likely Perry is a 10 to 15 min player this year and a starter in later years.

Butler
Perry
Chandler
Oweh
Carr
Williams

A top 35 recruit; a fan favorite Kentucky boy; two all-conference defenders; a guy who averaged 14 and 7 at a school that won over 20 games; and a defensive wing dynamo who can also shoot threes.

What a beautiful start.

We're also sitting favorably with Osobor and we're likely in the driver's seat for Robinson, Boyed, and Mahaney.

Be hard to imagine any recruit saying no to KY if you drove them down Rose Street on a warm sunny day. 😁

That team had winning in the blood. This team will be a hodgepodge of guys from all over the place.
Let me also point out two very important similarities between the 1998 National Champs and Coach Pope's team in 2024-25 (whoever is on the team) -- (1) The 1998 team was basically "Pitino's team" that Tubby inherited when Pitino went to the NBA. (2) I'm highly confident that Coach Pope's first U.K. team will also be highly influenced by what Coach Pope learned about basketball from Pitino.
Even given "a hodgepodge of guys from all over the place" ... I think Coach Pope has winning at U.K. in his blood ! ! !
Go 'Cats ! ! !

• Love
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT