ADVERTISEMENT

Monk Cutting List After Peach Jam, Which Starts Thursday

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Steve Sullivan‏@sully7777 3h3 hours ago
Malik Monk says he will narrow his list to the top 5 following Peach Jam. He says Hogs are in that five. He was smooth and explosive tonight

I assume that Arkansas is ahead of everyone else. I really hope we can catch up and overtake though. He's #1 on my guard wish list for 2016.

Cue the "He's going to Arkansas" posts. According to some here, we will never get another recruit.

He probably will go to Arkansas and cost himself a lot of money in the process. I'll gladly take Alkins as a consolation prize.

I thought WWW made sure we got every single player we ever wanted.

He probably will go to Arkansas and cost himself a lot of money in the process. I'll gladly take Alkins as a consolation prize.

I'll take Alkins as a 2, and Bridges as a 3. If Monk comes to UK, he needs to go from shooting guard to point guard. He's not gonna be a shooting guard in the NBA. That's a backcourt with a lot of freak athleticism, and very good size in college.

As part of my annual summer road trip, I spent some time down in Arkansas last week discussing Monk with locals. They seem to think his mother will make his decision for him, and that spells Arkansas. I really haven't a clue; however, Arkansas isn't going to be on any national radars any time soon. If Monk picks the Razorbacks, it isn't because he wants to win as a frosh; and yes I would openly question his desire to prioritize winning.

Dudley E. Dawson
‏@Dedsports
2h2 hours ago
Malik Monk will announce his top 5 - with Arkansas being among those - in August on his brother Marcus' new radio show The Raw Report

Hmmm.

I'll take Alkins as a 2, and Bridges as a 3. If Monk comes to UK, he needs to go from shooting guard to point guard. He's not gonna be a shooting guard in the NBA. That's a backcourt with a lot of freak athleticism, and very good size in college.
I doubt he'd play point. Ulis may be back and Ibstill expect Simmons to be a cat. Even if only one of those happen, Monk will have no need to play point.

He is a 2 and can play 2 in the league. He is about the same size as DWade.

Folks routinely say a kid like Monk is NBA-bound regardless of college choice, but in some cases picking the wrong school costs a kid a few draft spots, and that's real money that completely disappears, never to return.

I hope Malik makes the best choice for himself. If that's Arkansas, I can live with that; but if he picks the 'backs due to local pressure, I would really feel bad for the kid. He'll basically be spending a season in basketball purgatory, playing a defensive style that no one in the NBA employs.

Steve Sullivan‏@sully7777 3h3 hours ago
Malik Monk says he will narrow his list to the top 5 following Peach Jam. He says Hogs are in that five. He was smooth and explosive tonight
This is anticlimactic. He is going to Arkansas or Kentucky, and I think Calipari's chances are 50-50.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT