ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs: Anyone a hockey fan?

KingOfBBN

All-American
Sep 14, 2013
I know there aren't a lot of hockey fans in the state but I don't think there is a better playoff season in professional sports than what the NHL produces. The last handful of years have been super exciting and this year is right on par.

Ducks Vs Blackhawks is going to be tons of fun as will G7 of the Rangers/Capitals tomorrow night.

Love hockey. Thought my Wings were gonna pull out their series for a little while there.

Was born in Maryland and lived there until I was 8. I have vague memories about seeing the Capitals in their expansion season. Looks like another crushing loss in the playoffs for me.

Another year that the Stanley Cup stays in the USA. Last won by a Canadian team in 1993 -- Canada is becoming the Indiana of hockey.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
wish hockey would go away. For years I'd get pissed at the hockey plays that made the SportsCenter top 10. "Really? For THAT?"

Hate the sport.

I've seen some cool puck movement but your sentiments about hockey, I have those about baseball too. Every hit is the same and there are so many diving catches that look the same.

Hockey is a sport you have to see in person to fully appreciate cause it doesn't translate as wel on television. These guys are so fast and go non stop and lay some bad ass hits on folks. I went to a couple of times this year and it's a lot of fun and the playoffs are always nail biters it seems.

Was born in Maryland and lived there until I was 8. I have vague memories about seeing the Capitals in their expansion season. Looks like another crushing loss in the playoffs for me.
Imagine that. A minute away from winning the series in game 5 and lose in game 7.

I don't care for hockey, and the fans are the worst... but I'm in awe anytime a hockey play makes top10. IMO, they deserve to make the top10 list for some of the shit they are able to do with a puck, holding a stick, on freaking ice skates. Think about that combination, now add in all the contact in hockey... They deserve it. And my favorite sport, basketball, is probably one of the biggest culprits of "not deserving top10 appearances". A lot of uncontested dunks from guys who are near 7 ft tall just isn't impressive. Not for top10.

Been a hockey fan most of my life. Originally started cheering for the Redwings back in the day of Federov and Yzerman. But moved back to Kentucky and of course, there is virtually no hockey here. I jumped on the Blackhawks bandwagon when I moved there in 2011. Went to my first game in 2013 during the playoffs. Best live sporting even I have ever attended. The atmosphere was incredible and it is insane to see how talented those guys are in person.

The NHL Playoffs have been awesome this season, fellas. Hopefully some of you have got to watch the WCF between the Ducks and Blackhawks. All 5 games have been decided by OT with three of them going into OT (G2=3 OTs, G4=2 OTs, GF 1 OT).

If the Ducks don't win tonight, it goes to Game 7 just like the ECF between the Rangers/Lightning. Intense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT