ADVERTISEMENT

Mychal Mulder commits

ukhoops1

Junior
Oct 18, 2012
Mychal Mulder will officially announce and sign at a press conference at Vincennes tomorrow at 3:30 eastern, per Vincennes HC Todd Franklin.

Reliable sources tell HHC that Windsor, ON's 6'4" Mychal Mulder will formally announce his commitment to Kentucky Tuesday afternoon.

Per source, Mulder was "signed" before he ever arrived on the Kentucky campus for visit that took place today.

Last edited:
The way this April has gone I would not be so sure he is coming to UK. Hopefully we get good news with the other top rated recruits.

The way this April has gone I would not be so sure he is coming to UK. Hopefully we get good news with the other top rated recruits.

You're right. He visited UK, just got home, announced his decision is made and he will announce it and sign tomorrow, and the decision will be...... Cleveland State.
Smart man.

mr-miyagi-o.gif

Reactions: Jkwo
ksr says he's going to announce at a "ceremony" tomorrow @ 3:30. damn, dude, you're a juco soph transfer, going somewhere to be a backup for somebody. you have a chance to play for a D1 program. great. just grab the opportunity and go.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
He loved Kentucky so much he picked Cleveland State.

That's apparently the prevailing logic around here. Not that I wasn't already aware of that, but still. I have no reason not to want a 46% 3PT shooter, with tremendous athleticism, very good size for a guard, and actually shoots free throws well (82%, and for any of you that act like this isn't a big deal have not watched many UK games in the past).
Not to mention, he brought down the hammer on James Young in an AAU game when he was in high school, so yeah. Also a neat coincidence.

So uk brings back a starting pg who was great in his first year. A four year starting pf who is an athletic freak. A third year Mcdonalds all American who will block shots, get rebs, dunk everything and I'm sure improve his offensive game...and combine that with the number one player in the country with the number one point guard in the country, plus an elite lock down defending wing who can score in transition and slash to the rim, and then they add a third year college player who can shoot the 3 at 47% and is a great athlete and some bozos think that this team can't compete for a national championship. R I D I C U L O U S. oh, I forgot. Our coaching staff must suck. LOL

Sounds great to me! Now, let's add Diallo and/or Brown to the mix! I know, I know....I'm not greedy or anything...lol

ksr says he's going to announce at a "ceremony" tomorrow @ 3:30. damn, dude, you're a juco soph transfer, going somewhere to be a backup for somebody. you have a chance to play for a D1 program. great. just grab the opportunity and go.

Is this a serious post? Some people on here are disgustingly ignorant, if so.

This is a young man making a HUGE personal decision. Why would he not celebrate it? I don't care if you pledge to be a back up at a D3 school, for any individual this is a MONUMENTAL moment in any kid's life.

I very much like him and his Game. Having said that he brings nothing that makes me believe he raises our bar . Diallo is a must ..

Moron, he started all but the first 4 games for a team that went 34-3.

You can say what you want about his game or the level of competition but he was no 6th man.

Also add that he's apparently the only player that started as a freshman in that basketball program. I hardly think we're wasting away in recruiting. Especially with this sudden surge in elite players to UK news and us having 2 very good guards coming in out of high school, and retaining an elite guard already.

Reactions: bigc45157
I very much like him and his Game. Having said that he brings nothing that makes me believe he raises our bar .

Except consistency, age, outside shooting (see consistency), free throw shooting (see consistency), a nice offensive arsenal, and athleticism (and not the raw kind of athletic players we see a lot of).
Sounds like a bunch of things that help raise our bar, pessimist.

Reactions: mattrudd
He sounds like a good addition but, I can't see him being a game changer. More of a situational player. Murray is the "must get" to me. He would be a game changer.

Reactions: catsfan70
Just curious. Do recruiting rankings factor in JUCO transfers? Can't remember if Dodson affected our 2009 class.

Mychal Mulder will officially announce and sign at a press conference at Vincennes tomorrow at 3:30 eastern, per Vincennes HC Todd Franklin.

Reliable sources tell HHC that Windsor, ON's 6'4" Mychal Mulder will formally announce his commitment to Kentucky Tuesday afternoon.

Per source, Mulder was "signed" before he ever arrived on the Kentucky campus for visit that took place today.

Great news, his perimeter shooting should help open things up inside.

So uk brings back a starting pg who was great in his first year. A four year starting pf who is an athletic freak. A third year Mcdonalds all American who will block shots, get rebs, dunk everything and I'm sure improve his offensive game...and combine that with the number one player in the country with the number one point guard in the country, plus an elite lock down defending wing who can score in transition and slash to the rim, and then they add a third year college player who can shoot the 3 at 47% and is a great athlete and some bozos think that this team can't compete for a national championship. R I D I C U L O U S. oh, I forgot. Our coaching staff must suck. LOL

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Good to hear. We need bodies, and you always like to bring in a guy who can shoot the ball.

Now we need at least one more, hopefully two. But this is a start.

Ok. A jc transfer will make a huge difference. Yup. You're right.

He will be a decent back up. But scoring is still an issue with the current roster.

I'm sure that the two are cut from a different bolt of cloth as far as character goes, but despite what you believe, the linebeards' Chris Jones was a very good shooting guard, except he was a knuckle-head, and not a point guard like Rick tried to make him into. He's from JUCO. Also a first team JUCO All-American, just as Mulder is. Mulder is the leading scorer for a deep JUCO team filled with D1 talent, and their record shows for it.
What you say will not make him any better or worse of a basketball player, but what you say will make you look more or less ignorant, so take it from me, he'll fit in very nicely at UK.

Awesome!! Always take a scorer. I think he averages @10 per and surprises.

Huh? So he shouldn't be excited and celebrate the fact that he is going to play basketball for the greatest program of all time? I bet you are a barrel of fun to watch a game with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT