ADVERTISEMENT

New boom tweet!

Big time! A talented in-state kid to develop and leave his mark! Worked out well for Dom Hawkins. Love the commitment

Reactions: lazycat75
Anyone that is 6'6" and dominated the KHSAA state tournament deserves an offer if you have one. He played on Reed's team when they played against all the five stars including Lebron's son. This kid has played in the elite AAU circuit. I watched him in the third grade and he was skilled back then for that age. Not many kids in Kentucky can be dominant from that many years but he was. Most kids his size quit growing (he was a head taller and stronger than anyone), but he ended up 6'6". I watched him in the region his 8th grade year and the 13th region champions really struggled to stop him. He is a good pickup.

For the ones who don’t like the roster, what if this is the roster and they just add 2 filler pieces and don’t get one of Robinson laneir or poplar. Chandler Perry and Noah would get mins
Those three won’t get minutes their first year. Too many good players for them to be in the rotation.

Anyone that is 6'6" and dominated the KHSAA state tournament deserves an offer if you have one. He played on Reed's team when they played against all the five stars including Lebron's son. This kid has played in the elite AAU circuit. I watched him in the third grade and he was skilled back then for that age. Not many kids in Kentucky can be dominant from that many years but he was. Most kids his size quit growing (he was a head taller and stronger than anyone), but he ended up 6'6". I watched him in the region his 8th grade year and the 13th region champions really struggled to stop him. He is a good pickup.
Good to hear from someone who actually has watched Noah play for a long time. Your opinion means more!

a dedicated UK fan would start making alot more animated boom gifs for future players to choose from

you know, so they don't run out

The Fueger tweets are great but it’s a shame all the insiders then ruin a kid’s moment of announcing the actual decision.

Excited for Trent though to be joining the program!
Probably the same people that was complaining about all the one and dones. I was fine with getting the best talent, but if you have a mediocre year as a freshman you need to come back. Our mediocre young players all declared for the NBA draft after their freshman year.

Im of the ilk if theres a Ky boy with big boy talent you sign em up. Sure sometimes you get jarred carter and jon hood but sometimes you get red shep and darius miller

Too many people here are still brainwashed to how Cal ran things.
Do you think Pope will go 10-13 deep cause if they fill all the spots that would be where they’d be. It’s a good thing. He’s bringing in a bunch of good players who are upperclassmen.

Stats for Noah last year:

29.9 PPG
10.4 RPG
43% 3pt% on 237 attempts
88.9% FT%

Love it man. This is what Kentucky basketball is all about.
According to RondoBaller that's only good enough to sit the bench all year. He has posted 3 times and cornbread is thee only one that agrees it seems

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Perry and Noah let’s get it Kentucky Boys!
Plus now Perry has someone he can relate to. Age wise and state wise.

Noah's the kind of player that kills us when we play them after Cal not offering. Seen it too much. Glad to keep the top instate talent home.

the dark knight joker GIF

According to RondoBaller that's only good enough to sit the bench all year. He has posted 3 times and cornbread is thee only one that agrees it seems
If they get Robinson and Lanier it is unlikely he plays much.

Always good to have some KY kids who grew up Uk fans on the team. Maybe a little pride from wearing the blue and white rubs off on the other players

Do you think Pope will go 10-13 deep cause if they fill all the spots that would be where they’d be. It’s a good thing. He’s bringing in a bunch of good players who are upperclassmen.
Honestly don't know. But I know he went 10 deep in some games last year at BYU and I'd imagine that's with much less overall talent. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him going deeper if everyone is capable. I think he likes to keep guys fresh so that they can keep moving and wear down opponents. With Trent's shooting ability I could see him stepping in to give some breathers and knock down a couple shots while he's at it.

Reactions: Blue wood
Think we close this out with one of Lanier/robinson/poplar and that the roster. I would like to get 2 of those 3 mentioned but I don’t think it’s realistic

Being realistic. If you get Lanier and or Robinson, that’s already a 9 man rotation. Who do those guys get minutes over?
I don't get the logic that a good player demands x minutes. What's the big deal about 5 minutes either way? 20/20 or 25/15 per game...if a player demands the 25 end of that, they are being selfish, especially if the system demands depth and being fresh. Being fresh benefits the player and the team. NBA teams are looking at performance minute by minute and not basing much on how many minutes a player gets.

JMHO, but we'll go deep into the bench and on a regular basis. I want every player to give 100% for the minutes he gets. Not 75% and play more minutes. Who does that benefit unless the guy is a stud that is far better than anyone else on the team. If that's the case, gotta let him know he's got to be in the best condition of anyone on the team if he's getting the most minutes. 100%, Not asking for more and won't accept less. The ball is in the player's hands at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT