ADVERTISEMENT

official offers.

hmt5000

All-American
Aug 29, 2009
saw on ksr that drake and kash had received their official offers and was wondering if anyone has seen if all our guys got one today? just ask cause it seems like last year 2 guys didn't get the official offer if i remember right. just wondering if all these guys are on the bus as of today.

I started a thread on this topic a few days but it didn't get any traction. Oh well. I do remember last year that Luke Heirs didn't get a written offer and de-committed soon thereafter.

I hope all our commits get a written offer but if any of them don't, I will respect the staff's judgment on that.

so lets get aime, henderson, and the yet unnamed 4* late commit on board soon so we can tie a bow on this thing.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Most programs have a lot more offers out than they have spaces, if they only had 25 out there they could never survive, probably a lot of ifs, ands, and buts involved, but if a prospect thinks he has a valid offer AND accepts it then I think it is wrong to recruit over him------but a lot of schools do. And if he thinks he has a valid offer and tries to commit and can't then that should tell him what he needs to know.

None of these offers are "committable"...
the written official offer is the committable offer. they can sign with another school but it binds the school to the kid. so if a kid doesn't receive the written offer then you know either he was lying or we are waiting on him to qualify.

Reactions: kentucky3613
Folks keep bringing up Aime but I just don't see that happening. Would be a redundancy that we just don't have room for in this class.

agreed, I feel like most everyone else that DE is the last real need. Henderson would do nicely

agreed, I feel like most everyone else that DE is the last real need. Henderson would do nicely

I do need to ask, when you reference DE, are you talking about a Jabari Johnson, Jason Hatcher DE or a Farrington Huguenin, Adrian Middleton DE? As I see it we are looking to fill the standup DE/Jack LB (ie. Johnson, Bell) or the Sam LB (a similar but more athletic version of the Jack) or a Will LB along with a DB like Carlos Becker with the last two spots.

I had to ask as you reference Henderson who would fit one or two of the positions I mentioned but IMO wouldn't be a hand in the dirt DE like Huguenin, Middleton and I believe Miggins to be.

I do need to ask, when you reference DE, are you talking about a Jabari Johnson, Jason Hatcher DE or a Farrington Huguenin, Adrian Middleton DE? As I see it we are looking to fill the standup DE/Jack LB (ie. Johnson, Bell) or the Sam LB (a similar but more athletic version of the Jack) or a Will LB along with a DB like Carlos Becker with the last two spots.

I had to ask as you reference Henderson who would fit one or two of the positions I mentioned but IMO wouldn't be a hand in the dirt DE like Huguenin, Middleton and I believe Miggins to be.
So you think we would take Becker and he's not just a backup plan if we lose a dB to a flip?

I don't think Becker is a backup at all. In fact I think we have to beat out FSU for him.

Yes I do, and no I, in no way, shape or form, think he's a backup plan.

RV2, do you think UK'll likely only take 2 more in this class? If so, do you think it'll be a combination of DE, DB, and LB? I was actually thinking DE Henderson and LB Watson. What's your opinion? TIA.

I do love Beckers size and athleticism so good to hear we are still an option. I figured with last year class and this years. ..I thought we were full at db. I think he could also grow into an OLB so that is another bonus with him

I like aime because of his size and athleticism he can play all 3 down positions. He'd be a dt or de but he could play nose on obvious passing downs or against smaller quicker OL.

RV2, do you think UK'll likely only take 2 more in this class? If so, do you think it'll be a combination of DE, DB, and LB? I was actually thinking DE Henderson and LB Watson. What's your opinion? TIA.

Good call on Watson. He's one of the guys I've thought we had targeted for the Sam position but wasn't sure that was a spot they would fill as I wasn't sure where they projected Walder. Now I'm pretty sure they think Walder is a future Will.

As for an actual hand in the dirt DE, no I don't think we will take one. Will we pass on Henderson? I get the feeling we might due to his 'baggage' which is not terrible but I just get the sense this staff steers away from the drama. I do believe Becker is a definite take but now that we have filled the final LB spot, we could just go BPA.

You don't think Aime could play DE?

He probably could but with Miggins becoming a sure thing and Looney on board (he could also play DE as well as DT) and the recent loss of Provitt (who was slated for NT) - all these things made DE less of a priority and NT a much greater need. The addition of Kobe Smith was huge as we now have two guys (Smith and Cross) that could compete to be our third Nose next fall while the other red shirts.

ADVERTISEMENT