ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Scratch Draft Round 11 BigC4517 expired, Catsfan3523 OTC

Lamarcus Aldridge

ALL NBA 2nd TEAM entering his prime years is ready to prove his legacy as one of the best bigs to play the game! Versatility is key and his ability to create mismatches with the 4 & 5 makes for a tough matchup
i probably should have taken him over jordan, as his offensive output is superior. i went offense/defense, as i was taking okafor (who i think may be an all-star) either way. it was either aldridge, kat or jordan. already having okafor who should realistically shoot near 60%, i needed jordan's 15 rpg/extra muscle. great pick though, lemarcus is a beast.

i probably should have taken him over jordan, as his offensive output is superior. i went offense/defense, as i was taking okafor (who i think may be an all-star) either way. it was either aldridge, or jordan. already having okafor who should realistically shoot near 60%, i needed jordan's 15 rpg/extra muscle. great pick though, lemarcus is a beast.

Be careful going forward in mentioning players not drafted..

Just curious, so you see Okafor playing alongside Jordan as the 4? I'll agree in that Okafor may be an all-star as his offensive skills around the basket are nice!

I'm thinking you better hope for a rule change in the NBA.. Hack a Jordan/Okafor will be awfully intriguing!
well you'll need some major three point shooting as well. if you hack third quarter in this hypothetical draft i would have to lol. their both terrible ft shooters but at the end of the game i'd probably have one or none in the game. we should all have enough versatility to match any potential lineup once we've made all our picks.

Last edited:
  1. Be careful going forward in mentioning players not drafted..
Just curious, so you see Okafor playing alongside Jordan as the 4? I'll agree in that Okafor may be an all-star as his offensive skills around the basket are nice!
not necessarily. last draft i had like four power forwards by the end. i may start okafor at center and and have Jordan rotate in and have them play together maybe 12 minutes in the first 36. then probably with either interchangeably in the fourth. depends on if certain players at a certain position are still available after 20+ picks. i think some could be and then it would be a three headed monster maybe.

if them two are together i may have jordan technically be the four, running the high post running dummy screens or back lobs. so that he is at the top of the key and can't shoot doesn't really hurt as he shouldn't have his hands on the ball until he's near the rim anyway. i would have to see who left before i can tell you who will be guarding the davis'. right now technically it'd be deandre.

Alright, so East Lansing Cat is out. Let's give eRUPPtion until 3 PM central time to show up and let us know something.

If they aren't here by then, UKCats1988 gets to make back-to-back picks and then the draft carries on as normal with him as the new member.

He gets hated on a ton, but that's a steal right here.

People forget about Carmelo because the Knicks played a pick up squad all year. Some of that hate will wear off on this board because John Wall is alongside!
Melo is one of the elite in the name category, interested to see the pieces put around him.

Reactions: bigc45157
People forget about Carmelo because the Knicks played a pick up squad all year. Some of that hate will wear off on this board because John Wall is alongside!
Melo is one of the elite in the name category, interested to see the pieces put around him.

I have a plan. Let's see how it pans out.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
He gets hated on a ton, but that's a steal right here.

That's probably the best possible situation for Carmelo. An unselfish superstar like Wall could help bring out his best qualities.

......Or Carmelo could corrupt Wall and they both end up tearing the team apart.

Worst thing about Melo is needing the ball in his hands too much. Wall has to have the ball in his hands.

There is guy left, you could make the argument is a top 10-15 player in the NBA and if it's considering his potential going forward I would think he would've been a first round pick.. Interested to see how far he falls.

There is guy left, you could make the argument is a top 10-15 player in the NBA and if it's considering his potential going forward I would think he would've been a first round pick.. Interested to see how far he falls.
Pretty sure I know which guy you're talking about.

About to be off the grid for a few hours but I'll be back around late tonight.

With the #24 pick, I select: Andrew Wiggins, University of Kansas, by way of the Bill Self Detox Center.

tumblr_mkc0eaG3SD1qzc69yo1_400.gif

I think I just picked up a top-5 (if not top-3) NBA player over the next 3 years. I've got a plan to speed up his development to super-stardom.... just wait.

With the #24 pick, I select: Andrew Wiggins, University of Kansas, by way of the Bill Self Detox Center.

tumblr_mkc0eaG3SD1qzc69yo1_400.gif

I think I just picked up a top-5 (if not top-3) NBA player over the next 3 years. I've got a plan to speed up his development to super-stardom.... just wait.

I don't think he'll be top 5 within 3 years. He has a lot to work on, and the league is loaded right now.

I don't think he'll be top 5 within 3 years. He has a lot to work on, and the league is loaded right now.
Well I disagree. He's insanely talented he just looked average when coached by Self.

Well I disagree. He's insanely talented he just looked average when coached by Self.

Sure, he is talented. But he had a below average PER, negative Box +/-, negative VORP, etc.

He has a lot to work on to be mentioned in the same breath with AD, KD, Steph, Harden, Westbrook...for starters. Just to name 5 guys (already drafted so I can talk about them) who will still be in their prime 3 years from now.

You said maybe top 3. Hey, maybe. But he isn't that close today, other than his elite athleticism.

I would say that if he's universally considered top 10 three years from now, then he's done fine.

If you're still interested, we may need an alternate soon.

@GonzoCat90 I would vote to let @UKcats1988 on at this point. Eastlansing is on the clock again, and @eRUPPtion78 has had about 3.5 hours to respond.

Alright, so East Lansing Cat is out. Let's give eRUPPtion until 3 PM central time to show up and let us know something.

If they aren't here by then, UKCats1988 gets to make back-to-back picks and then the draft carries on as normal with him as the new member.

Sorry guys, was out all night in the ER with a sick little boy. Thanks for thinking of me though, maybe I'll get in on one next time!

Reactions: Aike
I'm thinking you better hope for a rule change in the NBA.. Hack a Jordan/Okafor will be awfully intriguing!

I like the sound of hack a Jah better. But they compliment each other very well with Okafor's advanced post skill set given his age and Jordan's athletic prowess, big time presence on the boards and terrific defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT