ADVERTISEMENT

**New Rivals.com message boards**

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
In case you haven't seen Rivals.com will have new message boards. This has been in the works and I'm very excited about it. The national boards will switch Thursday morning and the new design will be here on the team sites, such as this one, by early next week. Head of Rivals.com Eric Winter notes the following:

1. They are a responsive design[/B]; meaning, they were designed for desktop, tablets and mobile - all in one design and all at the same URL. No need to go to a different address to get the proper version for your device

2. They have a modern, secure and actively maintained framework built for speed & stability

3. There will be no[/B] limit on Thread History, so you can reference old topics or replies at any time

4. There is Private Messaging, Social Profiles and Rich(er) Content - embeddable video, embeddable Tweets, etc

5. You now can set up alerts[/B] and follow users[/B] so you don't miss replies to topics you're participating in or miss great posts from your favorite users. In your News Feed[/B] you'll be able to see all of the topics, users, and content that you wish to follow.

6. Dynamic quoting system[/B] so what you select within a thread can be quoted without copying and pasting any code. You select what you want to quote and click Reply over that selection, and it will be put automatically in your reply. You can quote multiple posts[/B] and automatic quoting[/B] is set up so that you can always follow the conversation with a user forgetting to quote.

7. Improved navigation[/B] and search[/B]: quickly jump to the first unread post in a thread or to the top and bottom of each thread. Advanced search features include by keyword, date or thread title. Plus, you can link directly to a thread or a reply within a thread with permalinks.

This post was edited on 4/20 11:53 AM by JohnBlue_

Screenshots

Re: New Rivals.com message boards

Hopefully posting pics, fonts, bold print, etc will be easier than the current set up from the 90's...

Originally posted by John Barleycorn:
Hopefully posting pics, fonts, bold print, etc will be easier than the current set up from the 90's...
No kidding. He have to know DOS or something and write the language for it. Stupid. This is 2015 not 1990.

I dunno what you guys are using but my pictures bold and all are one button press! They changed that years ago

I hope the video is a litte easier to import. I want to do some game breakdowns on series/plays this fall.

If the video becomes easier to import I will be able to narrate video on each slide with telestrations to better understand the DNA of the play. Here is an example of a basic check.
Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

The new boards are set to be in place today, or tonight. Be prepared for things to look a lot different but I think they are for the better.

Blue would have been a better choice than purple, and the white/off-white combo of everything else is very sterile and a bit glaring, but the functionality is really nice. Everything seems to load smoothly and quickly. Aesthetically: 1.5 stars, Functionally: 5 stars.

Adolph, with your clown attitude, I expect you'll get a few ignores yourself. Guess it evens out eventually.

This was already as good a site as any that I know of so now it has to be the best designed UK site. Thanks, guys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT