ADVERTISEMENT

Onyenso was a -23 tonight in 12 minutes

Who did you want to play his 12 minutes? Big Z was winded as he'll, he couldn't play more than he did.
Z honestly probably got too much time down the stretch. There were times where he looked like he could barely make it back up the court on offense. People complain all day long about lineups and who plays how many minutes but everyone forgets these players are people who need rest from time to time.

Reactions: megablue
I really like Thiero but come on man. The guy need to learn to go to the rim. And get him some new shoes. He can't stand up for anything. Scares me to death with he dribbles.

Z honestly probably got too much time down the stretch. There were times where he looked like he could barely make it back up the court on offense. People complain all day long about lineups and who plays how many minutes but everyone forgets these players are people who need rest from time to time.
For sure. From the 6:30 mark down to the TV timeout around 4:40 he was a liability. Didn't even go for rebounds and hands on his knees on defense. He was absolutely gassed. I was proud of him tonight though, his defense was drastically improved and that was with MSU playing dirty and getting away with it.

Ugo was not good tonight but let’s not act like his las good game was A month and a half ago. He had 10 blocks against Ole Miss two weeks ago.
His last good game? He’s only had three or four “good” (being generous) games.

He has grabbed more than six rebounds exactly 3 times. He has scored three or less points 10 times.

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
I really like Thiero but come on man. The guy need to learn to go to the rim. And get him some new shoes. He can't stand up for anything. Scares me to death with he dribbles.
What the hell does Adou have to do with this thread? And his handles are one of the reasons why he’s a first round draft pick next year. Could they improve? Sure. Was he a guard coming out of high school? Yes, yes he was.

For sure. From the 6:30 mark down to the TV timeout around 4:40 he was a liability. Didn't even go for rebounds and hands on his knees on defense. He was absolutely gassed. I was proud of him tonight though, his defense was drastically improved and that was with MSU playing dirty and getting away with it.
Dude can play. No doubt. We need Tre back to help with fouls and giving dudes a breather.

I think Cal was probably waiting for a media timeout but it just never came. I think the under 8 wasn't until like 4:50 or something. It worked out okay in the end, but I think Cal probably should have called a timeout to get Dillingham back in and take Z out instead of waiting until the media timeout.

You’re right. Maybe he will transfer. That will show us.
Well, I actually predict Somto to be a straight beast
..I don't understand how he is not a 5 star. He is more physical than any big we have now... but he can't shoot jumpers so as a modern big makes him a 4 star. If ugo transfers I'm not too worried... but I'd love to have him back to see how much better he could be. He has some awkwardness about him though so not sure how much a ceiling Ugo has. BIG z on the other hand I would draft right now...even if it meant two years g league, he will developed and be nba contributor no doubt when he matures.

Reactions: bbncal02
I agree. Ugo wasn't very good in this game at all. I kept wondering why Cal was bringing him in for defense at the end. I thought Ivisic was better on that end also. Ugo has bad hands, is a poor passer, is slow laterally, can't handle the ball, and can't shoot the ball outside the paint. Those 10 blocks were amazing back in that Ole Miss game, but he hasn't been nearly as good since.

Yes he did. Because he was looking at not getting any minutes. Can’t blame him.

I just get tired of randomly shitting on dudes who have been parts of winning games for us when they have an off game.
Oh I get that. But I can’t say he does a whole lot. If he’s not blocking shots he does very little else.

Reactions: bbncal02
I agree. Ugo wasn't very good in this game at all. I kept wondering why Cal was bringing him in for defense at the end. I thought Ivisic was better on that end also. Ugo has bad hands, is a poor passer, is slow laterally, can't handle the ball, and can't shoot the ball outside the paint. Those 10 blocks were amazing back in that Ole Miss game, but he hasn't been nearly as good since.

Cal goes to the well way too often. Just go with what's working my dude. Good Lord.

To be fair, wasn't him being subbed in just for defense at the end somewhat of a factor in it being so bad? That dude nailed a 3 and he comes out. Dude nailed another 3 and he comes out. Dude nailed another 3 again and he comes out. If he isn't on the floor for offensive possessions, does that automatically give him a -9 for the last minute of the game? Doesn't help with the rest of the game though.

Well, I actually predict Somto to be a straight beast
..I don't understand how he is not a 5 star. He is more physical than any big we have now... but he can't shoot jumpers so as a modern big makes him a 4 star. If ugo transfers I'm not too worried... but I'd love to have him back to see how much better he could be. He has some awkwardness about him though so not sure how much a ceiling Ugo has. BIG z on the other hand I would draft right now...even if it meant two years g league, he will developed and be nba contributor no doubt when he matures.
I’ve been reading some “not so great “ things on Somto . Seems he’s more of a project than I initially thought. Supposedly is very limited moving his feet horizontally and devoid of quickness.

Reactions: Fox2monk
To be fair, wasn't him being subbed in just for defense at the end somewhat of a factor in it being so bad? That dude nailed a 3 and he comes out. Dude nailed another 3 and he comes out. Dude nailed another 3 again and he comes out. If he isn't on the floor for offensive possessions, does that automatically give him a -9 for the last minute of the game? Doesn't help with the rest of the game though.
Yeah, that’s actually a very fair and rational point. so prior to the end of the game he was at -14 or so.

Good point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT