ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma guy visiting

Also, can't use the "Cal didn't coach defense, blah, blah, blah" excuse for the team last year having only scorers and no defenders. BYU was the EXACT same. They could put up points, but they couldn't stop anybody. I do NOT want to see another BYU or UK team from last year. With MOST of the posters on here's preference in types of players they want to come, that is EXACTLY the type of team we will have. We do have to have scorers, BUT we also have to have toughness and physical players who can defend and rebound. If you can't get stops or rebound misses, it doesn't matter how many scorers you have, you will not go far.
I’ve watched a ton of BYU games recently and they absolutely played good defense. They lost when they shot poorly.

Mahaney, Oweh this weekend.

Carr by next week.

Osobor and Hawkins by next Friday.

Robinson by the 11th of May.

If it all came together, how do you like that roster?

He's a pass for me, but Pope is the HC so whatever he says I guess.

2023-2024 Big 12 conference

8.9 FGA scored 8.2pts.....shot 36.8% from the field and 20.6% from 3. 64% from the FT line. If he's willing to come off the bench then sure, maybe. If not, no way.

Not everyone has entered the portal and we’ve got to have a bench. This is a bench player. Some of the early entrees fleeced the hell out of
Some of these programs. You cannot allow it because of future recruiting. This is a new era of recruiting I just don’t understand how some don’t get that. I’m still expecting a top 3 SEC roster and top 10 team nationally. There’s no way for UK to be outbid if they don’t want to be, it’s a top NIL program in the scene with a brand others don’t have. It’s a perfect combo but I also understand what a few have explained that behind the scenes it has to sort out.

Again, we need more players than a guy like Calipari needs. You cannot run Popes system without fresh legs nobody is playing 35 minutes per game. We have to have good players from the bench unlike other programs (like wherever cal is) who can trot out 6 man deep rosters and play rock fight for half the game. We have to spread this out a little bit more.

Pope is also going after pieces vs. outright quality. Calipari threw darts to a top 25 list that day is over. It’ll take some getting used to. Pope has also been recruiting for a few weeks and NIL stuff has to situate itself. Players know UK can pay and they’re demanding way too much. Over time the agent stuff will calm.

This is a BENCH player and a damn good one. And it’s year 1 in a new era. As bad as it sucks pope is not an established name in recruiting. Someone like Calipari is simply using “go to the NBA” in his machine like system and it won’t work anyway. We already know it for a fact. That’s not a team it’s a bunch of individuals who only care about themselves. Read about our last pickup, his concern is winning. I know why pope grabbed him.

Last edited:
Mahaney, Oweh this weekend.

Carr by next week.

Osobor and Hawkins by next Friday.

Robinson by the 11th of May.

If it all came together, how do you like that roster?
Osobar and Carr are two of my favorites in the portal, and I would be happy with Oweh and Mahaney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT