ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over; 2023, 2024, 2025 targets recruiting followup

Fland: The Kentucky commit and likely McDonald's All-American impressed media-types, scouts and fans in attendance with his darting moves and shot-making ability. It's fact, he moves and plays the game similarly to two former Big Blue Nation guards: Tyrese Maxey (Philadelphia 76ers) and Immanuel Quickley (New York Knicks) in terms of speed with the ball, step back shooting and ability to split defenders. He scored 14 points in the final period and finished with 27 points, five rebounds, two assists, and three steals. "Yes, we did talk about getting off on the right foot for the season and we reminded them at halftime," Stepinac coach Patrick Massaroni said. "We couldn't have played a worse first half." Stepinac will try to keep up the momentum when it faces regionally-ranked Centennial (Corona, Calif.) in a Saturday afternoon matchup.
hoophall-west-5-things-we-learned-3

Today and tomorrow.

Two of the Bluegrass State’s top prospects that are now attending prep schools are Tyran Stokes (Prolific Prep, No. 1 in 2026) and Jasper Johnson (Link Academy, No. 11 in 2025), who will be making their homecoming that weekend. Those two will face off during the night cap on Saturday, December 2nd at 8:45 PM in a battle of two top-three teams in high school basketball.

Among some of the other top prospects in attendance are:

AJ Dybantsa (Prolific Prep, No. 1 in 2025)

Jayden Quaintance (Word of God, No. 3 in 2024)

Tre Johnson (Link Academy, No. 7 in 2024)

Zoom Diallo (Prolific Prep, No. 12 in 2024)

Labaron Philon (Link Academy, No. 17 in 2024, Kansas)

Aiden Sherrell (Prolific Prep, No. 24 in 2024, Alabama)

Bryson Tucker (Bishop O'Connell, No. 25 in 2024)

Derrion Reid (Prolific Prep, No. 36 in 2024)

Neiko Mundey (Shabach Christian Academy, No. 61 in 2026)

Jalen Shelley (Link Academy, No. 62 in 2024, Arkansas)

Mikey Lewis (Prolific Prep, No. 69 in 2024, Saint Mary's)

AJ Swinton (Bishop O'Connell, No. 80 in 2024, Florida State)

TO Barrett (Link Academy, No. 88 in 2024, Missouri)

James Brown (Link Academy, No. 93 in 2024, North Carolina)

Last edited:
Fland: The Kentucky commit and likely McDonald's All-American impressed media-types, scouts and fans in attendance with his darting moves and shot-making ability. It's fact, he moves and plays the game similarly to two former Big Blue Nation guards: Tyrese Maxey (Philadelphia 76ers) and Immanuel Quickley (New York Knicks) in terms of speed with the ball, step back shooting and ability to split defenders. He scored 14 points in the final period and finished with 27 points, five rebounds, two assists, and three steals. "Yes, we did talk about getting off on the right foot for the season and we reminded them at halftime," Stepinac coach Patrick Massaroni said. "We couldn't have played a worse first half." Stepinac will try to keep up the momentum when it faces regionally-ranked Centennial (Corona, Calif.) in a Saturday afternoon matchup.
hoophall-west-5-things-we-learned-3
Rarely do you find a player ranked so differently within the 2 major recruiting rankings as you see in Boogie Fland. I just checked Rivals and 247 to confirm they're up to date, and the latest have him 10th (Rivals - down from 7), and 33rd (24/7). That's a significant gap. Seem very uncommon, no?

Rarely do you find a player ranked so differently within the 2 major recruiting rankings as you see in Boogie Fland. I just checked Rivals and 247 to confirm they're up to date, and the latest have him 10th (Rivals - down from 7), and 33rd (24/7). That's a significant gap. Seem very uncommon, no?
I noticed that as well, very strange.

This obviously can turn on a dime. But like the quote for now.

Is the Pro Route an Option?

“I’ve been in contact with the G-League,” Dybantsa said. “Obviously, I know Matas (Buzelis) from Expressions, and they have Ron Holland there now. They’re in play, for sure, but, right now, I think that I am going to college.” - 247.

You can catch these UK targets in NKy this weekend.
The 2023 Griffin Elite Classic features a loaded field playing at the Griffin Elite Sports and Wellness complex in Erlanger on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The main attractions will be a pair of five-star, class of 2025 guards: Darryn Peterson of Huntington Prep (West Virginia) and Darius Acuff Jr. of IMG Academy (Florida). Also in action will be class of 2026 guard Tay Kinney, who plays for Newport High School and was a visitor in October to UK’s Big Blue Madness.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article282782923.html#storylink=cpy

The 2023 Griffin Elite Classic features a loaded field playing at the Griffin Elite Sports and Wellness complex in Erlanger on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The main attractions will be a pair of five-star, class of 2025 guards: Darryn Peterson of Huntington Prep (West Virginia) and Darius Acuff Jr. of IMG Academy (Florida). Also in action will be class of 2026 guard Tay Kinney, who plays for Newport High School and was a visitor in October to UK’s Big Blue Madness.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article282782923.html#storylink=cpy

Impressive 3-point shooting by Tinney.
There’s another prospect to keep an eye on this weekend, too. During Friday’s first game between IMG Academy and Newport, the latter will roll out class of 2026 point guard Tay Kinney. The 6-foot sophomore leads Newport (No. 7 in KSR’s statewide rankings) in scoring at 19 points per game while shooting over 50 percent from both the field and beyond the arc. Kinney holds offers from programs such as Cincinnati, Louisville, Purdue, Notre Dame, and more.

Acuff wasn't there last night.
“It was nice, great experience. Crazy environment for sure,” Kinney, who adds that he grew up a Kentucky fan, said of his time at BBM. “I was there with (Darius) Acuff, Gabe Weis, my teammate. Travis Perry, all those guys.”

Kinney and Weis, another talented sophomore from the Bluegrass State (Washington County) who is being recruited by UK, played together on the Adidas 3SSB circuit for Wildcat Select over the summer. Kinney and Perry have met and played at camps before.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Acuff wasn't there last night.
“It was nice, great experience. Crazy environment for sure,” Kinney, who adds that he grew up a Kentucky fan, said of his time at BBM. “I was there with (Darius) Acuff, Gabe Weis, my teammate. Travis Perry, all those guys.”

Kinney and Weis, another talented sophomore from the Bluegrass State (Washington County) who is being recruited by UK, played together on the Adidas 3SSB circuit for Wildcat Select over the summer. Kinney and Perry have met and played at camps before.

WAYLAND469794-1366x2048.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT