ADVERTISEMENT

New Godzilla movie coming next year

That looks great. I agree it looks like a remake of the original. The Godzilla in the new American films is too nice.

Reactions: J_Dee
That looks amazing. Please report back about the awesomeness I am expecting!

It's awesome, I think it might sweep the live-action categories at the Japan Academy Film Prize awards in March. Go see it on the biggest screen possible.

One minor nitpick -- major spoiler:

The final scene showing Godzilla's remains regenerating totally negates Shikishima's closure and the happy ending. Ah well. XD

Definitely going on Friday. Have heard great things. I never understood why the recent American films did not include his iconic roar. What a colossal blunder.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
Just got back. What an amazing movie. It's kind of a miracle they made a Godzilla movie this good after 70 years. Godzilla is actually terrifying. And why is there such good acting in a Godzilla movie? Why am I nearly crying at the human drama? Some stunning action scenes.

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
Just got back. What an amazing movie. It's kind of a miracle they made a Godzilla movie this good after 70 years. Godzilla is actually terrifying. And why is there such good acting in a Godzilla movie? Why am I nearly crying at the human drama? Some stunning action scenes.
Watch the 1954 movie. Not the one with Raymond Burr(though it is good)

I've seen every Godzilla movie. I've seen the original, both versions. I like it but it's pretty depressing so I don't watch it a lot. I prefer the American KK vs Godzilla as that is the one I grew up with.

I ****ing loved that movie from beginning to end. Not only did it make Godzilla a complete badass monster like in the 1954 classic, but it made me emotionally attached to the characters. I couldn’t help but find myself in Koichi’s shoes. It made me realize how important my family is to me and what I would do for them. $15 million budget?! You couldn’t get one episode of she-hulk for less than 25mil and look how bad that show looked. Overall, it’s a must see. Best Godzilla movie ever…. Best movie of the year for me, and probably my #2 all time behind Jaws, but idk anymore.

I've seen every Godzilla movie. I've seen the original, both versions. I like it but it's pretty depressing so I don't watch it a lot. I prefer the American KK vs Godzilla as that is the one I grew up with.
King Kong is a meanie. He throws barrels of whiskey at people.

Reactions: christophero
Nice. =)

https://www.godzilla-movies.com/new...apanese-academy-awards-including-best-picture

In 2017, Shin Godzilla won 7 Japanese Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director(s). Will history repeat itself?

Take a look at the full list nominations:

Best Film - Godzilla Minus One
Best Director - Takashi Yamazaki
Best Screenplay - Takashi Yamazaki
Best Actor - Ryunosuke Kamiki
Best Actress - Minami Hamabe
Best Supporting Actress - Sakura Ando
Best Music - Naoki Sato
Best Cinematography - Kozo Shibasaki
Best Lighting - Nariyuki Ueda
Best Art Direction - Anri Jojo
Best Sound - Hisafumi Takeuchi
Best Editing - Ryuji Miyajima

King Kong is a meanie. He throws barrels of whiskey at people.
Apparently that's not all he does

200.gif

I’ve been looking for when the film will release on UHD and there is no sign or talk. I need to watch it again, I miss it already.

Reactions: GeraldV
What was the best Godzilla movie? Seems a new one comes out every so often. If you watched just one, which would it be?

I started Shin Godzilla last night. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Definitely not Minus One level. The CGI is really throwing me off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT