ADVERTISEMENT

Onyenso

And, if not Big Z, maybe just go back to starting Mitchell at center like we did in the first part of the season.

That worked a hell of a lot better than starting one of the 7 footers has.

Love it. Use Bradshaw and Onyenso only to give Mitchell breathers right around the TV timeouts.

Reactions: bIhawk
All our bigs blow. Z is ok but Mis-used and foul prone. I say roll with Mitchel at the 5 with adou at the 4. Play small ball and let er rip.
Yep, I think that's our only prayer. Mitchell at the 5 when he's 100% and give him good minutes but give him breathers to keep him fresh enough. Our bigs can back him up. And roll with 3 guards paired with him. But, I'm about done trying to figure this team out.

Agreed. But Onyenso's the worst of the bunch and of course playing the most minutes. He's straight up just not good enough to play at this school.

I don't know. I think he can still get there. The problem is, at this school, we can't really wait for a single scholarship player to take 4 years to grow to make an impact. He's very inexperienced.

Never seen a benchwarmer get more equity out of one game than Onyenso is getting out of the Florida game. Just play Big Z going forward, at least he has some skills to work with.

Onyenso is soft and unskilled. Terrible combination in this league.
When everyone was yelling ugo to play, I said he wasn't good enough and was criticized. He has had 1 decent game. He needs to play last. Even Burks is better

All our bigs blow. Z is ok but Mis-used and foul prone. I say roll with Mitchel at the 5 with adou at the 4. Play small ball and let er rip.
Z is also horrible on defense 3/4 of the time. Yes, 1/4 he will make a block or at least a good challenge of a shot. But way to often he loses his guy, is guarding the wrong guy, or just way out of position, or fouls, giving up points. But he can only improve, so I'm ok playing him more and hoping he learns quick.

Never seen a benchwarmer get more equity out of one game than Onyenso is getting out of the Florida game. Just play Big Z going forward, at least he has some skills to work with.

Z is much worse on D than Ugo

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Our 3 bigs had 7 rebounds.
EDWARDS, THEIRO and SHEPPARD all had 5 each.

Their four (4) bigs scored 66 points/20 rebounds
Our three (3) managed 12 points/7 rebounds.
Yeah....this is about the problem. Since the bigs have been back...we're worse. Their size provides not much defense we'd thought they'd provide. Nor rebounding. But the floor spacing is worse and offense attacking is down as well.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Big Z fouls to much and Bradshaw well enough said

I don't like Z on Defense but I believe his skill set compliments our strengths.

I agree with this post. The only way to maximize our season

Reactions: RunninRichie
Z is also horrible on defense 3/4 of the time. Yes, 1/4 he will make a block or at least a good challenge of a shot. But way to often he loses his guy, is guarding the wrong guy, or just way out of position, or fouls, giving up points. But he can only improve, so I'm ok playing him more and hoping he learns quick.
He's bad but no worse than our other two seven footers. Each need help inside since each gets abused one on one.

His game comes across as immature …

It’s completely dumbfounding at this point, we have three 7 footers and get abused inside every game. Bradshaw gets somewhat of a pass as he is yet to fill out, but Ugo and Ivisic are huge college players.
When Ike went out, our front court made that Harry Styles guy look like Shaq.

And I’ve never seen a bench warmer get more equity from some fans on here after the fluke game against Georgia that Z had. Z is softer than Charmin. May be a little more skilled offensively, but he is so weak and terrible on defense. Z isn’t the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT