ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan Freeman said it in Seven

Jun 29, 2018
He said "This is not going to have a happy ending", or something like that. It applies to this season. Like every UK fan, we all hope it can be like 2014 and we make a historic turnaround. We all know that isn't going to happen. We might get a few good wins the rest of the way, but our issues are not getting fixed. Because most of them require a coach that knows how, and is willing to make those fixes. Cal is incapable of thinking any of this is his fault.

We are all basketball bennies he can deride in the few press appearances he deigns to give. All the refs are against us, or him I should say. Every players has their best game ever against us (wonder why that might be), and every road game is their "super bowl". We've all heard these crutches ad nauseum. If Cal stays for another season or multiple seasons, it only delays our attempted return to the upper tier of college basketball. It's not happening during his tenure that's for sure.

Reactions: bIhawk
Great movie they probably will remake this movie also. Yeah KY and CAL is going to end very bad I’m afraid

Morgan Freeman also said, "Was I destined to be here? No I was not. You never know what is going to happen." You can Google it.

Aside from being a round-up of what a hundred people have already said on this site in the past few days, the OP says, "we all know what is going to happen."

Like we all knew what was going to happen during the exact same period during the 2017 season when Kentucky lost three out of four, only winning in OT against a bad Georgia team?

Like we all knew what was going to happen in 2011, when Kentucky lost three out of four between Feb. 1 and Feb. 12?

Like we all knew what was going to happen in 2014 when Kentucky lost three out of four between Feb. 27 and March 4?

One thing I know for sure. Lots of people despaired and jumped ship and gave up in all three those years, that ended in a Final Four, a Final game and a last second Elite Eight loss to the eventual National Champion in a game totally controlled by an incompetent referee.

Leave me out of "We all know what is going to happen." I don't.
See how far back this one has to go in order to "counter" the point. LOL

chris-farley-remember.gif

Morgan Freeman also said, "Was I destined to be here? No I was not. You never know what is going to happen."

Aside from being a round-up of what a hundred people have already said on this site in the past few days, the OP says, "we all know what is going to happen."

Like we all knew what was going to happen during the exact same period during the 2017 season when Kentucky lost three out of four, only winning in OT against a bad Georgia team?

Like we all knew what was going to happen in 2011, when Kentucky lost three out of four between Feb. 1 and Feb. 12?

Like we all knew what was going to happen in 2014 when Kentucky lost three out of four between Feb. 27 and March 4?

One thing I know for sure. Lots of people despaired and jumped ship and gave up in all three those years, that ended in a Final Four, a Final game and a last second Elite Eight loss to the eventual National Champion in a game totally controlled by an incompetent referee.

Leave me out of "We all know what is going to happen." I don't.
Defensive efficiency of the aforementioned teams:

2017/2018: #28
2013/2014: #73
2010/2011: #34

And now, drumroll please...

2023/2024: #154

The 2023/2024 team "ain't it, chief", as kids these days would say. They could have been a title contender under a competent coach, but under a man who couldn't get a single NCAA championship out of Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Julius Randle, Karl-Anthony Towns, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, De'Aaron Fox, Tyrese Maxey, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander...

they have nothing to look forward to, and neither does BBN...

It won't be a happy ending. We owe cal too much money so there is no way he's walking away and no way we outright fire him. We'll eventually have to pay him to "retire"

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT