ADVERTISEMENT

My apologies if this has already been shared.

Very good story on Pope. Love our coach. #oneofus

Joining Welcome Home GIF

What struck Carr’s family was how organized and in sync Pope and his hastily assembled staff were less than three weeks after he was hired. Then again, how else could a program go from zero to seven scholarship players so quickly? What the Carrs witnessed was the enthusiastic execution of a clear vision.

“The short amount of time they’ve had to build this, you would never know it,” Darby Carr says. “They are so connected and all working toward the same goal, and it is absolutely amazing to watch.”

They still took their scheduled visit to Villanova on Sunday, but their minds were already made up. Carr committed to Kentucky that night.

Coach Pope is going to be every bit the Ambassador CAL was, a much better Coach then CAL ever was and more important a Man parents can trust to take care of their Son and make them a better player but also a better person.
Too bad most of these parents especially of high ranked recruits only care about how much $ a coach can give them or how fast they can get them drafted. They look at their kids as a ticket out.

Too bad most of these parents especially of high ranked recruits only care about how much $ a coach can give them or how fast they can get them drafted. They look at their kids as a ticket out.
IMO, that's just the player archetype Cal recruited. There are recruits and parents out there who have better attitudes towards college, education, and development, and Pope is going to go after them.

Now these raftards are experts on the attitude of parents. These pathetic losers have no idea but act like they’re experts. You’re a fraud.

Who are these better parents fraud, can you actually name names. Just make up some names like you made up acting like you know anything about these guys parents.
I said in my opinion. You're welcome to disagree and set up reasonable discourse.

But if you're looking for specifics, we can point to Sharpe and his handlers and that whole debacle. We can look at the players who talk about how the Cal train has just left for another station. We can look at the players who've talked about using UK as a springboard to the NBA. It's not every parent or player in the Cal era, mind you, and generalizations are prone to inaccuracies. If you take them at face value, you might be an idiot.

Which, considering that you have a brand new account and came here to start sh*t instead of having a nice conversation where you can state your case, tells me you are in fact that idiot.

Reactions: UKFBFan78
Jmo but popes organization and leadership skills are his best traits. On his only radio call in, I was blown away at some of the drills they use to groom player leaders. Some real next level stuff.

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT