ADVERTISEMENT

Never seen a coaching staff so terrified of a back QB they failed to develop.

Bama will slaughter these guys . 54-10. Final score
I don't think I have ever seen you post a single positive comment. If there was one, I missed it. Maybe you will be right about next week's outcome. Or maybe you won't. You don't know. But you are hoping you will be right, because you don't want this coaching staff to succeed. But who cares? You are against donating to the 15 club. You are against paying Stoops according to his contractual terms. You are against our athletics director. You want our coaches and our athletics director to fail. Everyone already knows this. No need to keep saying it over and over. Just find another activity that you like better.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen you post a single positive comment. If there was one, I missed it. Maybe you will be right about next week's outcome. Or maybe you won't.
Yuh ou don't know. But you are hoping you will be right, because you don't want this coaching staff to succeed. But who cares? You are against donating to the 15 club. You are against paying Stoops according to his contractual terms. You are against our athletics director. You want our coaches and our athletics director to fail. Everyone already knows this. No need to keep saying it over and over. Just find another activity that you like better.
You just described several pollsters here.
They just come here to bash.

Four coordinators in four years as well as Schlarman's passing have devastated the offense. I think Coen can right the ship – particularly with the QB recruits we have coming in. Might take some tinkering with staff and a few more transfers, but I think we should be looking much better on offense next year and beyond.

Assuming Coen stays. Which I think he will.

Dude is magnetic and players want to play for him.

Yeah, we were gifted perfect field position at least four times and did jack sh-t with it each time last night. Frustrating, but the offense really does need to be completely rebuilt.

Spot on. Our offense played poorly yesterday. 271 total offensive yards with only 3 points scored in the 2nd half won't cut it. But our defense played one of its best games of the year, getting 5 sacks and holding MS St to 218 total offensive yards. MS St is not a very good SEC team, but this was accomplished on the road and broke a three game losing streak. That's the context. It was UK's first football win in Starkville in about 15 years. Another thing, the sloppiness, the drops, and the dumb penalties have been all-but eliminated. Credit to Coach Coen for the cleanup.

I still think our OL is a problem. They aren't giving up many sacks this year, but our QB seldom has a clean pocket. That has hurt our passing game and still is, even though our receivers are playing much better now.

But at the end of the day, this team is bowl eligible and still has a good enough defense to finish the season strongly if a handful of younger Wildcat players continue to improve. Our 2024 recruiting class is better than its online ranking and will get stronger still before the signing date. For those willing to be pleased, there are still aspects of the season to be pleased about. High level competition is not for the faint of heart.

I still think our OL is a problem. They aren't giving up many sacks this year, but our QB seldom has a clean pocket. That has hurt our passing game and still is, even though our receivers are playing much better now.
I think the OL improved, but I also think that the lack of sacks has more to do with Leary's (usually) stellar pocket presence and experience.

Kinda spooky looking forward to next year's offensive situation if the line doesn't drastically improve via transfers. Will be a tall order with Flax and Horsey departing. I don't have much faith in Yenser to recruit OR develop. Maybe I'm wrong and Coen sees something to keep him on, but something is amiss on that line.

You think Kentucky is the only team that has penalties and makes mistakes? You see mediocrity in year 11 of stoops but let me tell you what you are seeing. You are looking at the golden age of Kentucky football. Like it or not, it’s true and irrefutable. Our fans have an identity crisis. They think Kentucky football is something that it’s not. It’s never been what our fans want. Honestly, it may never be what they want. I’ve made this point several times this past week in a few threads.

I’m not happy to accept “mediocrity”. But by Kentucky standards and with Kentucky’s resources and recruiting footprint, we are not mediocre. By Georgia, Ohio state, Texas, and Alabama standards Kentucky is mediocre. But those guys that coach those programs can hop in their car and go recruit 5 star studs in their home state and still be home for dinner. You think stoops get to do that? Our state produces less than 10 D1 prospects each year and most are 2 or 3 stars. This state is not a football hotbed. Our best high school teams will travel one state away only to get blown out (just ask Fredrick Douglas). A lot of our high schools don’t even have turf fields or LED lights or heat in the locker rooms. Stoops has to compete with basketball for NIL money no one else has to do that to the degree stoops does. You think this state is willing to let some stud point guard go elsewhere so we can pay more for a right guard?

2 10 win seasons in the last 5 years, beating Florida on the regular, owning Louisville, beating ranked teams every year, 8 straight years with a bowl appearance, top 30 recruiting classes, good attendance, sending kids to the NFL, hiring sought after assistant coaches and keeping them, etc. These things are massive accomplishments for Kentucky.

I get pissed when we lose too. I pissed at the offense too (and the D, and the special teams), But what stoops has done here is remarkable and I didn’t think it would ever be done at Kentucky.
Great post. Sometimes fans forget from whence we came. I remember some of the darkest days when we were an automatic blowout W on most SEC team schedules. Now, I feel like we can compete and have a fighting chance in most league games. I have a reason to watch games now. Wasn't always the case.

Last week you said we wouldn’t win another game. You’ve already been wrong once.
Wrong. I predicted a win before game time and said there was a good chance we wouldn't win another. My final prediction is 6-6. 7-5 a possibility.

Last edited:
Four coordinators in four years as well as Schlarman's passing have devastated the offense. I think Coen can right the ship – particularly with the QB recruits we have coming in. Might take some tinkering with staff and a few more transfers, but I think we should be looking much better on offense next year and beyond.

Assuming Coen stays. Which I think he will.

Dude is magnetic and players want to play for him.

Yeah, we were gifted perfect field position at least four times and did jack sh-t with it each time last night. Frustrating, but the offense really does need to be completely rebuilt.
Football isn`t a quick fix and it may take a couple of years to fix our offense, but you can tell Coen cares and will right the ship. Watch him during a press conference. He`s constantly changing his hat position and rubbing his neck........... just nervous reactions. He almost came to tears when talking about Leary`s injury, he cares. If our defense remains the same, just a little more pass rush and Coen revives our offense look out. Everyone, not just Kentuckians, say`s Coen is an offensive genius, he just needs the players.

Reactions: JPFisher
I don't think I have ever seen you post a single positive comment. If there was one, I missed it. Maybe you will be right about next week's outcome. Or maybe you won't. You don't know. But you are hoping you will be right, because you don't want this coaching staff to succeed. But who cares? You are against donating to the 15 club. You are against paying Stoops according to his contractual terms. You are against our athletics director. You want our coaches and our athletics director to fail. Everyone already knows this. No need to keep saying it over and over. Just find another activity that you like better.
No, just being realistic on what the score will probably be. Anyone with half a brain can see the disparity between the teams. And yes , ill probably be right but wish I wasn't.

A win’s a win, but the offense putting up 271 total yards and 17 points against a team that ranks 11th in the conference for total defense isn’t anything to celebrate. Those numbers likely don’t get it done in any of our remaining games.
Well, how much of it is clouded by the fact we spent the whole 4th quarter handing the ball off with second teamers in there. Wasn't real happy that they let Sheron throw all of one pass on his second play that was actually a nice play to Key for a First down then after that it was play nice and run out the clock time. Can't believe we did that with just a 21 point lead. Kansas St. scored three TD's in 2 minutes in their game, so anything can happen.

Sheron probably runs scout so he learns a completely different set of plays, but even if he doesn’t he isn’t getting any reps in practice given they have been trying to shore up the passing game all year. There are only so many hours of practice and when you have a new starting QB you don’t have time to spend on the younger guys. Add that we had a 3 TD lead and the last thing you want to do is turn the ball over. So many kids on here who have zero clue what this program looked like before Stoops. It’s comical really.

I think the OL improved, but I also think that the lack of sacks has more to do with Leary's (usually) stellar pocket presence and experience.

Kinda spooky looking forward to next year's offensive situation if the line doesn't drastically improve via transfers. Will be a tall order with Flax and Horsey departing. I don't have much faith in Yenser to recruit OR develop. Maybe I'm wrong and Coen sees something to keep him on, but something is amiss on that line.
Hard to replace a man like Schlarman, would love to find a OL coach who can coach and recruit though I think a lot of our issues since his passing has been the outside zone scheme. Think they’re looking better as the year progresses but last year and some of this year they looked confused, at least to me.

Reactions: JPFisher
Sheron probably runs scout so he learns a completely different set of plays, but even if he doesn’t he isn’t getting any reps in practice given they have been trying to shore up the passing game all year. There are only so many hours of practice and when you have a new starting QB you don’t have time to spend on the younger guys. Add that we had a 3 TD lead and the last thing you want to do is turn the ball over. So many kids on here who have zero clue what this program looked like before Stoops. It’s comical really.
Sheron don't look that bad to me if you actually let him throw the ball.

Spot on. Our offense played poorly yesterday. 271 total offensive yards with only 3 points scored in the 2nd half won't cut it. But our defense played one of its best games of the year, getting 5 sacks and holding MS St to 218 total offensive yards. MS St is not a very good SEC team, but this was accomplished on the road and broke a three game losing streak. That's the context. It was UK's first football win in Starkville in about 15 years. Another thing, the sloppiness, the drops, and the dumb penalties have been all-but eliminated. Credit to Coach Coen for the cleanup.

But at the end of the day, this team is bowl eligible and still has a good enough defense to finish the season strongly if a handful of younger Wildcat players continue to improve. Our 2024 recruiting class is better than its online ranking and will get stronger still before the signing date. For those willing to be pleased, there are still aspects of the season to be pleased about. High level competition is not for the faint of heart.
Stoops said at half time interview "we need to run the ball more". Then in the second half the offense totally shut down. Gotta take what the defense gives you, can't always just force what you want to do, team not Bama or georgia.

He’s bad. Otherwise he’d be the starter.
If the staff is adamant to go into portal…that’s a sign he’s not a legit Qb in their eyes

Let’s be honest…to screw him im the music city bowl was a pretty clear sign what the staff thinks of him …you’d never do that to a kid you truly though has potential….and Wade wasn’t exactly good athlete in that game

If the staff is adamant to go into portal…that’s a sign he’s not a legit Qb in their eyes

Let’s be honest…to screw him im the music city bowl was a pretty clear sign what the staff thinks of him …you’d never do that to a kid you truly though has potential….and Wade wasn’t exactly good athlete in that game
The future is the kid from LCA. The immediate future is the portal. Ky simply MUST get another big time portal qb. Sharon may transfer after the season.

Reactions: K_TIME
Well when you have Will and Leary ahead of you a lot of guys wouldn’t get much clock. Hurts lost his job at Bama how bad was he?
You’re right. I probably should not have assumed he’s “bad”. But I have not been impressed with what I’ve seen out of him. It’s clear is isn’t as good as Leary but he may not be “bad”. Just not good enough to play here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT