ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I've had a few shasta's

The 1973-1974 team went 13-13. 4 of their players would start 1974-1975.
The 1966-1967 team went 13-13. They returned 3 players from the great Rupp's Runts.

I want to know how people predict the future. It seems like a very useful skill.

what are in those shasta's?
Just want to say we're not as good as we think. Prepare for five losses. It's all about defense and rebuilding. If we escape out of Florida I will be surprised. Yes we have great players but there are deficiencies and you know as well as I do what they are
You need to switch to Faygo! We are never losing again! 😂👊

Your not wrong. We have a high ceiling and a lower floor than we think for any given game.

We don't need to be a defensive Juggernaut or anything, just a lot better than we are now. Team defense is something you can improve on, question is will we.

Reactions: Mike-D
Actually, Houston is in the Big 12 now. They've got some tough games .....

kansas twice.
texas twice
both home and away

@ Oklahoma
@ baylor
@ BYU

etc.

we'll see how good they are. too tough of a schedule to coast, that's for sure.

New look Big 12 is very interesting this year.
News to me - thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Mike-D
Just want to say we're not as good as we think. Prepare for five losses. It's all about defense and rebuilding. If we escape out of Florida I will be surprised. Yes we have great players but there are deficiencies and you know as well as I do what they are
Isn"t a Shasta a soft drink?

Cal did say after the game that rebounding will be their focus this week in practice. Maybe that well help that part some.

if we lose 5 sec games with this squad, then Cal will never have us a UK type season again. you cant get better Cal talent on a team . if he cant have an elite season with this squad , he wont have another one period.

I saw Florida lose to Wake Forest.
No chance we lose UNLESS the Gators shoot 30+ free throws.

Your not wrong. We have a high ceiling and a lower floor than we think for any given game.

We don't need to be a defensive Juggernaut or anything, just a lot better than we are now. Team defense is something you can improve on, question is will we.

We get lost on defense wayyyy too much. Good thing is we should be able to vastly improve.

Dave, lay off those Shastas…😆

AlohaCat

13-5 is not bad against the schedule we’re facing. Gonzaga is not very good this year, gotta take care of that one. 14-5 to finish the regular season is acceptable, the expected result. It won’t have us in the hunt for a 1 seed, but could/should be enough for a 2 though.

The thing is, we have the star power to turn 2-3 of those would be losses into wins as this team seems to have the close out capability, but remains to be seen if that will translate to SEC road games. Pull that off and go 17-2 or 16-3 to close it out and that’s a 1 seed resume. 17-2 from here might be a number 1 overall resume depending on how things shake out.

The SEC is tough again this year, but I think it’s slightly down from the last 2 years. We likely have 3-4 players who will be drafted before anyone else in the SEC is drafted. This team has a chance to assert their will through superior talent and dominate the conference. That’s what a Championship level team would do.
How many will be drafted on performance rather than potential

Well, we now have 5 conference losses and 8 overall. I'm thinking the old man might still be smarter than the ones that called him stupid. And I'm speaking as another old man who has definitely lost a few IQ points from 40 years ago. Lucky for me I never used all I had before anyway.

Be sure to drink some water before you drive.

I’m not big on digging up old threads but some people looking stupid in this thread drinking the blue koolaid and putting faith in cowl to coach up the team.

Reactions: UKMKG and catzcan
Anybody still buying Cal’s bullsh*t is a fool. Lots of those in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT