ADVERTISEMENT

NBA telling college teams to sit players.

Oct 21, 2023
Matt and Drew just alluded to this on KSR. I thought agencies were probably doing this but do you all think the league is as well?

Matt and Drew just alluded to this on KSR. I thought agencies were probably doing this but do you all think the league is as well?
They were talking about if they went back to the old NBA rule where you could draft them hold their rights, but the kid goes back and plays in college, instead of the G-League. They never said NBA teams ARE telling colleges to hold kids out, they said they probably would if they already owned their rights.

They were talking about if they went back to the old NBA rule where you could draft them hold their rights, but the kid goes back and plays in college, instead of the G-League. They never said NBA teams ARE telling colleges to hold kids out, they said they probably would if they already owned their rights.
They literally said, if they did that, there could be issues with an NBA team demanding that a player sit out certain games and then said they think the NBA might already be doing that.

I wouldn’t be shocked if agencies like Klutch are doing this. They’re gonna encourage whatever they think helps their clients’ draft stock. And if that means occasionally resting to minimize injury risk, hide weaknesses or just put more spring in their step …so be it.

But NBA teams don’t even know which player will be theirs yet, so I can’t see them having any such incentive.

What does him being on the bench from an injury have anything to do with Matt spreading false rumors on the biggest fan site and radio show?

What does him being on the bench from an injury have anything to do with Matt spreading false rumors on the biggest fan site and radio show?
They were insinuating that he quit. It turned out to be false that he removed all UK stuff from his social media. However, he’s still on the bench. If he plays again, then obviously he was injured and got better. If he doesn’t then….
Thread title and OP seems to really have either not understood what was being said or is really twisting the point being debated.
Again they said, if the NBA were allowed to draft early like they could in the 70’s, there could be issues with an NBA team demanding that a player sit out certain games and then said they think the NBA might already be doing that.

Getting weird around here. People need to understand it’s a radio show for entertainment only. I was listening and it was just conjecture on no knowledge. More like, “yeah, probably doing this already,” as in to say, you never know what the hell is going on in college basketball.

Reactions: catben
Getting weird around here. People need to understand it’s a radio show for entertainment only. I was listening and it was just conjecture on no knowledge. More like, “yeah, probably doing this already,” as in to say, you never know what the hell is going on in college basketball.
I just started the thread to start a discussion. It’s KSR’s speculation/inside knowledge. Not mine.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
This.

But just remember the KSR motto: “Facts are optional”!! If everyone remembered this, then they could take that bunch for what they actually are, just some dudes talking about their favorite college team with a little more contacts than the normal fans.

I can see it. “Hey Cal, this is the Cleveland Cavs. We think you should sit Wagner out for a couple weeks.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT