ADVERTISEMENT

No news on DJ Wagner is interesting to me...

Disrespectful? You misunderstand. We're done with relying on freshman. Seeing these guys go doesn't phase us at all.

Also dj is absolutely going to Arkansas. No way cal doesn't take care of him. He literally tanked an entire season for him so he isn't stopping now.

Like others said, he's probably holding off so cal can sign Davis. Once that's done, dj will commit and there will be turmoil.

Wow it's almost like UK fans saw this movie before
I hope you’re right…would be awesome to get them all.

You think Kentucky fans care about some random 4 star freshman 🤣? We’ve recruited 3x more 5star recruits in the last 5 years than you have in your programs history 😂. Ofc we have nothing to show for it thanks to our shitty ex coach, but thanks to you we no longer have that problem. So tyvm 🫵🙂👍
Yeah you obviously don’t care at all.

Wagner knows the deal because he just finished living it. Cal promises minutes to his best freshmen, then recruits over them and sends them on. If they're not good enough to get drafted after one season, they transfer and the next guy gets the job. Wagner had his chance with Calipari last season. Now that Boogie Fland is on the team, DJ won't be the starter. So, I think Wagner ends up elsewhere. Otherwise, he's coming off the bench. If Wagner is smart, he would return to UK, but he doesn't care at all about UK. Cal didn't teach his players to appreciate Kentucky. UK was just a means to an end. Arkansas fans will find out in time.
That’s exactly my point, thank you.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
There is news. Visiting USC. Must still be a Klutch school.

I'm guessing he will end up at Arky. Them getting Boogie Fland does make me wonder about the situation.
I don't think he will stay here but if he does not follow Cal to Arky after the longtime history he has with that family that tells me they were not happy with the way last season went.
We shall see.
With Fland going to the Hogs , if he is smart he will find a new home because Cal has a history of playing his newest players over 5 stars that stayed a second year.

With Fland going to the Hogs , if he is smart he will find a new home because Cal has a history of playing his newest players over 5 stars that stayed a second year.
Except in 2015 when it might have worked out better if he had done that, considering how Booker blew up in the NBA.

Reactions: jwphelps
Wagner knows the deal because he just finished living it. Cal promises minutes to his best freshmen, then recruits over them and sends them on. If they're not good enough to get drafted after one season, they transfer and the next guy gets the job. Wagner had his chance with Calipari last season. Now that Boogie Fland is on the team, DJ won't be the starter. So, I think Wagner ends up elsewhere. Otherwise, he's coming off the bench. If Wagner is smart, he would return to UK, but he doesn't care at all about UK. Cal didn't teach his players to appreciate Kentucky. UK was just a means to an end. Arkansas fans will find out in time.
That’s another way to look at it, and may be correct. But I’m pretty sure Cal wanted DJ back at UK, even with Boogie coming in. Doubt his intention was to bench DJ.

Oh young grasshopper. It's so cute to see you taking your first steps into swallow whole the cal mantra.

If only there was some recent data set that provided some indication of how successful he might be using this strategy.
Well brother we have 3 freshman, at most 4…so while going forward that may well be the case, it won’t be this year. I mean the freshman will play for sure, and I hope they do…but those other 8 have to be transfers.

I told yall the other day, he is on the outside looking in. Boogie and Davis are the backcourt, if something goes sideways with one of them, I’m sure Cal will reel him in or try to. But Boogie is starting and Davis is starting, Knox/Richmond at the 3, Z/Garrison inside. Obviously as other pieces come in to focus, that could change but that’s what it is as of today. I hope Wagner comes, obviously that would be sweet but he doesn’t want a diminished role I’m sure, so I figure he’ll try and get something better.
If Arky gets all these guys it is the makings of a very good team. You'd have every reason to be excited about the prospects for the season. But, you have a coach that based on the previous 4 years or so, is old and tired. When you consider the talent Kentucky had this past season it was a huge disappointment. You may be in for the same.

If Arky gets all these guys it is the makings of a very good team. You'd have every reason to be excited about the prospects for the season. But, you have a coach that based on the previous 4 years or so, is old and tired. When you consider the talent Kentucky had this past season it was a huge disappointment. You may be in for the same.
Definitely possible, spite can be a powerful motivator, I’m hoping if not just out of spite he digs in and gets after it. Time will tell.

Well brother we have 3 freshman, at most 4…so while going forward that may well be the case, it won’t be this year. I mean the freshman will play for sure, and I hope they do…but those other 8 have to be transfers.

Like I said. It's cute.

I believe Cal told DJ not to talk about his plans for Arkansas until after he suckered his backup players into signing.

I absolutely don't think DJ ends up at Arkansas. He will go somewhere that will feature him as the PG and that is not going to be Arkansas at this point.

I absolutely don't think DJ ends up at Arkansas. He will go somewhere that will feature him as the PG and that is not going to be Arkansas at this point.
Why do you think Cal would be hesitant to use DJ at Arkansas any differently than he did at Kentucky?

The only reason the remaining 8 will be transfers is because he can't find additional freshmen.

Why do you think Cal would be hesitant to use DJ at Arkansas any differently than he did at Kentucky?

1)Cal probably already made promises to the players coming in. 2) DJ is going to look at the best situation for himself and I don't think that happens at Arkansas.

I am just reading the situation. It would be a shock to me if DJ ends up at Arkansas.

The implicit "year one will be the highpoint" is my favorite part of this post.

Well, I can see how this is a tough situation for DJ.

I’m sure he came to UK feeling 100% certain that he’d be entering the NBA draft this spring. Instead he’s not only forced to return to college, but now has no idea what college to return to. He chose UK because of Cal, but that didn’t work out so well. So what now?

It’s no surprise that it’s taking him awhile to make a decision. I think he’s probably genuinely perplexed as to what to do next.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I will laugh my ass off if DJ and Davis goes to Arkansas and Davis comes off the bench behind DJ and Fland. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Maybe, guess we’ll see how it plays out.
You will soon learn like we did that Cal doesn't care about winning. He wants to make generational changes, Lol, to the lives of young men. Whew! I was laughing so hard I didn't think I would be able to finish typing that BS.

It would not trouble me at all if D. J. Wagner tells Coach Pope he wants to come back to U.K I hate to admit this, but my first level of joy in that would be D.J.'s utter rejection of CCC. But also ... I just have to think that D.J. is a better shooter than he showed us in 2023-24. He can get to the bucket on anybody ... if he could just shoot a little better ...

It would not trouble me at all if D. J. Wagner tells Coach Pope he wants to come back to U.K I hate to admit this, but my first level of joy in that would be D.J.'s utter rejection of CCC. But also ... I just have to think that D.J. is a better shooter than he showed us in 2023-24. He can get to the bucket on anybody ... if he could just shoot a little better ...
I don’t think the hold up is DJ “rejecting Cal”, the issue is we have guys that we prioritize more, leaving him in basically a bench role/significantly diminished role. He is looking around, as well he should.

I don’t think the hold up is DJ “rejecting Cal”, the issue is we have guys that we prioritize more, leaving him in basically a bench role/significantly diminished role. He is looking around, as well he should.
Yes. You are of course correct. I didn't make myself clear. I personally would love it if D. J. were seen as utterly rejecting CCC. But that obviously has nothing to do with what would be good for D.J. I think it's unlikely - if not highly unlikely - that D.J. returns to U.K. I was just saying that I like him, and think he's a better player than his 2023-24 season at U.K. indicated, etc.

Yes. You are of course correct. I didn't make myself clear. I personally would love it if D. J. were seen as utterly rejecting CCC. But that obviously has nothing to do with what would be good for D.J. I think it's unlikely - if not highly unlikely - that D.J. returns to U.K. I was just saying that I like him, and think he's a better player than his 2023-24 season at U.K. indicated, etc.
I will say it’s weird that he isn’t considering UK, assuming he’s not coming to Arkansas, not sure why that isn’t a consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT