ADVERTISEMENT

Not Ranked At All

Have we ever had this much transferring before a preseason poll? I didn't think so.

Pope could experience in a few weeks what Calipari, BCG, and Tubby experienced when it comes to not completing a recruiting class with a critical piece.

If we fail to land two more studs, BBN is going to go into next season seeing it as a stop gap season to buy some time until he can get this thing really going.

At present, we're going to struggle to score if we don't add some pieces.
You're clueless.

Pope came on too late to have any sort of recruiting class.

This isn't going to be like Cal. Pope will get lesser rated players that end up saying multiple years.

Which can indeed work out fine. But you have to give him at least three years IMO for this to see where we are heading.

Reactions: stereonut
Pope could experience in a few weeks what Calipari, BCG, and Tubby experienced when it comes to not completing a recruiting class with a critical piece.

If we fail to land two more studs, BBN is going to go into next season seeing it as a stop gap season to buy some time until he can get this thing really going.

At present, we're going to struggle to score if we don't add some pieces.
Very well said.
And truthful too.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Pope came on too late to have any sort of recruiting class.

This isn't going to be like Cal. Pope will get lesser rated players that end up saying multiple years.

Which can indeed work out fine. But you have to give him at least three years IMO for this to see where we are heading.
Yep... Imagine if Pope gets 3 recruits per year instead of just 2 and can fill in 3 to 5 spots instead of having to find 8ish transfers???? LOL.

I dont expect much from non conference but haven't seen the schedule yet. Really comes down to SEC play. Its going to be a tough league. Auburn will be good. Ark will be good. Florida is going to be solid. Barnes will need to do some coaching but I'm sure they will be fine. Oklahoma and Texas will both be solid. I havent been watching A&M recruiting but they are always a problem by march. If this team can make a push for an SEC title then it would be a highly successful first season at the helm but. I also wouldn't be surprised if they finish middle of the pack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT