ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over; 2023, 2024, 2025 targets recruiting followup

One name I hope appears in the portal after next year is Blue Cain from UGA. That kid is a dead eye. Saw him at IMG play against John Bol and Mattas Buzelis. Cain was easily the best player on that floor. His freshman year at UGA showed his shooting touch. I hope he enters the portal and Pope snatches him up

Going to be tough with the portal closed. I bet Cain isn't too happy that White just picked up Tywin Lawrence from Vandy. White picked up Lawrence, Leffew, and Montgomery, who will all be competing with Demary and Cain for PT now.

Two things--one projection and one just for laughs.

1. I expect UK to fool some of the fans who think recruiting HS guys is over-think that is going to pick up overall with the Portal to fill gaps with the Covid exemption over (finally) after this year. Won't be surprised to see Cats sign a class of 4/5 guys from HS in '25. We've all talked of change needing to be keeping players to grow with the program and we'll hopefully see that.

2. EYBL teams are rocking the "Checkerboard" look a lot this season. LOL It's worth a laugh watching highlights of Meleek Thomas and NH Lightning beating Nightrydas (Boozer Twins/Caleb Wilson) and everyone has on checkerboard jerseys.

Going to be tough with the portal closed. I bet Cain isn't too happy that White just picked up Tywin Lawrence from Vandy. White picked up Lawrence, Leffew, and Montgomery, who will all be competing with Demary and Cain for PT now.

@Padsfs07 yeah, I meant after next year. Cain could be the best shooter in the SEC

Reactions: Padsfs07
6-8 Ament.

KENTUCKY: “They recruited me a little bit when they were at BYU. Now they’re at Kentucky they are trying to get to know me and they are trying to get on as many calls with me as possible. We are in the process of building that relationship. I’m not going to lie, I haven’t watched too much BYU. But they like my versatility, that I can shoot and pass, and my length. I know I can adapt to almost any system and fit in perfectly.”

Reactions: University-6
KENTUCKY: “The new Kentucky staff has reached out to me but there is no offer. They told me they’re trying to maintain what Kentucky has had in the past and be a winning program. They’ve been recruiting some players and they’re trying to be a winning program in their first year.”

“These are the most recent schools that I would say I’ve heard from,” Dybantsa said.

Jasper Johnson has a pretty left-handed jump shot, and that is the genesis of his production. The release is quick, his balance is consistent, and he is confident in his range. Johnson struggled to finish at the rim here and most of his offense came from going left, the jump shot makes him a threat throughout the course of a game. He finished with 30 points, going 8-16 from the field. He closed the game out with confidence in the fourth quarter

I think Dybantsa is Arkansas or UConn bound. I think he would have come here had Cal stayed. Same for Maleek Thomas and Caleb Wilson.

Maybe Pope will surprise and land a few of the elite guys in the next class?

I think Dybantsa is Arkansas or UConn bound. I think he would have come here had Cal stayed. Same for Maleek Thomas and Caleb Wilson.

Maybe Pope will surprise and land a few of the elite guys in the next class?
This is a deeply talented class of guys-so there's plenty of time to get in with some big time players. I'd love to see Pope make a move with Isaiah Harwell for instance. There's a ton of talent out there.

Caleb Wilson is a guy who hasn't heard from the new staff yet. Immensely talented but head scratching he went to play with the Nightrydas and Boozer Twins.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Friend was at Adidas Event this weekend and to spare you regarding the usual suspects of Peterson, Moreno, etc.....he mentioned how Team Loaded/Oak Hill Academy PG Kaden Magwood stood out and was vastly improved from previous year. Really loved how he balanced running a team and getting buckets when needed. He also plays with a guy who everyone in the country will want as you'll see next weekend when Live Period Starts--Nate Ament.

Friend was at Adidas Event this weekend and to spare you regarding the usual suspects of Peterson, Moreno, etc.....he mentioned how Team Loaded/Oak Hill Academy PG Kaden Magwood stood out and was vastly improved from previous year. Really loved how he balanced running a team and getting buckets when needed. He also plays with a guy who everyone in the country will want as you'll see next weekend when Live Period Starts--Nate Ament.
Magwood is one of the many talented Kentucky natives in the next two classes. Just got offered by UL.

KENTUCKY: “I’ve only been in contact with the new coaches there a couple of times. They have been in contact more with my mom so far. They like my style of play. If you watch Coach (Mark) Pope’s film at BYU, they play like a video game style. They take a lot of shots, a lot of three-point shots and they play in transition. So that style suits my style of play.”

KENTUCKY: “I’ve only been in contact with the new coaches there a couple of times. They have been in contact more with my mom so far. They like my style of play. If you watch Coach (Mark) Pope’s film at BYU, they play like a video game style. They take a lot of shots, a lot of three-point shots and they play in transition. So that style suits my style of play.”

Had a monster game in a 1 pt win over Team Thad yesterday (Jasper Johnson's team).

Will had 21 pts 10 assists 4 rebs 3 steals 3 TO's on 6-13 FG, 9-11 FT and 0-3 3pt

“I’m hearing from USC,” Henderson said. “The new staff at Kentucky just hit me up. It was Coach (Alvin) Brooks from Baylor. He recruited me at Baylor, so he hit me up to let me know they are going to be watching me.”

Kentucky remains in the mix with new staff, Arkansas now in the race with Calipari

Kentucky: “I recently got re-offered by coach (Mark) Pope. I might go visit there again too. The same thing stands, they still want me. He’s watched some stuff and they want me and they’re interested too. I’m tuned into Kentucky this year, I didn’t really watch BYU too much.”

Kentucky remains in the mix with new staff, Arkansas now in the race with Calipari

Kentucky: “I recently got re-offered by coach (Mark) Pope. I might go visit there again too. The same thing stands, they still want me. He’s watched some stuff and they want me and they’re interested too. I’m tuned into Kentucky this year, I didn’t really watch BYU too much.”
would love to get him
the kid is the real deal
i got a phone call the other day and unless something very drastic were to happen (i say that because nothing in life is 100%), he is not reclassifying
DPsr is a very intelligent man, his reasoning for not reclassifying are rock solid

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT