ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament

I thought the NCAA picked 20 possible host schools before the season- pretty much trying to predict who would get the top seeds.

They basically did that. So neither Virginia nor DBU were in the 20. That being the case, the NCAA had to pick a place in the 20, a neutral site. They chose USC.

They basically did that. So neither Virginia nor DBU were in the 20. That being the case, the NCAA had to pick a place in the 20, a neutral site. They chose USC.
Speaking of seeds, why was UVA the home team when MSU was the higher seeded team and it was a winner’s bracket game? Why have seeds if ya can’t be the home team? 🤷‍♂️

I feel bad for NC State. I also don't think we need to be testing any asymptomatic individuals.

HOWEVER, everyone knew the protocols going into the event. That is a risk they took. When the baseball season started in February, they were going through even more strict protocols on a weekly basis. This was not a surprise to anybody involved. Just get the vaccine and you don't have to be tested.

Hate it for them too but hate it even more that they have a doofus making dumb choices. This should be a warning to college football/basketball teams BTW.

I’ve got a feeling this won’t be the last time something like this happens.

I’ve got a feeling this won’t be the last time something like this happens.
I'd say you're right. FCS played football games this Spring but each week 12-15 games were cancelled/rescheduled due to Covid. Things have changed for the better but the threat remains...should be OK if the established protocols are followed.

I feel bad for NC State. I also don't think we need to be testing any asymptomatic individuals.

HOWEVER, everyone knew the protocols going into the event. That is a risk they took. When the baseball season started in February, they were going through even more strict protocols on a weekly basis. This was not a surprise to anybody involved. Just get the vaccine and you don't have to be tested.
The 4 guys that tested positive had the vaccine already lol

Protacal was if you were not vaccinated you had to be tested. If you were vaccinated you just had to go through the self check symptoms reporting procedure. Two kids not vaccinated had their tests come back positive, this was part of the mess that had them playing with 13 players on Friday. So when the two kids tested positive it triggered the next level protocols for testing the whole team regardless if you were vaccinated or not. It’s when these test came back it revealed that 4 additional players who were vaccinated tested positive. What I have not seem reported was how many additional players tested positive beyond these 4 who were vaccinated.

Vandy going to have a big advantage over State with Leiter not having to pitch today.

Unvaccinated people tested positive first, which led to the whole team getting tested.

If they all had the vaccine, there would have been NO tests at all.
Let’s not pretend that there are no possible risks from taking the vaccine. If I was young I surely wouldn’t have taken it, sports be damned.

Reactions: Usmcincy
Let’s not pretend that there are no possible risks from taking the vaccine. If I was young I surely wouldn’t have taken it, sports be damned.
Well then you might have cost your team the CWS. It is your right and your body, but other people have rights too and I am sure NC State wishes everyone on the team had gotten vaccinated. No other team in a 64 team field had this problem so it is not an impossible standard to meet.

Proves once again the old baseball adage that you have to throw strikes and make routine plays to win. Vandy did neither the last 2 games. Oh, and of course hit the ball. Noticed that Miss St's first 5 hitters were in double figures with HRs.

Proves once again the old baseball adage that you have to throw strikes and make routine plays to win. Vandy did neither the last 2 games. Oh, and of course hit the ball. Noticed that Miss St's first 5 hitters were in double figures with HRs.
Seems like I read or saw where Miss State has several JUCO guys that are some of their biggest contributors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT