ADVERTISEMENT

Official UK vs Miss State Game Thread

Final from Starkvegas.

Cats- 24
Dogs- 3

Cats did ok. Offense was not existant in the second half. Leary may be hurt. Defense did ok, but as Stoops said it wasn't pretty. Leary has something in his eye? Stoops quote.

Stoops gets his 1st and maybe last west division win (as divisions are going away).

Hope Leary is ok. Otherwise we're in a world of hurt.

Game Comparison
STATUKMSU
Total Yds271218
Pass Yds161145
Rush Yds11073
Penalties6-459-68
1st Downs1315
3rd Downs4-126-17
4th Downs0-11-3
Total Plays5466
Avg Yds/Play53.3
Avg Yds/Completion10.78.5
Avg Yds/Rush3.82.4
Sack-Adj Rush Yd(Avg)115 (4.1)116 (4.5)
Red Zone3-31-2
Time of Poss30:3829:22
Turnovers (Def Pts Off)0 (0)1 (7)
Fumbles-Lost0-00-0
Sacks (Def Yds)5 (43)1 (5)
TFL (Def Yds)8 (51)7 (23)

Kentucky Passing
#PLAYERC-AYDSTDIC%RTG
13LEARY,D13-221562059148.7
12SHERON,K2-35006780.7
PASS TOTALS15-251612060

Kentucky Rushing
#PLAYERATTYDSTDLNGAVG
1DAVIS,R21800143.8
7BROWN,B12202222
26JEFFERSON,R56061.2
13LEARY,D22071
4 RUSHERS291100223.8

Kentucky Receiving
#PLAYERNOYDSTDLNGTGTYACDR
9ROBINSON,T5910376160
6KEY,D4361136130
7BROWN,B4240169220
1DAVIS,R1606160
0SUMO-KARNGBAYE,D1414100
5 RECEIVERS1516123725570

Lol. UT got more yds last week on us that BOTH teams combined today. What a snoozer.

Glad for the W.

Reactions: entropy13
Sc blows. We win that with Leary.
That clown Beamer will have a 3 ring circus at midfield to win that game.

He will pull out every trick play he has in his playbook and we will not be prepared. Rattler will be in full blown Tom Brady mode against our DBS

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
That clown Beamer will have a 3 ring circus at midfield to win that game.

He will pull out every trick play he has in his playbook and we will not be prepared. Rattler will be in full blown Tom Brady mode against our DBS
That game is not a gimmie regardless of how USCjr sucks. It's a road game in the SEC and USCjr is better than MST.

Man, we just beat up on a metaphorical toddler after a 3 loss streak. And we face a giant next week. Glad for the win. But it's hard to get really excited at the moment.
I can understand that. For me though, the last time we beat Miss State at their place I wasn’t legally allowed to drive yet. I’m pretty happy with the result even despite it being a somewhat boring game.

Just hope Leary is okay. His demeanor on the sideline was pretty relaxed, so that’s encouraging at least.

From where? It’s just people hoping Leary is good, and upset about a couple of calls UK got jobbed on
Seen quite a bit of complaining about Stoops. I don’t block anyone even the most miserable so maybe that’s on me.

But regardless, I’m happy with tonight’s win. First win in Starkville of my adult life. Didn’t even have a learner’s permit the last time that happened.

I do hope Leary is okay. His demeanor was pretty relaxed at the end which is encouraging to say the least.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Seen quite a bit of complaining about Stoops. I don’t block anyone even the most miserable so maybe that’s on me.

But regardless, I’m happy with tonight’s win. First win in Starkville of my adult life. Didn’t even have a learner’s permit the last time that happened.

I do hope Leary is okay. His demeanor was pretty relaxed at the end which is encouraging to say the least.
Fair, the only complaint I have form stoops is the stall ball, play not to lose stuff he does in games, but tonight they got the win which is all that matters. Leary seemed okay, I though he has a concussion his head bounced of the field on that pass play to brown that was almost a Td

Well, why does the head coach think that’s OK? He’s not getting drafted kicking the way it’s going.

That's a very good question as well. Might wanna ask Stoops because I sure as hell don't have the answer for you on that.
I'd say since Coach Boulware has done this a while and had some great units in the past he knows what he's doing lol. Berry's stats for the year aren't great but they aren't terrible

Great win regardless of naysayers. Held an SEC team to 0 touchdowns on there field. Finally won on road in SEC West.3-3 in conference. Broke 3 game losing streak. Doubt we beat Bama but USC game should be a W. I watched them and they are awful. Should be 7-4 when we play UL

I'd say since Coach Boulware has done this a while and had some great units in the past he knows what he's doing lol. Berry's stats for the year aren't great but they aren't terrible
Answer me why you would make a kicker play completely against the way he was taught when other major universities allow their kickers to use the Aussie style that our guy is good at? It's like when Cal makes a dude play his back to the basket when 1) that's out of date offense/defense and 2) they aren't made of that game!

Good win. Cats haven't had luck in Starksville. I'll take it. Hopefully Leary isn't badly injured.
Still a shot at 8 wins, although a long one.

Just saying. We've got to produce more consistently on both sides of the ball to be competitive in this league.
We are 3-3 in the league, that is competative. Its not contending for a title but this team was NEVER doing that anyway. Looks like we will go 4-4. Thats not great but Ive seen a hell of alot worse

This team is who it is this year. You could tell we didnt have the horses to beat the big boys from week one. What are we supposed to do as Fans quit watching as soon as we are out of title contention. If true we wouldnt have watched many games over the years. We have won 6,have a very good chance at 7 possibly 8 wins this year. In thruth EVERY game we have lost this year has been to a ranked better team. We havent moved up but we havent Slipped back yet either.

Well I ended up falling asleep. Looks like I didn't miss much. Boring football as it usually is with Stoops. The Bama/LSU game looked way more interesting from the highlights. At least we got bowl eligible. We will see who actually plays in it.

Answer me why you would make a kicker play completely against the way he was taught when other major universities allow their kickers to use the Aussie style that our guy is good at? It's like when Cal makes a dude play his back to the basket when 1) that's out of date offense/defense and 2) they aren't made of that game!
That's why you need to quit posting about football lol. You can only use basketball references lol. As usual you don't know what you're talking about. You were hoping he was Max Duffy and he's not. His brother played in the NFL for several years punting. And Jordan Berry was a really good punting pro style. Do you really think he can't punt that way? Do you think this is new to him lol. Do you know why we would want to punt the traditional way? You don't, so I'll answer for you. Hangtime and distance traveled in the air. Allows your coverage team to get there . Your welcome

I like ugly wins. They don't build hope for the future but stem the negatively for a bit.

That's why you need to quit posting about football lol. You can only use basketball references lol. As usual you don't know what you're talking about. You were hoping he was Max Duffy and he's not. His brother played in the NFL for several years punting. And Jordan Berry was a really good punting pro style. Do you really think he can't punt that way? Do you think this is new to him lol. Do you know why we would want to punt the traditional way? You don't, so I'll answer for you. Hangtime and distance traveled in the air. Allows your coverage team to get there . Your welcome
Oh joy another football only fan telling me how to mind my business and go back to basketball.

Well smartass if the traditional way isn’t working for him. WHY CONTINUE TO DO IT. That literally the definition of insanity. . I can comprehended hangtime and distance. Guess what we’re not getting right now? Hmm?

Now, do me a favor and put me on ignore. Ill gladly return the favor.

Reactions: track42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT