ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we’ve added Dirk Nowitzki to the roster…

The comps are Dirk, and I see a lot of Porzingis too. And that last one might not make people turn their heads, but The Unicorn's career mostly got derailed due to injuries and being stuck on a crappy Knicks team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Tre Mitchell is the glue guy - he’ll get valuable minutes…love the energy that Z brings. After watching UT today, having Z on the floor gives the Cats another dimension, especially on defense…Go Cats!

As Vitale would say, " He's a PTPer", a Prime Time Player.

Let him drain a 3 like that, open, with seconds to go to win a game.

Porzingis is back, he’s crushing with the Celtics now.

For sure, he had a nice bounceback with Dallas, and then another nicer bounce back with Boston. But, i wonder if those injuries have held back his potential. I think he'll be a good 3rd or maybe even a 2nd option for teams.. but his trajectory could have been THE option for a team.

Here's a hypothetical I've been thinking about the last 20 mins. If we go on a tear with Big Z in the lineup and look much more dominant in the last half of the season, does the selection committee take the early season losses without Z in the lineup into consideration? Or nah?

Here's a hypothetical I've been thinking about the last 20 mins. If we go on a tear with Big Z in the lineup and look much more dominant in the last half of the season, does the selection committee take the early season losses without Z in the lineup into consideration? Or nah?
For us? Probably not. However, we only have 3 losses today. If we REALLY go on a tear it won’t matter.

The eye test is off the charts with this team. Regardless of what metrics say I can't imagine we aren't a top 3 team in the nation. Number 1 in my opinions as we have so many offensive threats, regardless of defensive liability I just don't see anyone with a higher ceiling or better chance to cut down the nets. I've been saying that for a while but adding Z ramped it up another notch.

You will see him listed as a lottery pick in mock drafts within a week or so.

And I don’t know that anyone on this board expected this. It must be evident day in and day out at practice and somehow we didn’t know.

Big Z gonna be snagging some minutes from the rotation for sure.
He’s light years ahead of Bradshaw and Ugonna. There’s already chatter of him being the second best center in this weak draft. But he’ll probably never start for UK. Not complaining about that - but it will be a historic moment when three bench players on a given team are all lottery picks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT