ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Monday Notes (11/9)...

tj_walker

T.J. Walker
Gold Member
May 25, 2011
Louisville
podcasts.apple.com
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thrilled it's basketball season and with the early signing period starting today it should be a busy week. Possible commitment this week? We'll see.

De'Aaron Fox: Fox's father told Rivals that there is no date or time set. This is surprising but I wouldn't be concerned. The only way you should be concerned is if the decision is pushed back until the spring. If that's the case we'll have to reevaluate things.

A source close to UK told me they're unsure when he's planning to sign, but about a week ago another source said they expected it to be in the early signing period. My guess is he'll do it on ESPN sometime this week. But I would expect some news in the coming days.

Jarrett Allen: As expect, Allen enjoyed his visit, I'm told. He went to the UK game on Friday night, sat right behind the bench and was able to listen to Calipari coach.

The biggest takeaway from Allen's visit to UK was the relationship UK was able to make on Allen's parents. There's a previous relationship between Allen's dad and Mitch Barnhart. Barnhart was working at San Diego State when Allen's father was a freshman there.

If Allen announces in the fall, which I don't think will happen, UK would be the choice in my opinion. If he waits until the spring I think there's a good chance UK lands him, but like with Fox, we'd have to reevaluate and see how things play out.

So basically my guess is Allen ends up at UK. This has changed from a week ago. That's how well the visit went.

Bam: Not much has changed with Adebayo. We're waiting to see if he's going to sign early. If he does it'll probably be NC State. If he waits, NC State still leads but I think it'd help UK's chances if he waits. UK will likely only land one more big so I'm curious if there will be some pressure for one to commit.

Bolden: Kansas is surging in this recruitment. He's going to wait until the spring to announce, so if UK were to miss on Allen and Bam then maybe the Cats turn the heat up on Bolden, but my guess is he ends up somewhere else besides Kentucky.

Monk: There's still a slim chance Monk could announce in the next few weeks but all signs are pointing towards a spring decision. Calipari visited Monk last week and that visit went well. Told it was more of a coaching visit, as they just went over Monk's game and some things he can do to improve, also talked about other things besides basketball. That's one of Calipari's ways of building a relationship.

Seems like everything is pointing in UK's favor, but obviously the elephant in the room is if Monk will leave home. May have to wait a few months to find out.

Maker: A lot of people have asked about Maker and I wouldn't expect UK to turn up the heat on him unless they just missed on everyone. There's going to be some eligibility concerns with Maker that will have the NCAA doing their homework and even if he is eventually cleared he could miss some time. Think UK would prefer just not to deal with it.

But if UK missed on everyone, you may see some action. Doubt it happens.

Speaking of weird, Maker unofficially visited Iowa State this week.

Petty: 2017 star John Petty visited Alabama this week.The Tide will be UK's biggest competition. Petty is a quiet kid who may find staying at home more appealing, but if I'm Calipari I'm doing whatever I can to convince him otherwise. Love Petty in 2017. Great defensive player.

Reactions: GilbertH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News