ADVERTISEMENT

My cousin is a baller

Going into SR yr up in NKy and starting to get some attention.

Drained 72 consecutive 3's in a workout this week and finished 197/207 for drill.

6'4" and growing into body.

Starting to get offers, I legit think he can go D1.

The kid can flat out shoot. He’ll most likely pick up some D-3, NAIA offers soon. D1 and D2 now are almost impossible due to the transfer portal. Kids have to be nationally ranked nowadays to get a look there..they often come late-after high school season for current year seniors. Hope he enjoys his season and the process of being recruited.

The kid can flat out shoot. He’ll most likely pick up some D-3, NAIA offers soon. D1 and D2 now are almost impossible due to the transfer portal. Kids have to be nationally ranked nowadays to get a look there..they often come late-after high school season for current year seniors. Hope he enjoys his season and the process of being recruited.

I'm hoping he can get a walk on spot somewhere or whatever he wants. He obviously is putting in the effort.

Last edited:
I'm hoping he can get a walk on spot somewhere.
Because of all the transfers, kids are now choosing to play D2 and lower instead of staying in the log jam that is D1. Excellent basketball is now being played all the way down to the JUCO level. I would tell him to go where you can contribute and get your education paid for. Griffin Elite is a great organization-they will help promote him.

Drained 72 consecutive 3's in a workout this week and finished 197/207 for drill.

Nice! Good luck to the kid and if he turns out D1 good let’s hope one day he can get a spot on our beloved Cats!

Definitely has a quick shot, prolly a mid Major looking at his all around size and athletic ability. From the clips I assume he doesn’t get to the rack all that well or at least didn’t show it. His shooting is the most valuable skill he could have thought. His success will depend on how good his handle is and the other parts of his game like passing and defense/rebounding for a guard. I’d love to see more video of his all around game to see more of what he can do overall. Right now it’s just a guess based on limited video.

If he does go the D2 or small D1 route and puts up great numbers he will get looks for a transfer though.

Because of all the transfers, kids are now choosing to play D2 and lower instead of staying in the log jam that is D1. Excellent basketball is now being played all the way down to the JUCO level. I would tell him to go where you can contribute and get your education paid for. Griffin Elite is a great organization-they will help promote him.
You can definitely make a D1 school with a good JUCO team showing. Probably a better route for a kid like him, to get better playing decent competition rather than sitting on a bench doing very little at a big D1 school early.

Thats cool. Hope it all works out and he ends up some place where he can just be happy and contribute. Being a D1 player is cool and all, but it's not everything. I know a guy who played D1 at UT Martin and he acts like it was the worst experience ever. He always says if he had it to do over again he wished he'd just went to Georgetown College and play for Happy Osborne.

I noticed that he is up around close to NKU so you always got Darrin Horn close by and he's not shy about giving in state guys a chance to play for him. Maybe he can start out somewhere like that and see how it goes and then adjust from there.

I'll be keeping a watch out for your cuz and hope he has a big season this year. It used to be that if you could shoot the ball that they could always find a place for you.

Last edited:
Related…but unrelated…but related:

This thread is an example of why I love this board. The community and the connection of posters we have here is unique. This is a throw back thread that embodies the spirit of the history of this board prior to the last few years of the social media era takeover

I don't know man, his walk is a little too slow for my liking.

mijmfVX.gif

If you’re the 8-10 guy on a D1 team, much better off being 1-5 on a lower division team. Also, better to be on a great lower divisionL team than the smaller D1 schools.. those small D1 schools are trash.
Yeah some of the lower D1 schools are trash, but those guys still get a chance at some good experiences like maybe an opportunity to play in some nice venues and get on TV a few times and if they real lucky get a chance to play in the big dance come March. Some of those places really do look depressing though when they play in big ole empty arenas.

Reactions: UKrazycat2

197/207 sounds like he needs to put in some work and make it a respectable number and stop
embarrassing the family. 😂😂

I believe Lofton hit either 92 or 95 out of 100 threes in one drill in HS and he didn’t get offered by UK. 🤷‍♂️

Related…but unrelated…but related:

This thread is an example of why I love this board. The community and the connection of posters we have here is unique. This is a throw back thread that embodies the spirit of the history of this board prior to the last few years of the social media era takeover

Ha, yeah...explaining a cousin can sound like that.

• Haha
Reactions: EliteBlue
Ha, yeah...explaining a cousin can sound like that.
Hahah I meant like “on topic…..but off topic…but kinda on topic”. Just good to see ppl sharing experiences and ppl being supportive and cordial and enthusiastic without all the extra stuff that’s became way too common these days on internet/social media culture that appears in every comment section on any platform regardless of topic.

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Hahah I meant like “on topic…..but off topic…but kinda on topic”. Just good to see ppl sharing experiences and ppl being supportive and cordial and enthusiastic without all the extra stuff that’s became way too common these days on internet/social media culture that appears in every comment section on any platform regardless of topic.

Ah, gotcha...I totally misinterpreted your message, lol. I should probably just stay off here until I am fully awake. No messages between 10:30p and 5a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT